I think so but it sounds like the VZ rep got caught up in all our phone calls/questions that even they are convinced its the 17th

Blackberry Storm set for Nov. 17 lift-off | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com
    11-10-08 04:03 PM
    if it isnt from VZW then I don't wanna believe it.. gosh I'm almost ready for this phone to come and be gone. lol!! once it's here what comes next we can talk about?
    11-10-08 04:05 PM
    This is getting very very ridiculous, very out of hand lol.
    11-10-08 04:05 PM
    if it isnt from VZW then I don't wanna believe it.. gosh I'm almost ready for this phone to come and be gone. lol!! once it's here what comes next we can talk about?

11-10-08 04:07 PM
    I don't think you will hear an announcement from verizon. You are just going to wake up one morning to a "I just ordered/bought my storm" thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 04:11 PM
    i agree. it's gonna show up at some random azz time on Verizon's website like 8:56 p.m. for preorder.
    11-10-08 04:19 PM
    Then what the **** is the point of signing up for the email updates? I got 1 email from VZW to confirm my sign up and then just 1 more about the NYC Hunt. I would think that the point of the email alert would be to let us all know about the launch date and price in advance of the launch date.
    11-10-08 04:21 PM
    can we get all these duplicate threads merged? or atleast moved to the sticky topic...i belive the next 5-10 days there will alot of he said she said threads till we get a real anoucement

11-10-08 04:30 PM
    Seriously... Another thread? Thats why the mod created the
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...-thread-82781/ thread.

How can people miss the sticky at the top that says ***Blackberry (95XX) Storm/Thunder Release/Pricing Thread*** and people still create new threads everytime they talk to someone who heard from someone that read in a fortune cookie that the release date is xxxxxxxxx.
    11-10-08 05:45 PM
    this blogger has no clue more than anyone here that has called cs/telesales...
    11-10-08 06:03 PM
    I could see him now tucked away in a seedy little corner with a pre-paid phone so the called couldn't be traced. With a large brimmed hat and a long black coat. Whispering to ZDNet psst hey u. The VZW Storm will be out on.
    Sneakin a fax letter head and sendin it off.
    Afer completion he goes back to the sales staff and the all ive him congratulatory high fives. Yeah maybe the saps will for it and stop callin.
    I tell ya it's a false leak by Dulac
    11-10-08 06:13 PM
    Seriously... Another thread? Thats why the mod created the
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...-thread-82781/ thread.

How can people miss the sticky at the top that says ***Blackberry (95XX) Storm/Thunder Release/Pricing Thread*** and people still create new threads everytime they talk to someone who heard from someone that read in a fortune cookie that the release date is xxxxxxxxx.
    Keep in mind, that thread is currently FIFTY-ONE pages long. I don't know about anyone else but, I'm not reading through all of that crap since 48 pages of it are "Yeah, no one knows" posts.
    11-10-08 06:14 PM
    A sticky price/release thread sounds good when you say it, but not cool when you have to read 700+ posts and counting... that's too large for me to want to sift through it.
    11-10-08 06:16 PM
    Keep in mind, that thread is currently FIFTY-ONE pages long. I don't know about anyone else but, I'm not reading through all of that crap since 48 pages of it are "Yeah, no one knows" posts.
    You're right. We should just keep starting new threads everytime someone calls a VZ rep and hears a date. I'm sure everyone would rather dig through 51 "RELEASE DATE?" threads then sort through 51 pages. Tell the mods to take down the sticky.

I actually did just stopped by BestBuy and asked about the pre-orders for the Storm. I'll start a new thread and tell you all about it.
    11-10-08 06:27 PM
    You're right. We should just keep starting new threads everytime someone calls a VZ rep and hears a date. I'm sure everyone would rather dig through 51 "RELEASE DATE?" threads then sort through 51 pages. Tell the mods to take down the sticky.

I actually did just stopped by BestBuy and asked about the pre-orders for the Storm. I'll start a new thread and tell you all about it.
    I couldn't have said it better. Love your avatar!
    11-10-08 06:34 PM
    no need to read all those pages just the last couple pages or the post that are most current
    11-10-08 08:13 PM
    no need to read all those pages just the last couple pages or the post that are most current
    Agreed. And if one keeps up to date, you can just read just the last page because you've already read the previous ones
    11-10-08 08:21 PM
    But if everyone followed the "rules" and posted on that single thread... it would be 200+ pages long lol
    11-10-08 08:26 PM
    nteresting. At the very beginning of that 1st sticky post for pricing/release date, I posted the following

"Not that I haven't posted enough of my own speculalions, and while "one stop browsing" seems like a good idea, I would think that one thread with several hundred posts would get a little convoluted(sp)"

Boy, did I get ripped for that! But we knew it would happen.
    11-10-08 08:28 PM
    nteresting. At the very beginning of that 1st sticky post for pricing/release date, I posted the following

"Not that I haven't posted enough of my own speculalions, and while "one stop browsing" seems like a good idea, I would think that one thread with several hundred posts would get a little convoluted(sp)"

Boy, did I get ripped for that! But we knew it would happen.
    I remember your post, because I whole-heartily agreed. I knew not to post it though because people here have torches and pitchforks at the ready for stuff like this
    11-10-08 08:34 PM
    But if everyone followed the "rules" and posted on that single thread... it would be 200+ pages long lol
    Well, what's better? A 200+ page thread of crap to read through or a s*** load of crap threads to read through? Why not consolidate all the speculation so that it would be easy to assume that the 1,001 'release date' posts would be in one thread. That way if you don't want to read the 100+ speculations a day, you only have one thread to avoid. And if you do want to read the 100+ "i heard from my father who heard from his father" speculation posts, instead separating them into their own threads, you know the one place to go.
    Last edited by skyys; 11-10-08 at 11:46 PM.
    11-10-08 11:40 PM
    I don't understand how it could be easier to sift through multiple price/speculation threads rather than one thread no matter how many pages it may be. That just defies logic.

11-11-08 05:46 AM

you don't have to sift through 51 release date threads, thats what the title of the post is, if its intriguing enough you click it, you read the first few lines. if not interested IGNORE. very easy, forums are a place for people to post and comment AS THEY PLEASE.

not to mention, if someone gets that pissed off about multiple threads, somebody has issues.
    11-11-08 05:55 AM
    you don't have to sift through 51 release date threads, thats what the title of the post is, if its intriguing enough you click it, you read the first few lines. if not interested IGNORE. very easy, forums are a place for people to post and comment AS THEY PLEASE.

not to mention, if someone gets that pissed off about multiple threads, somebody has issues.
    You got that right!...Kinda sound like some underlying control issues..I'm just saying..
    11-11-08 06:09 AM
    Well, what's better? A 200+ page thread of crap to read through or a s*** load of crap threads to read through? Why not consolidate all the speculation so that it would be easy to assume that the 1,001 'release date' posts would be in one thread. That way if you don't want to read the 100+ speculations a day, you only have one thread to avoid. And if you do want to read the 100+ "i heard from my father who heard from his father" speculation posts, instead separating them into their own threads, you know the one place to go.
    I fully agree with you. Unfortunately we have become a society of "Instant Gratification". Most of us won't do a search to find the answer, we just post an additional thread. By the way, I love your avatar. And I am no better, though I didn't start a new thread, I did not do a search. We all have a long way to go in this life.
    11-11-08 10:47 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD