This program is not worth the $10. If you have to pay for something it should be user friendly and work well. I'm sticking with the storms 1/4 picture at least I know that works.
    01-31-09 10:50 AM
    I just redownload it I see why I deleated first time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 10:59 AM
    This program is not worth the $10. If you have to pay for something it should be user friendly and work well. I'm sticking with the storms 1/4 picture at least I know that works.
    picid is easy to use.

1 assign your global picID for known and unknown
    2 add any custom picture for each contact. that is it
    01-31-09 11:44 AM
    Heres my beef with it:

1. Whats with some pics being sideways?
    2. So it wont read the already assigned pic/ringtone for ones already inputted? (you have to do each one, one by one) Only because it took me a while to update over fifty contacts.

Asides from that, I really like the program. I just didnt keep it because of #2.
    01-31-09 05:46 PM
    picid is easy to use.

Maybe I'm not as experienced as everyone here but definitely not easy! I followed all the instructions and all the tips you've given here but its just not happening. The pic comes up fine and the number shows as well. The problem is the ringtone only plays for half a second then stops. All permissions are set to allow and compatibility mode is disabled. Also did a soft reset. Anymore ideas are welcome otherwise I'll join the long line of Crackberry peeps waiting for RIM to add this to the next OS.
    01-31-09 08:38 PM
    Heres my beef with it:

1. Whats with some pics being sideways?
    2. So it wont read the already assigned pic/ringtone for ones already inputted? (you have to do each one, one by one) Only because it took me a while to update over fifty contacts.

Asides from that, I really like the program. I just didnt keep it because of #2.
    when you do a look up in the contacts picID will get the picture from the contacts. when view it will resize to fit the screen and it will not look as good.
    02-01-09 09:19 AM
    Maybe I'm not as experienced as everyone here but definitely not easy! I followed all the instructions and all the tips you've given here but its just not happening. The pic comes up fine and the number shows as well. The problem is the ringtone only plays for half a second then stops. All permissions are set to allow and compatibility mode is disabled. Also did a soft reset. Anymore ideas are welcome otherwise I'll join the long line of Crackberry peeps waiting for RIM to add this to the next OS.
    i think there is a compatibility issue with the Storms and picID ringtones. the ringtones works on the pearl and curve devices.
    02-01-09 09:20 AM
    Ok so I persevered and finally got it to work! Go me! You have to use the no sound file, allow all permissions, disable compatibility and set you global picids first. Then do a soft reset BEFORE you put in any custom PicIDs. Once the battery pull is done then you can set the custom PicIDs. Man I feel I deserve to get this software free for all the time I've spent on this thing!
    02-02-09 12:10 AM
    Next Question for you Smiley is about using the picID profiler. If I would like to change the phone's profile (eg to put the phone on vibrate only) will changing it using the PicID Profiler accomplish that? Or do I have to change it using the sounds application as well? Thanks
    02-02-09 05:20 PM
    Full screen picture ID for the Storm.

Portrait and Landscape modes

Compatibility:

* 8700 Series
    * 8800 Series
    * Pearl 81xx
    * Curve
    * Storm 9500/9530 Requires OS 4.7.075

*May not be compatible with all devices.
    *Note: PictureID will not work if the BlackBerry is locked.

OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad

Is this compatable with OS .99?
    02-02-09 06:27 PM
    Is this compatable with OS .99?
    yes it is. we got reports that it works fine even the ringtone works but we have not upgradec to .99 or confirm it.
    02-02-09 06:48 PM
    i thank i have this paid for in dec. but never used heres what it shows in act. is this the same thing? Full Screen Caller PictureID (version 1.4)

I just redownload it I see why I deleated first time

Same here. I have no idea why I thought I wanted it past the trial version.
    02-02-09 07:04 PM
    Smiley, is there a way to get rid of the city and state on your ID?
    Thanks! Great app!
    02-03-09 05:31 PM
    picid is easy to use.

OK, forgot to assign the Global pic ID first. Can I do it after I have assigned some pics to other contacts?
    Thanks!
    02-03-09 05:36 PM
    Smiley, is there a way to get rid of the city and state on your ID?
    Thanks! Great app!
    goto the picID prefs and uncheck "use North America area code"

Yes you can edit the global picID anytime you want.
    02-03-09 07:05 PM
    1.5 Feb 4, 2009
    ---------------

- Better picture support. Aspect ratio is maintained for all the pictures. even on the Storm landscape mode

- Added new checkbox "Do not handle 2nd call" in the Prefs. this is for users who are having problems answering
    the 2nd call. If this is checked then PictureID will not handle the call.

- Fixed the minor bug with always search in contacts

- Better performance when always search in contacts is selected

- A different version is compiled for the Storm

Goto our site www.toysoft.ca/pictureid_bb.html to download the correct version.
    02-03-09 07:07 PM
    Will it ever support animated .gif as ID?
    They did with the Treo versions...

Is there an update option in the PictureID to update directly instead of having to delete and re-install the new version?
    Last edited by StorminTrojan; 02-03-09 at 08:04 PM.
    02-03-09 07:52 PM
    Will it ever support animated .gif as ID?
    They did with the Treo versions...

Is there an update option in the PictureID to update directly instead of having to delete and re-install the new version?
    animated gif and live video we probably wont add it. it is difficult already to hijack the phone app.

you can just install over the current version and it should reset after install.
    02-03-09 08:41 PM
    On the Storm it seems that it acts differently than say the Pearl with ringtones. if you hear both ringtones try copying the NOSound.mp3 to your sd card and then set that as your default so that the system wont play the ringtone.
    So... Your "solution" is to make it so we only hear incoming calls from people in our Contacts list? How about when I get a call from a hospital at 3am or someone finally gets a call back about that dream job? Should we be setting custom ringtones for every number that could possibly call us?

02-03-09 10:21 PM
    animated gif and live video we probably wont add it. it is difficult already to hijack the phone app.

you can just install over the current version and it should reset after install.
    I must admit that's a bit disappointing. The single biggest reason I bought PictureID was because I thought it supported animated .gif. I loved making animated gif picture IDs on my Treo. Oh well, it's still an awesome product. Hopefully you guys change your mind/figure out adding it later.
    And thanks for the tip!
    02-04-09 01:15 AM
    So... Your "solution" is to make it so we only hear incoming calls from people in our Contacts list? How about when I get a call from a hospital at 3am or someone finally gets a call back about that dream job? Should we be setting custom ringtones for every number that could possibly call us?

no. you set up a global known and unknown ringtone in the global picid screen. If you do not assign a ringtone for the caller then then global ringtone will be used.
    02-04-09 10:21 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD