This may be stating the obvious, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the smaller, individually operated Verizon stores may not get the phone in stock until Monday, November 24, 2008.

I just went to the small Verizon store on Washington and Lasalle in the Chicago loop, and the owner expressed concern that he may not actually get the units in time to have them ready for sale on the 21st.
    11-13-08 01:36 PM
    From what I know, I don't think indirect channels won't be able to order their Storms until the 21st.
    11-13-08 02:15 PM
    Was he a corp or authorized retailer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 02:16 PM
    From what I know, I don't think indirect channels won't be able to order their Storms until the 21st.
    Ouch...that answer hurt my head!
    11-13-08 02:21 PM
    Was he a corp or authorized retailer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not sure. I want to say a non-corporate dealer. What does it mean to be authorized? Doesn't any seller need to be "authorized"?

Anyway, the store is literally a 10ft by 10ft by 10ft cube. There is only one employee that sits at a desk that is lodged in the corner. It's kinda funny. Gotta be a non-corporate dealer.
    11-13-08 02:36 PM
    Well I posted a thread about this earlier. I called my local store in Steubenville, Ohio to ask about opening earlier and other things and was told that stores don't get it until a week earlier. It would only be online. This store calls themselves a premium retailer. Not sure what exactly that means, but I'm irritated. I want that damn phone on the 21st!!!
    11-13-08 03:33 PM
    I'm not sure. I want to say a non-corporate dealer. What does it mean to be authorized? Doesn't any seller need to be "authorized"?

Anyway, the store is literally a 10ft by 10ft by 10ft cube. There is only one employee that sits at a desk that is lodged in the corner. It's kinda funny. Gotta be a non-corporate dealer.
    Corporate stores are the ones that are ran by Verizon or have very strong ties with verizon.

Authorized retailers are just people who set up there own shop and get comission when they get someone to sign up with verizon or sell them a phone and other things of that sort, normally an authorized retailer will also be an authorized retailer for AT&T, TMobile and other cell companies.

Unauthorized are the ones u stay away from lol, then again they don't exactly advertise they are unauthorized. Unauthorized is the guy in the alley way trying to sell u the broken phone for half off
    11-13-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD