I recently gave up on syncing my new Storm with my PC (XP SP3) because of driver problems. Computer failed to recognize the Storm unless I did a restart each time..so annoying. I had similar problems with my Curve but not as bad. Anyway, I moved to my mac and gave PocketMac a try and it is awesome! It's actually better in my opinion than Desktop Manager. You can sync everything from music, photos and even bookmarks all from the one app. It's disappointing that it didn't work as well on XP and that Desktop Manager hasn't evolved.
    01-10-09 11:39 PM
    Wish I could get it to work on my Mac

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 12:32 AM
    More and more people are using this, and more and more people are getting it to not work. I was one of the people that could NOT get it to work, I just use a comp with XP and it works great.

P.S. I hate windows, and Microsoft, go Mac!! lol :P
    01-11-09 12:36 AM
    i love how this is the exact opposite of my experience with pocket mac lol
    01-11-09 01:58 AM
    i love how this is the exact opposite of my experience with pocket mac lol
    you and like 95% of other mac users, i haven't heard one good thing about pocketmac, its really a disgrace that RIM really hasn't gotten around to providing mac users with the final mac solution instead of this pocketcrap
    01-11-09 03:13 AM
    I got it to sync my contacts somehow.. it works for me, I just reinstalled it, and never plugged my phone into my computer, and NEVER restart.. and it works! it took some time though
    01-11-09 03:19 AM
    I'm still having problems getting my storm to sync to my mac. I have tried uninstalling pocketmac, and reinstalling it. I did download the updated drivers. I've connected the storm before opening pocketmac, and I've opened up entourage, which I normally do not use, before trying all this, as stated in the known issues from BB when you download the program. I have done a hard reset on my storm, still my mac will not sync with the storm. I know the computer knows it is there because it charges while connected to the computer. Any ideas out there?
    01-11-09 11:05 AM
    My pocketmac works fairly well..most of the time... once in awhile it freezes and exits in the middle, but I was able to transfer contacts and calendar events without a problem.
    01-11-09 11:17 AM
    you know I too had a lot of issues with pocketmac... then I visited the "mac Users" forum right here on crackberry. Got it fixed... by doing simple deletions/emptying trash... now it works as advertised. Love it!
    01-11-09 11:42 AM
    Is pocketmac the equivalent to desktop manager??
    i wanted to update to the new OS but im a BB newbbbb so idk what im doing at all.
    01-15-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD