my Storm is just really, really slow. especially when i unlock it to check a sms message, the little "ticker" thing in the center of the phone, just goes round and round before the phone unlocks. and then i tap the sms icon and again the little ticker pops up and takes a while. it also happens quite a bit when i turn the phone from sideways to upright and vice versa. it's getting annoying. any tips or advice?
    thanks.
    02-22-09 01:01 PM
    I found that having memory cleaner enabled really slowed down the lock/unlock process. Once I turned off memory cleaner presto nice and smooth process!
    02-22-09 01:21 PM
    what OS are you running? If your comfortable upgrading to a beta OS you should. Its faster. Also keep your memory cleared and make sure to fully close the programs; don't keep them running in the background
    02-22-09 01:27 PM
    its called cleaning out your storm and not over flowing it with stupid *** apps songs pictures and files that you dont need etc. thats why your storm is so slow and thats why your an *****.
    02-22-09 01:28 PM
    What software version are you using? I have found .103 to be the best/most reliable. Shut down apps not being used as well, especially GPS apps.
    02-22-09 01:28 PM
    what OS are you running? If your comfortable upgrading to a beta OS you should. Its faster. Also keep your memory cleared and make sure to fully close the programs; don't keep them running in the background
    I don't think betas are that much faster. I tried .103 twice and if anything with all the clock spins I think it may even be a bit slow. I believe the key is to keep your application memory past 25mb. I recommend Quick Pull. And if you search around you will find other tips other then changing to a beta.
    02-22-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD