I'm under a family plan with 5 lines and I was wondering if I wanna get the Storm would I have to pay full retail if I'm not the main line.. BTW I'm past due to get an upgrade... All help is appreciated..thanks
    10-16-08 08:25 AM
    I believe you can use your past due upgrade to get the phone cheaper.
    10-16-08 08:57 AM
    i know my friend is on a family plan with sprint and he can use a upgrade for his line
    10-16-08 10:19 AM
    I just had this conversation with Verizon CS dept yesterday. If we are talking about the NE2 (renew every 2 years) plan, and the "Family" plan is eligible only the PRIMARY line qualifies. Now if your Family plan qualifies for the VIP program (I believe a plan paying more than $79.99) there may be a small option.

It seems that the if the Primary line holder was willing to get use the NE2 for you and the Storm would be your best option. Then you could just put that phone on your line.

Given a "Hypothetical" price point of $250.00, with the NE2 $100 credit and the added MIR of $70 when the phone releases you would be looking at an $80 phone. Now keep in mind that if you do NOT currently have a BB device (or a device requiring a data plan) you would need to add that to your current (BB BIS $30 <I do believe>) as well if you wanted to take advantage of the Turn-by-Turn navigation with the VZ Nav thats an additional $10 a month.

Hope that helps. Any Verizon employees in here correct me if I am wrong please
    10-16-08 10:59 AM
    If my experience with my family plan is any indication, every line on the plan qualifies to upgrade at the 2-year contract price every 2 years. But the primary line is the only one that gets the extra discount from New Every 2.
    10-16-08 01:25 PM
    i wasn't asking about the every 2 deal for the primary line...My issue is if I buy the phone for one of 5 lines i have, which isn't the primary do I have to pay full retail, lets say $599 or would I pay $199 or w.e. the phone will cost.. The other part of my question is would I have to extend my contract???
    10-16-08 01:31 PM
    i wasn't asking about the every 2 deal for the primary line...My issue is if I buy the phone for one of 5 lines i have, which isn't the primary do I have to pay full retail, lets say $599 or would I pay $199 or w.e. the phone will cost.. The other part of my question is would I have to extend my contract???
    If the line you are trying to upgrade has served it's full 2 year contract then you will not have to pay retail. Only the new 2 year agreement price. So if the assumption of 199 was used that's what you would pay but you would be starting a brand new 2 year contract on that line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 01:37 PM
    My mom hasnt got a new phone, she IS NOT THE PRIMARY line in the family plan. is she eligible?
    10-16-08 05:31 PM
    My mom hasnt got a new phone, she IS NOT THE PRIMARY line in the family plan. is she eligible?
    If it has served it's two year term yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD