11-12-10 10:44 PM
46 12
tools
    I pulled the trigger so to speak...I am now free from 4.7 and kickin' it with .230. The flash dealio works! What a relief...thank you for posting this thread and pushing me off the edge....no pun intended, not such a solid EDGE, but it's there 93% of the time which is good enough for me, but not good in the sense since that other 7% of the time even though it's edge I still don't see any data connection-which is what some people are getting.

Update: I have been running for about 14 hours and can say that this OS is staying here. I am holding EDGE still-a little slow at start-up at times. I have the following apps working:

*Score Mobile
    *QL
    *Poynt
    *Personal Assistant
    *GPS Tracker
    *File Scout-(removing soon since I cant access the system menu for some reason)
    *Doodle
    *Level
    *Whippoh
    *Black and White Pro v3 by Natemz-(I had Hedone's Future X theme earlier but it just wasn't as awesome as I thought it was)
    *Capture It
    *Blink
    *7digital Music Store
    *FB
    *BBM-4.7 though
    A few others I removed for more memory since for some reason I have less memory than the other OSes I used-even though I removed the same amount of stuff with shrink-a-os--??- I will list them in case you are wondering if they work with 5.0
    *App world-obviously
    *Edocrab
    *Evernote
    Battery life is strong along with the memory holding stronger than I ever had. I've been playing with my phone for about 5hours straight and started at 44mb and right now I have 43.2, usually; with all the apps I listed-minus app world- I was losing up to 10 mbs of memory in about 5 hours-at that was when I hardly touched my phone even!
    Flick scrolling is sweet and threaded sms is sweet also, I got rid of BBM 5.0 because of memory and battery drain so I have yet to try out the threaded sms within that app if it indeed exists (anyone try that yet?) From what I heard you can add people into bbm who don't even have a BB??
    Anyway, I wanted to post this for anyone still second guessing this move to 5.0- especially those of you-like myself-storming on T-mobile.
    Last edited by jcorv58; 10-18-09 at 04:14 PM.
    10-18-09 01:42 AM
    what you mean flash delio? does it fix no circuit?
    10-18-09 07:59 PM
    When I use the full I can't get VZ Navigator to work. When I use a hybrid it works fine. Anyone else use it?
    10-18-09 09:48 PM
    what you mean flash delio? does it fix no circuit?
    I meant the flash dealio for the missed call bug, I'm not sure about that no circuit deal-I never experienced that problem, sorry, I hope someone comes up with a fix, otherwise I'm sure there will be another and probably better 5.0 leak coming up soon...maybe official?
    10-20-09 01:29 AM
    Weird. I live in NY and been running 230 since it was leaked. The two part version. Everything was running great till last week. Went to del ray Florida and got the no circuit error message. Was highly pissed so I started deleting apps thinking for whatever reason one of them was causing glitch. I deleted bbm 5.0 and that caused a severe error after I rebooted. Could not access message folder to check messages. Once bbm is installed itmust have some control in the messaging part of OS. Anyways reinstalled bbm ota and mesaging worked again. Once I left del ray and arrived at Orlando , phone miraculusly started working and no more no circuit error. I'm back in ny and have not had it happen again. Hope this helps somehow ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 08:39 AM
    Weird. I live in NY and been running 230 since it was leaked. The two part version. Everything was running great till last week. Went to del ray Florida and got the no circuit error message. Was highly pissed so I started deleting apps thinking for whatever reason one of them was causing glitch. I deleted bbm 5.0 and that caused a severe error after I rebooted. Could not access message folder to check messages. Once bbm is installed itmust have some control in the messaging part of OS. Anyways reinstalled bbm ota and mesaging worked again. Once I left del ray and arrived at Orlando , phone miraculusly started working and no more no circuit error. I'm back in ny and have not had it happen again. Hope this helps somehow ...

Ive had the problem with the circuit error message driving to the other part of town. This happened once. Other than the minor half blank screens and unresponsive touch screen every once in a while .230 is a good os for the time being....besides the usb not being able to charge the phone.
    10-20-09 04:57 PM
    I get tired of going through page by page of threads and reading people talk smack at each other. So with out further adiuex here is my list of findings for the 5.0.0.230......

Missed Call/Call in progress still there.... after missed call have to press menu/Flash to make a call.
    (Whenever you miss a call .... the call stays onn screen ... press ignore then press menu.... scroll then it appears... click Flash and your good to go.)

NEWCequint City ID, a small and simple application that runs on many handsets and translates those arcane area codes into cities.

EDGE is continuous for T-mobile users. At times edge comes on but net access still available.

Pandora Works on T-mobile even on edge. but still pauses at end of each song but for only a few then works if your patient.

Camera/video camera Works

Flick is very Smooth

Craigslist Email Link click problem fixed

Poynt works fine

Appworld works fine (uninstalled apps appear as archives now.

Space highlight bug fix

Myspace works fine

Itookthisonmyphone works fine

Later Dude works fine

Facebook works fine

WIC Panic Button works fine

Opera Mini works
    ( Opera mini 5 beta works great, some people have stuck at front page issues, this happens when you use an installiation from a backup, ie. switching from .148 to .230. if this happens uninstall then reinstall and it will work great. Keep in mind it will only work with .230 in HTTP mode not socket!) thanks Cal-El

bolt works

Battery booster works

Quick Launch Works

Storm Slide works

Food Network app Works

Flight Path Works

Gmail plug-in works

Slacker works

Score mobile works

Youtube app works

Im updating this every 12 hours as more findings come in. If you have some please post i will see and add to this list.
    I have a bb strom unlocked and I am trying to get the service books for Tmobile. The crackberry util will not let me acces b/c it says some kind of password is needed and i just cant get in. I cant use bbm, mms and i dont have browser on my phone. help
    10-24-09 09:55 PM
    I have tmobile, and I keep getting the no channel, no circuits available error, ideas and or clues?
    10-26-09 06:34 PM
    I get tired of going through page by page of threads and reading people talk smack at each other. So with out further adiuex here is my list of findings for the 5.0.0.230......

Missed Call/Call in progress still there.... after missed call have to press menu/Flash to make a call.
    (Whenever you miss a call .... the call stays onn screen ... press ignore then press menu.... scroll then it appears... click Flash and your good to go.)

NEWCequint City ID, a small and simple application that runs on many handsets and translates those arcane area codes into cities.

EDGE is continuous for T-mobile users. At times edge comes on but net access still available.

Pandora Works on T-mobile even on edge. but still pauses at end of each song but for only a few then works if your patient.

Camera/video camera Works

Flick is very Smooth

Craigslist Email Link click problem fixed

Poynt works fine

Appworld works fine (uninstalled apps appear as archives now.

Space highlight bug fix

Myspace works fine

Itookthisonmyphone works fine

Later Dude works fine

Facebook works fine

WIC Panic Button works fine

Opera Mini works
    ( Opera mini 5 beta works great, some people have stuck at front page issues, this happens when you use an installiation from a backup, ie. switching from .148 to .230. if this happens uninstall then reinstall and it will work great. Keep in mind it will only work with .230 in HTTP mode not socket!) thanks Cal-El

bolt works

Battery booster works

Quick Launch Works

Storm Slide works

Food Network app Works

Flight Path Works

Gmail plug-in works

Slacker works

Score mobile works

Youtube app works

Im updating this every 12 hours as more findings come in. If you have some please post i will see and add to this list.

So the phone app has always worked fine for you?
    11-08-09 06:42 PM
    I updated to v5.0 also and my phone does everything except make and receive calls i keep getting no circuit/channel available
    11-09-09 10:45 AM
    From what my understanding is, the No Circuit/Channel Available differs from places. Well, suck for me I landed to one. Is there a fix for this already? Does someone from this group experienced this and got around to it? Please help us!
    11-11-09 07:55 AM
    hi...
    i'm trying to d/l os 5 for my 9500...
    i cut and pasted filefactory.com/file/a09dcbg/n/9500_omadrmAllLang_PBr5_0_0_rel355_PL4_2_0_61_A5_0 _0_230_exe
    but didn't seem to do anything...
    can someone help me please??
    11-11-09 06:13 PM
    I have a question i have unlocked BB storm and i downloaded the new software update for it from verizon i use it on tmobile and now my phone works but freezes up all the time i can i fix that or how do i down grade back to 4.7 please help
    11-16-09 08:12 PM
    does anyone have any pointers on how to get the phone calls to work? i would love to use my phone again.
    11-19-09 12:36 AM
    I need help i have a blackberry storm unlocked running on ATT. I sent the service books and actually updated the OS to V5.0 which i must say is a big improvment over the V4.7. But it keeps switching between EDGE and edge?
    01-10-10 10:09 PM
    Well I live here in la and I just came back from Vegas and for some reason I was not able to make a single call I'm currently on tmobile with my storm

01-17-10 09:31 PM
    i get tired of going through page by page of threads and reading people talk smack at each other. So with out further adiuex here is my list of findings for the 5.0.0.230......

missed call/call in progress still there.... After missed call have to press menu/flash to make a call.
    (whenever you miss a call .... The call stays onn screen ... Press ignore then press menu.... Scroll then it appears... Click flash and your good to go.)

newcequint city id, a small and simple application that runs on many handsets and translates those arcane area codes into cities.

edge is continuous for t-mobile users. At times edge comes on but net access still available.

pandora works on t-mobile even on edge. But still pauses at end of each song but for only a few then works if your patient.

camera/video camera works

flick is very smooth

craigslist email link click problem fixed

poynt works fine

appworld works fine (uninstalled apps appear as archives now.

space highlight bug fix

myspace works fine

itookthisonmyphone works fine

later dude works fine

facebook works fine

wic panic button works fine

opera mini works
    ( opera mini 5 beta works great, some people have stuck at front page issues, this happens when you use an installiation from a backup, ie. Switching from .148 to .230. If this happens uninstall then reinstall and it will work great. Keep in mind it will only work with .230 in http mode not socket!) thanks cal-el

bolt works

battery booster works

quick launch works

storm slide works

food network app works

flight path works

gmail plug-in works

slacker works

score mobile works

youtube app works

im updating this every 12 hours as more findings come in. If you have some please post i will see and add to this list.

do u know how to get the capital edge letters
    02-27-10 07:19 PM
    do u know how to get the capital edge letters
    upgrade to lyric 464 hybrid constant EDGE for tmobile
    03-02-10 01:03 PM
    im new at this can some show me where to get this os .230 and how to install it on my phone...still having trouble. i have tried everything in the forum and just cant get any apps to work.. the only thing working is the calls and text... nothing else and i do have a data plan with tmoblle...can someplease help and show me the steps to make my phone work like it should...please keep in mind im slow whenit comes to this kind of stuff...ask to be patient with me and no trash talking im getting frustruated with this...
    09-10-10 12:11 PM
    Why do you all use .230 can we use a higher OS? Or does it matter?
    10-01-10 07:43 PM
    Going to bump this as I plan on getting my brother-in-law hooked up with my Storm on his Tmobile account tomorrow. Anything I shouldn't be surprised not working from the OP's list?
    11-12-10 10:44 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD