people complain that rim gets the cool things late.
    And yet you could send/receive picture messages from crappy flip phones before the iPhone could.
    06-08-10 01:14 PM
    all i want is a freakin browser that loads quickly and scrolls smoothly.
    me too...still waiting...
    06-08-10 01:41 PM
    I'm switching to the iphone too..there's just no competition

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 02:53 PM
    It's like you just threw handfuls of alphabet soup on my monitor.

WebOS and Windows 7 are not "evolutionary" when compared to those companies' previous offerings... Let's just say you meant "revolutionary".
    I seriously hope you meant Windows 7 Mobile, not the desktop version.
    06-08-10 02:53 PM
    I'm switching to the iphone too..there's just no competition

there's a forum for you then -- Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone
    06-08-10 02:58 PM
    People in France have had video calling for "ever" and from all accounts, no one even uses the feature. It (i4) will be great for sexting teens however.

Since I don't play games on my touch or storm, I know that the gyro won't add anything I need/want in a cell phone.

AAMOF, I rarely use the video on the Storm, and just occasionally take pictures with it--none of which are "keepers" worthy of printing or copying to my computers for "posterity".

I like gadgets as much as the next dude, but I tend to use them for very specific purposes rather then for all their possible uses.
    This pretty much sums it up for me. Well said.
    06-08-10 03:51 PM
    its sad im really contemplating paying 375 etf on 2 phones and going to get 2 iphone 4g's

im gonna wait a few months and see what rim has to offer but i might be gone come christmas time
    06-08-10 05:01 PM
    its sad im really contemplating paying 375 etf on 2 phones and going to get 2 iphone 4g's

im gonna wait a few months and see what rim has to offer but i might be gone come christmas time
    Well you are not the only one. Most of the major BB players in our office are now looking in that direction, as I am also. Never thought I would say it.
    06-08-10 05:24 PM
    Well you are not the only one. Most of the major BB players in our office are now looking in that direction, as I am also. Never thought I would say it.
    its crazy would cost me like 1350 and i just left att in november bc i broke my iphone and didnt feel like paying full price for a new one so i left (very cheap etf dont know why on 2 phones 175 altogether) and went BOGO with the storm and as of yesterday i regretted the decision i shoulda just got a regular phone and sat it out but i made a fast decision which i thought was right lol

lets hope the rumors are right and iphone will come in november lolol **wishful thinking**
    06-08-10 05:30 PM
    It's funny that some of the great new things that OS4 (and OS3, for that matter) is introducing has been standard on BB since OS4.2 or before. I don't think it really affects the Storm that much. It's a Blackberry with a touchscreen interface, that doesn't mean its gotta "beat" the iPhone or fail.
    06-08-10 05:41 PM
    its not the software thats selling me its the hardware that phone is beautiful made of stainless steel and aluminosilicate glass thats insane its comparing a ferrari to a maxima i mean a maxima is a great car well built but its nothing comparable to the ferrari

i love my s2 but the iphone has had my full attention since wwdc
    06-08-10 05:58 PM
    It's called a Iphone 4, not Iphone 4G. They will add 4G on next years model so they can get the fanboys to buy another one.

06-08-10 06:33 PM
    It's called a Iphone 4, not Iphone 4G. They will add 4G on next years model so they can get the fanboys to buy another one.

LOL! How true!!
    06-08-10 06:57 PM

You know this gentleman makes for a pretty strong argument IMHO because I've been using Blackberries since Omnipoint. An the device was the about the size of the average cable remote now a days. an weighed about the same. But most important is the build quality of today's Crackberry which is often overlooked by most consumers here in the USA mainly. I started with the 6200 series an bounced back an forth threw various models an various tech advancements VIA various service providers. Currently on VZW I've noted superior build quality on most of there "high end" handsets of the Crackberry persuasion. In short having 8yrs of wireless Exp; I leave you this to consider. You get exactly what you pay for now a days. Also never invest in the first year model of anything sold in the USA.
    06-08-10 07:08 PM
    its not the software thats selling me its the hardware that phone is beautiful made of stainless steel and aluminosilicate glass thats insane its comparing a ferrari to a maxima i mean a maxima is a great car well built but its nothing comparable to the ferrari

Well said, I agree with you. Let's see do you own a Ferrari?
    if you did, would you park it in the middle of a busy parking lot without fear or someone scratching it?
    How would you go offroad with it? What about loading a lot of luggage or have 2 or 3 passengers?
    Just like you said, it's a much better unit on paper... now... will it do what you want it do it? Or give you things that don't always matter?

Some people like Ferraris... some like pick up trucks. There's a product for everyone. But I would not say that the Ferrari is the best for everyone...
    06-08-10 08:05 PM
    I'm no fan of iPhone. New model is improvement but still doesn't have me wanting the device. Especially if that means I have to use ATT. Even if on VZW I think there are other options I'd consider if I decided to switch from 9550. But honestly I see no reason to switch to any other phone. Very happy with my 9550.

06-08-10 08:22 PM
    A phone that can run multiple apps at the same time now, a camera with a flash and RIM is playing catchup?

06-08-10 08:39 PM
    a phone that can run multiple apps at the same time now, a camera with a flash and rim is playing catchup?

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1

---------------
    06-08-10 09:05 PM
    A phone that can run multiple apps at the same time now, a camera with a flash and RIM is playing catchup?
    Don't forget Folders for organizing your 2,000,000 apps...

They "innovated" the 2-mic gimmick from the Google Phone too...
    06-08-10 09:06 PM
    My biggest problem with the I-Phone at all is the fact it's on AT&T. I've been there, done that, had the headaches and the arguements with the "customer service." Not gonna go through that again! If it was on Verizon, I'd have had one already. So...the day it does come to Verzion...if it ever does, then yeah...i'll be switching. I'm happy with my Storm 2, but I have to admit, I do like the looks of my friends' I-Phones.
    06-09-10 04:31 AM
    I've had a Storm 1 since it was released and I'm ready for an upgrade soon. Lately, I've been debating on getting a Storm 2, waiting for the next Storm or jumping ship over to Droid. The main issue is that, BlackBerry, for all of its faults, is still the best messaging device out there. Since email is my primary use, I'm trying to not get drawn in by what is new and sexy and lose the feature I like the most. Also, do the other devices have something akin to viigo? I use that all of the time. The browser needs improvement, but the core elements that made BlackBerry popular in the first place are still there. Decisions, decisions...

06-09-10 05:19 AM

I thought I read that it doesn't actually multitask, so much as lets you switch between apps - like switching-tasks!
    06-09-10 06:42 AM
    Just to be honest, the latest Android Phones AND the iPhone really does KICK Storm 2's ****! Pretty much in every way except PUSH email, lol.
    06-09-10 08:06 AM

iPhone 4 had me from the Giz leak. Such a nice looking phone. I just wish my contract on my Storm 2 was up
    06-09-10 08:24 AM
    iPhone 4 had me from the Giz leak. Such a nice looking phone. I just wish my contract on my Storm 2 was up
    yeah, "nice looking"...but it's on AT&T. do you want flash(not to be confused with Adobe's Flash), or do you want substance? perhaps you want those 18 million apps, 17 million of which are fart apps.
    06-09-10 08:46 AM
139 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD