I get tired of going through page by page of threads and reading people talk smack at each other. So with out further adiuex here is my list of findings for the 5.0.0.230......

Missed Call/Call in progress still there.... after missed call have to press menu/Flash to make a call.
    (Whenever you miss a call .... the call stays onn screen ... press ignore then press menu.... scroll then it appears... click Flash and your good to go.)

NEWCequint City ID, a small and simple application that runs on many handsets and translates those arcane area codes into cities.

EDGE is continuous for T-mobile users. At times edge comes on but net access still available.

Pandora Works on T-mobile even on edge. but still pauses at end of each song but for only a few then works if your patient.

Camera/video camera Works

Flick is very Smooth

Craigslist Email Link click problem fixed

Poynt works fine

Appworld works fine (uninstalled apps appear as archives now.

Space highlight bug fix

Myspace works fine

Itookthisonmyphone works fine

Later Dude works fine

Facebook works fine

WIC Panic Button works fine

Opera Mini works
    ( Opera mini 5 beta works great, some people have stuck at front page issues, this happens when you use an installiation from a backup, ie. switching from .148 to .230. if this happens uninstall then reinstall and it will work great. Keep in mind it will only work with .230 in HTTP mode not socket!) thanks Cal-El

bolt works

Battery booster works

Quick Launch Works

Storm Slide works

Food Network app Works

Flight Path Works

Gmail plug-in works

Slacker works

Score mobile works

Youtube app works

Im updating this every 12 hours as more findings come in. If you have some please post i will see and add to this list.
    Last edited by rolliesandoval1975; 09-29-09 at 01:46 PM.
    09-29-09 03:23 AM
    Is this for the full .230 or one of 2 hybrids that came out earlier? Im running AT&T I have been wiping and installing OS'es like crazy the last few days. Seems with my apn settings in it still fluctuates, just not as much. When I take the APN settings off, I get solid EDGE but no data is sent or recieved. Overall .230 is the best OS out there that I have used.
    09-29-09 08:24 AM
    This is the Full .230
    09-29-09 10:50 AM
    Very nice list you have here, thank you for putting the work into it! Opera mini 5 beta works great, some people have stuck at front page issues, this happens when you use an installiation from a backup, ie. switching from .148 to .230. if this happens uninstall then reinstall and it will work great. Keep in mind it will only work with .230 in HTTP mode not socket!
    09-29-09 11:39 AM
    Very nice list you have here, thank you for putting the work into it! Opera mini 5 beta works great, some people have stuck at front page issues, this happens when you use an installiation from a backup, ie. switching from .148 to .230. if this happens uninstall then reinstall and it will work great. Keep in mind it will only work with .230 in HTTP mode not socket!
    Thanks Cal-El
    09-29-09 12:29 PM
    Thanks Cal-El
    Your welcome, where do you find the option for flash after you have missed a call? I would love to not pull the battery everytime I miss a call lol!
    09-29-09 12:32 PM
    Your welcome, where do you find the option for flash after you have missed a call? I would love to not pull the battery everytime I miss a call lol!
    Whenever you miss a call .... the call stays onn screen ... press ignore then press menu.... scroll then it appears... click Flash and your good to go.
    09-29-09 12:38 PM
    Sweet, thank you, great find!
    09-29-09 12:44 PM
    I still cant get past the missed call and it saying that a call is still in progress... I guess only good thing is i dont get a lot of phone calls.. to miss..

Also another question??? Have you tried to use a theme you had previously uses on an older os verison but now it doesnt show up...???/
    10-01-09 02:18 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    It's great to know that some of you on T-Mobile is able to get the .230 OS working. However, i've no such luck. I've been trying to install, uninstall, install many time and everytime i get the same result ("No Service/Channel available") when trying to make a call. Everything seem to work great just not the phone calling and receiving feature itself...

Are you guy doing anything different from the normal wipe, install os to PC, delete vendor file, etc...

thanks
    Last edited by vln626; 10-01-09 at 02:49 PM.
    10-01-09 02:45 PM
    thanks for posting! very helpful.
    10-01-09 02:46 PM
    I haven't tried the "full" leak because I'm sure the results will just be the same old "no circuit/channel available" problem.
    10-01-09 05:07 PM
    I haven't tried the "full" leak because I'm sure the results will just be the same old "no circuit/channel available" problem.
    tried both with same problem, no circuit/...
    10-01-09 05:41 PM
    Whenever you miss a call .... the call stays onn screen ... press ignore then press menu.... scroll then it appears... click Flash and your good to go.
    I'd like to go along with Cal-El and THANK YOU for this thread.

I have been driving myself nuts with the incoming call glitch on .230. I've since downgraded to 4.7 because I didnt think there was a solution.

I don't know if you have researched this, but what if you clear the call and go back to the homescreen. Is there a way to "flash" the call then? Or is it too late?
    10-01-09 05:58 PM
    Im with vln626 tried loading this a few diff times to just get the no circut when trying to call. everything else is working fine but can make or recieve calls. But get voice mail prompts. would love to use .230 if someone knows how to get past this issue thanks
    10-01-09 06:39 PM
    Im with vln626 tried loading this a few diff times to just get the no circut when trying to call. everything else is working fine but can make or recieve calls. But get voice mail prompts. would love to use .230 if someone knows how to get past this issue thanks
    I have just loaded the .238/.230 hybrid and current able to make call. But the EDGE connect fade in and out just like how it is if you were on the full .230 . However, the hybrid seem to be much slower when on edge then the full .230 was when drop to edge.

I'm testing so apps right now and see how this hybrid does. Working apps so far
    1) Poynt
    2) WeatherBug but not animations
    3) Pandora couldnt connect the first few times but did after all.

I will update along the way.
    Last edited by vln626; 10-01-09 at 07:01 PM.
    10-01-09 06:54 PM
    On .230 i hold EDGE with no issues and everything works great besides the calling and recieving calls.
    10-01-09 07:15 PM
    On .230 i hold EDGE with no issues and everything works great besides the calling and recieving calls.
    the .238/.230 hybrid allow you to make and receive calls with all the features of the .230 . just the connect is a little slow. just can my internet browser from blackberry to IE. let see how it goes.
    10-01-09 07:25 PM
    whats the link to that hybrid
    10-01-09 07:27 PM
    So, I guess I am gonna Live with the missed call thing... A rep with RIM that I spoke with said that No carrier has approved 5.0 and that they were trying to release it this last summer but have not worked out all the bugs... I am guessin that is one of them... I think i will live with the missed call issue for now, since i do not really talk on the phone anyway... But I do have to say that I had to reinstall facebook and blackberry app world even though it said they were installed with update...
    I can also say i am tired of installing different OS.. another reason i am just living with the issue with missed calls..LOL
    10-01-09 10:22 PM
    I would also like to say thanks for this thread. I'm also on T-Mobile and I did a full .230 upgrade two days ago... Awesome by the way... and also have encountered "Call In Progress" issue, which is so far the only issue. That's why I'm here now ! I hope this gets fixed soon. I just hope the instructions posted works when I face this issue again instead of doing a battery pull.
    10-17-09 06:41 PM
    Hey all I currently have the 9530 w/ the hybrid 238/287 so far it works fine. i loaded it up today only had 1 issue w/ the "call in progress" did a battery pull now everything works great. on the other hand my wifes 9530 w/ the full .230 has had sum problems when it was first upgraded to the .230 so then i wiped and did the full install now it wrks great...
    10-17-09 08:07 PM
    I get tired of going through page by page of threads and reading people talk smack at each other. So with out further adiuex here is my list of findings for the 5.0.0.230......

Missed Call/Call in progress still there.... after missed call have to press menu/Flash to make a call
    (Whenever you miss a call .... the call stays onn screen ... press ignore then press menu.... scroll then it appears... click Flash and your good to go.)
    Doesn't Flash just move it to the other line, like when you are on a call and another one comes in-you press flash to answer it and then flash again to go back, what does flash do here to fix that?? Just curious and wanting anyone else's confirmation that this indeed works.
    10-17-09 08:16 PM
    Can anyone let me in on now to get my bbm and google talk to work. I have installed and uninstalled this OS and can't get bbm .33 to work at all. Any help would be great with this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 09:50 PM
    that no circuit is the only reason i dont have .230 loaded again....everything else was awesome tho....
    10-17-09 10:24 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD