Full screen picture ID for the Storm.

Portrait and Landscape modes

Compatibility:

* 8700 Series
    * 8800 Series
    * Pearl 81xx
    * Curve
    * Storm 9500/9530 Requires OS 4.7.075

*May not be compatible with all devices.
    *Note: PictureID will not work if the BlackBerry is locked.

OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad

01-19-09 05:15 PM
    love it, don't have time to play with it right now, called my self from office where I have my sign as a picture and is upside down, so I'll play with it a little,

Was disappointed when I saw the very small picture that shows up using BB OS.

Is a great app idea.
    looking forward to trying it out
    01-19-09 05:43 PM
    downloading now... is this a paid app?
    01-19-09 06:19 PM
    Ok this app has been posted so many times. Don't ge tme wrong it's nice but to pay just to have a full screen picture of your contact. Well that ain't me, I appreciate the applications however I refuse to pay for it.
    01-19-09 06:22 PM
    Well it is a beta so i would assume since we are playing guinea pigs it would be free...
    01-19-09 06:31 PM
    How many times is this gonna be posted? I already have it and only get half the screen to show on compatibility mode or not on compatability mode.
    01-19-09 07:52 PM
    How many times is this gonna be posted? I already have it and only get half the screen to show on compatibility mode or not on compatability mode.
    try the beta. it should fix the orientation.
    01-19-09 07:55 PM
    Thanks for the fix!
    01-19-09 08:02 PM
    sounds cool but i have a ? whats locked/unlocked do i want to do it and why
    01-19-09 08:27 PM
    try the beta. it should fix the orientation.
    Thank you. It works now.
    01-19-09 11:12 PM
    Kinda sucks that it wont work while its locked considering my phone automatically locks in the hoster
    01-20-09 12:43 AM
    Downloaded last night & added 2 contacts (1 being my office phone) just to test, set up different photos & ringtones for each contact.

Called my BB from my office, the ringtone played for approx 5 secs before the photo appeared, then the ringtone stopped, then ringtone started again but played the other one id set for the other contact.

I think the delay in photo could be because my photos are on my SD card rather than on device but no idea why it changed ringtone half way through

I can see a lot of improvements since i had picture ID on my Pearl a while ago so good the guys are constantly working on it.
    01-20-09 04:17 AM
    Kinda sucks that it wont work while its locked considering my phone automatically locks in the hoster
    This is not an application issue, all BlackBerries are set up like this. They won't allow apps to start up while locked. Same issue with the TalkLock and StormLock apps.
    01-20-09 04:27 AM
    Ok, I did download the app and disabled compatability mode but keyboard stills shows, you can't touch the screen to select items.
    Also, why can't apps be built for the Storm instead of modifying excisting apps that are out there to just "work" on the storm. Not worth the money.
    BUT.. if you were to write a specific app that is made for the storm and uses the storm contact list with the numbers and pic, with no addition entries, I would pay $20 for it! Putting a pic in 2 different places and managing it in 2 different places is a pain.
    01-20-09 09:53 AM
    But the scrolling in the options screen is a bit buggy - jumps all about - and makes it difficult to select anything (is this an app thing or a Storm issue?).
    This is an app thing. not even disabling compatibility mode fixes it right now with me too.
    01-20-09 09:55 AM
    Downloaded last night & added 2 contacts (1 being my office phone) just to test, set up different photos & ringtones for each contact.

Called my BB from my office, the ringtone played for approx 5 secs before the photo appeared, then the ringtone stopped, then ringtone started again but played the other one id set for the other contact.

I think the delay in photo could be because my photos are on my SD card rather than on device but no idea why it changed ringtone half way through

I can see a lot of improvements since i had picture ID on my Pearl a while ago so good the guys are constantly working on it.
    On the Storm it seems that it acts differently than say the Pearl with ringtones. if you hear both ringtones try copying the NOSound.mp3 to your sd card and then set that as your default so that the system wont play the ringtone.
    01-20-09 11:26 AM
    This is an app thing. not even disabling compatibility mode fixes it right now with me too.
    make sure permissions are set to ALL ALLOW
    disable Compatibility
    do a soft reset
    01-20-09 11:28 AM
    make sure permissions are set to ALL ALLOW
    disable Compatibility
    do a soft reset
    That worked! Thanks!

Also, some pics are showing incorrectly and some showing fine. Talking about alignment. Some are in landscape when it should be in normal view.
    01-20-09 12:44 PM
    If it doesn't work while the phone is locked, it's not worth my time.
    01-20-09 12:54 PM
    does this take the pictures that you have setup in Outlook or in your contacts already?

Or do you have to create a new contact through the program and assign it a specific picture?

The last program I tried was that way and I did not want to go back through 100+ contacts that I had pictures for and create all new contacts and find the pictures and assign them again.

Thanks for any info much appreciated
    01-20-09 01:02 PM
    That worked! Thanks!

Also, some pics are showing incorrectly and some showing fine. Talking about alignment. Some are in landscape when it should be in normal view.
    the way the pic is shown is depending on the orientation. if you have it in Portrait then the pic is 360x480 or landscape is 480x360. In landscape the pic should be centered.

can you post a screen shot if possible? thx
    01-20-09 01:44 PM
    does this take the pictures that you have setup in Outlook or in your contacts already?

Or do you have to create a new contact through the program and assign it a specific picture?

The last program I tried was that way and I did not want to go back through 100+ contacts that I had pictures for and create all new contacts and find the pictures and assign them again.

Thanks for any info much appreciated
    you need to select a new picture since the pic in the Contacts is not full screen and it wont look good.
    01-20-09 01:45 PM
    Need some help Smiley! I've download the PictureID app and installed it with the apploader but it doesn't appear on my home screen???? Also checked the application folder and its not there either. Don't know what I'm doing wrong here.
    01-30-09 07:57 PM
    i thank i have this paid for in dec. but never used heres what it shows in act. is this the same thing? Full Screen Caller PictureID (version 1.4)
    01-30-09 09:12 PM
    Never mind Smiley I got it!
    01-30-09 11:07 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD