Lots of trouble getting correct keys. Anyone have any tips?

Never thought I would think the landscape keys were huge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 08:20 PM
    Practice, Practice, Practice
    06-02-09 08:27 PM
    ya wat alex said ^^^^^^ its ez once u get the hang of it
    06-02-09 08:31 PM
    sorry. the full qwerty in portrait isnt for everyone. sending out random text messages to everyone you know as often as you can might help. lol your friends might not like you anymore but at least youll be used to typing in portrait.
    06-02-09 08:33 PM
    I tried the portrait full qwerty, but I found that I'm at least 10x faster with SureType. Less thinking and work when typing.
    06-02-09 09:46 PM
    Lots of trouble getting correct keys. Anyone have any tips?

Never thought I would think the landscape keys were huge.

All I can say is practice or use the landscape mode.
    06-03-09 04:59 PM
    Use vlingo

06-03-09 05:12 PM
    The hotspots on the keys on all the storm keyboards are offset to the left and the right to make it easier for your whole thumb to hit them rather than trying to use the tips of your thumbs. Since your left thumb will press more on the left side of the keys youre trying to hit, and your right thumb on the right side.

the right side letters (hotspots) are shifted to the right, the left side shifted to the left

the split is directly down the middle (as one might assume) T G V represent the start of the left side split... and Y H B on the right

if you stop focussing on the hitting the letters exactly and let yourself find the sweet spots, it becomes dead easy. Always reminds me of morpheus sayin stop TRYING to hit me and HIT me!
    06-03-09 05:19 PM
    full keyboard in portrait ... I'd say the best tip I could think of would be to use it with both hands. I've always had problems with the left side of the keyboard and my right thumb ... and vice-versa. For 1 handed typing I would surely go with SureType.
    06-03-09 05:20 PM
    full keyboard in portrait ... I'd say the best tip I could think of would be to use it with both hands. I've always had problems with the left side of the keyboard and my right thumb ... and vice-versa. For 1 handed typing I would surely go with SureType.
    Agree completely. The Portrait QWERTY is NOT for one-handed use.
    06-03-09 07:49 PM
    The hotspots on the keys on all the storm keyboards are offset to the left and the right to make it easier for your whole thumb to hit them rather than trying to use the tips of your thumbs. Since your left thumb will press more on the left side of the keys youre trying to hit, and your right thumb on the right side.

the right side letters (hotspots) are shifted to the right, the left side shifted to the left

the split is directly down the middle (as one might assume) T G V represent the start of the left side split... and Y H B on the right

if you stop focussing on the hitting the letters exactly and let yourself find the sweet spots, it becomes dead easy. Always reminds me of morpheus sayin stop TRYING to hit me and HIT me!
    Interesting, I never really paid attention to that-maybe my typing speed will now improve!! Thanks for the tip!
    06-03-09 08:27 PM
    Tried full qwerty in portrait and definately thought it was very hard to press the right keys and found the auto correct or whatever its called not helping
    06-03-09 08:28 PM
    The best advice I could give is, once that keyboard pops up, hit the BB Menu button and select the "Enable Reduced Keyboard" option.

Sure it will give you an odd recommendation for what word it interprets for you, but the buttons are just so big, they're sexy!
    06-03-09 09:01 PM
    The best advice I could give is, once that keyboard pops up, hit the BB Menu button and select the "Enable Reduced Keyboard" option.

Sure it will give you an odd recommendation for what word it interprets for you, but the buttons are just so big, they're sexy!
    That is also referenced as suretype here.
    06-03-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD