We had some questions on it in the past, and after a vote and some discussion, we have decided that any posts made in the Rants & Raves forum should not count towards your total post count. This forum is essentially not "helpful" and more for rants and discussion (obviously). We try to reserve the forums that contain useful, helpful discussion for post count. So at any time if you feel that something is wrongly in this forum, let a moderator know and we'll look into it.

Some post counts may have dropped and for that we apologize. Just wanted to give a heads up.
    05-14-09 03:46 PM
    So does this mean all previous posts in this section have been dropped from post count, or is it just that posts won't count going forward from here?
    05-14-09 07:59 PM
    Well this could go for just about any post on CB then. Very rarely are posts beyond the first page "helpful". Besides, do you win something for having a lot of posts? My 2 cents.
    05-14-09 08:09 PM
    So does this mean all previous posts in this section have been dropped from post count, or is it just that posts won't count going forward from here?
    If any user posted in the Rant and Raves section yes they will notice a lower post count.

Some post counts may have dropped and for that we apologize. Just wanted to give a heads up.
    05-14-09 10:20 PM
    A post is a post come on, doesnt matter what section its in.
    05-15-09 09:21 AM
    BRAVO!!!
    05-15-09 09:23 AM
    BRAVO!!!
    Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-15-09 09:37 AM
    Out of curiosity, why do people care so much about post count?

It is entirely feasible for a member with 1000 posts to be less helpful to the CB community than a member with 50 posts. It is the same with every forum of which I've ever been a member.

Just wondering.
    05-15-09 11:42 AM

It is entirely feasible for a member with 1000 posts to be less helpful to the CB community than a member with 50 posts. It is the same with every forum of which I've ever been a member.

Just wondering.
    You are correct, we do have some members who do not post anything positive. But for the most part, people like myself, do try and help out others. I for one enjoy helping others, because when i post a thread people help me.

Sure I've had my moments of nonsense, but doesn't everybody?

I guess people just "see" it as an "elders" sort of thing, when it's really not true in reality.

It mostly just shows your traffic on this site
    05-15-09 11:45 AM

Just wondering.
    very true!
    05-15-09 11:55 AM
    I lost a few posts, ah well!
    05-15-09 03:00 PM
    I am happy with the decision...
    05-15-09 03:05 PM
    hey - why not exclude posts by anyone who has a vowel in their user name - sounds as arbitrary and useless as what you've decided
    05-15-09 06:29 PM
    Good lord, there was a vote over this? It's that big of a deal? hahaha...crackberry...this place really is hilarious!
    05-16-09 12:30 PM
    Oh no my post count! And on the same day I deleted my Level 12 Wizard with the +5 Helm of Disentergration. And this post doesn't count either! AAAAHHHH!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 11:39 AM
    half of my posts have been "i remember my first beer" so post counts are pretty worthless IMO...they should be done away with entirely...instead go to how long you've been a member, or something else.
    05-17-09 01:21 PM
    half of my posts have been "i remember my first beer" so post counts are pretty worthless IMO...they should be done away with entirely...instead go to how long you've been a member, or something else.
    I just want to be able to change my title...
    05-18-09 10:30 AM
    I like how the I hate my storm an just bought an iphone posts don't count any more

05-18-09 10:38 AM
    I was surprised how few posts I actually lost.
    05-18-09 01:57 PM
    And everytime a leaked OS comes out, some a-hole posts "downloading" and gets credit for that because it's on the OS forum? That's real useful.
    05-18-09 02:24 PM
    Pathetic. Post count means you're traffic. Not your knowledge. Grow up guys. Who cares what your count is. Helping someone is the same if you've got 100 or 10000000 posts.

05-18-09 02:28 PM
    Let's see where the trolls lie now.. LOL

05-18-09 02:49 PM
    Oh no my post count! And on the same day I deleted my Level 12 Wizard with the +5 Helm of Disentergration. And this post doesn't count either! AAAAHHHH!

Hahah

10char
    05-19-09 06:55 PM
    Pathetic. Post count means you're traffic. Not your knowledge. Grow up guys. Who cares what your count is.
    Chicks dig guys with skills...You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills. Posting on a forum requires skills. High post count = greater skills = more chicks.
    05-20-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD