does anyone know of a way to make the "end key" fully END the program that you are on?
    04-25-09 06:34 PM
    doesnt do it...however, the BACK key held down is the way to close a program completely
    04-25-09 06:35 PM
    is there an "app request" area where we can ask a developer to make an app like this in the forums?
    04-25-09 06:37 PM
    Most of the default apps that come on the phone can be closed that way, holding the Return/Back button down. However, not all 3rd party apps do this, they have to be closed by hitting the BB button and choosing Close.
    04-25-09 06:37 PM
    Most of the default apps that come on the phone can be closed that way, holding the Return/Back button down. However, not all 3rd party apps do this, they have to be closed by hitting the BB button and choosing Close.
    i have noticed that the performance of my storm is WAY BETTER by fully closing the apps... its just such a hassle....
    04-25-09 06:41 PM
    doesnt do it...however, the BACK key held down is the way to close a program completely
    No this does not fully close the application. You must select Menu>Close in order to fully close the application. Some applications always run in the background, but you can close most of them.
    04-25-09 06:54 PM
    No this does not fully close the application. You must select Menu>Close in order to fully close the application. Some applications always run in the background, but you can close most of them.
    Correct...
    04-25-09 07:07 PM
    incorrect

filler
    04-25-09 07:53 PM
    incorrect

filler
    I would sure like for you to explain what I'm wrong about.
    04-25-09 08:06 PM
    Lmao... CX is right Need to BB Button -> Close to fully close most programs. I think only 5 native programs run and can't keep closed.
    04-25-09 08:08 PM
    incorrect

filler
    C_X is pretty much spot on here. Some apps will simply exit by pressing the Escape key whilst other require you to press Menu, Close, Exit or Quit. Still others remain running in the background whilst others still, like AutoStandby are running but not visible.

You need to become familiar with each sinstalled app on your phone to know how to correctly leave each app so as to minimally impact the phone's running.
    04-25-09 08:08 PM
    Edit : nevermind, been answered.
    04-25-09 08:09 PM
    I would sure like for you to explain what I'm wrong about.
    you are most definitely NOT wrong
    04-25-09 08:51 PM
    i have noticed that the performance of my storm is WAY BETTER by fully closing the apps... its just such a hassle....
    I also notice this that while holding the return/back button closes some native apps while others (many 3rd party apps) can not. I agree that the performance is much better when actually doing BB>close.

My question is --> Does this mean even though when pressing return/close to close the program and it doesn't show running in the background (holding BB button to bring up the background apps), it's still somehow/somewhere still running in the background unknown to the user, and therefore, must fully close the app by doing BB>close?
    05-21-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD