I was able to upload a movie and a TV show to my Storm from my macbook by simply dragging and dropping. They are both .avi format and are very good quality. However, they seem to be in a Widescreen format because when I watch them on my Storm there are black bars above and below the video. Is there a way to make these videos full screen like the BabylonAD trailer that comes on the phone? Is it a setting on the phone I need to change or is it a format/size issue?
    12-07-08 02:19 PM
    I too would like to know. I am not sure you can do it without messing with the quality of the video. It may look stretched or crop out the edges. I uploaded Tropic Thunder and it is in widescreen. I also uploaded Seinfeld season 8 and it is full screen. Both look awesome!!!
    12-07-08 02:23 PM
    I Have A Macbook And Want To Know How To Add Movies To My Storm
    12-07-08 02:26 PM
    Just a quick question, where is everyone getting their movies/tv shows? Is there a site that allows you to purchase them, and at the same time they'll work with the storm? What has everyone found as far as where to get good quality videos that will work with our handheld mother natures.
    12-07-08 02:27 PM
    I also have a Macbook. If you do a search you will find a few threads that are very helpful. Those threads explain it better than I ever can.

-Graz
    12-07-08 02:27 PM
    IF you're using mac, do yourself a favor and download handbrake. BEST video encoder. You can adjust the crop to make it more compatible for the screen size.
    12-07-08 02:34 PM
    Handbrake does rule!
    12-07-08 02:35 PM
    Use handbrake and adjust the width to 480 and the height will adjust automatically. I've done several movies and it works great.

If you need to rip the DVD's to get them on your computer, I'm using DVDFab5 and it's working great.
    12-07-08 02:36 PM
    I have been using Aimersoft DVD Copy for Mac and it works well. they give you 10 usages in the trial and then it is $29.95. It is well worth $30 bucks.
    12-07-08 02:38 PM
    To put videos onto your Storm make sure the mass storeage mode is on and then drag and drop to your SD card. For downloading movies and TV shows I just download torrents and use a torrent downloader.
    12-07-08 02:40 PM
    Just a quick question, where is everyone getting their movies/tv shows? Is there a site that allows you to purchase them, and at the same time they'll work with the storm? What has everyone found as far as where to get good quality videos that will work with our handheld mother natures.
    I purchase from here...it was recommended by others on this site:

zml.com

I also get free from:

videos4blackberry.info (owner, Bla1ze, is an executive forums moderator here)

I just drag and drop to my storm.
    where can we get pre-uploaded videos for storm? any good advice, sites, etc? what are the settings one needs to input for handbrake? i am having a hard time understanding it. sorry for being such a newbie, just want some vids as good as babylonad on my storm
    where can we get pre-uploaded videos for storm? any good advice, sites, etc? what are the settings one needs to input for handbrake? i am having a hard time understanding it. sorry for being such a newbie, just want some vids as good as babylonad on my storm
    Don't apologize. Search. There are tons of threads for handbrake settings; there's even one with full pictures.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dvd...ctures-107961/
    12-07-08 02:43 PM
    ZENI, how much are downloads there, which version do you download, divx or ipod, and then do you change it around at all after downloading, or does it just look good on storm. thanks.
    12-07-08 02:44 PM
    What is the best format for videos on the Storm? Like which takes up the least amount of memory, which has the highest quality, etc. Currently most of my videos are .avi
    12-07-08 04:51 PM
    I havent had much luck with AVI's, but thats probably a good thing since MP4's take up less room anyways. And Bla1ze's site is great for a ton of tv shows in 3gp format.
    12-07-08 05:59 PM
    What is the best format for videos on the Storm? Like which takes up the least amount of memory, which has the highest quality, etc. Currently most of my videos are .avi
    avi is a container, and does not specify quality. you need to check how your avi is encoded (divx, xvid, etc).

"best" codec for the Storm is subjective. I like to use H.264 encoded mp4 files, as it offers good pq with a low bitrate. mpeg has very good pq but takes up a lot of space.

You can fine tune the bitrate for each of the codecs too; if space is a concern then lower your bitrate for encoding.
    12-07-08 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD