Doesnt know how to do it. He got the storm the same day I got it (Dec 4th) and he disconnected early from AT&T. He now does not want the storm and wants to go back to AT&T... Can he just return the phone to the store and have them reactivate AT&T or does he have to do it some other way?

Thanks
    12-10-08 07:27 PM
    Doesnt know how to do it. He got the storm the same day I got it (Dec 4th) and he disconnected early from AT&T. He now does not want the storm and wants to go back to AT&T... Can he just return the phone to the store and have them reactivate AT&T or does he have to do it some other way?

Thanks
    Maybe your friend should check. If he returns the Storm to the VZW store he purchased it at, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the VZW store will not assist him in reactivating service with AT&T. Were you serious?
    12-10-08 07:33 PM
    Maybe your friend should check. If he returns the Storm to the VZW store he purchased it at, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the VZW store will not assist him in reactivating service with AT&T. Were you serious?
    He probably got it from best Buy. Were YOU serious?

Yes I imagine AT&T will be happy to have him back and will refund the early termination fee since its only been a week.
    12-10-08 07:35 PM
    He probably got it from best Buy. Were YOU serious?

Yes I imagine AT&T will be happy to have him back and will refund the early termination fee since its only been a week.
    His question was would the VZW store reactivate his service. He didn't specify Best Buy. I also shouldn't have replied at all, as this thread was about as worthless as boobs on a bull.
    12-10-08 07:40 PM
    Im sorry, I should have been more clear. He wants to go back to AT&T. Will verizon accept his phone back as a return, and then can he get a hold of AT&T to reactivate his account?

Thanks.
    12-10-08 07:42 PM
    His question was would the VZW store reactivate his service. He didn't specify Best Buy. I also shouldn't have replied at all, as this thread was about as worthless as boobs on a bull.
    Are you reading the same thread tough guy? Cause i believe you just completely made that whole VZW store thing up...

And hes asking a legitimate question. Not worthless.
    12-10-08 07:43 PM
    VZW a 30 day 'test drive' period... he if returns the phone within 30 days he gets the money back for the phone, and doesn't have to pay a dime for the calls he made... haven't you ever been on hold with VZW before? lol... (just playing, but they tell me that whenever I'm on hold..)
    12-10-08 07:44 PM
    Im sorry, I should have been more clear. He wants to go back to AT&T. Will verizon accept his phone back as a return, and then can he get a hold of AT&T to reactivate his account?

Thanks.
    Yes you should be fine.
    12-10-08 07:47 PM
    Since it seems people are too busy arguing to answer this poor guys question, I'll give it a shot.

Yes, your friend can return his phone and close his account with Verizon at the Verizon Wireless store. Once this is done he must then go to an AT&T store to open a new account with them.

HOW EVER, if your friend wants to retain (i.e. keep) his number, then he must go to the AT&T store FIRST then ask that they port his number and activate service with them. After this he can then go to the Verizon store to return the phone he purchased.

Just make sure he keeps ALL of his receipts so if something gets messed up then he can dispute it with the carrier (Verizon or AT&T).

AF
    12-10-08 07:48 PM
    verizon will not help you get back n ATT
    12-10-08 07:50 PM
    Since it seems people are too busy arguing to answer this poor guys question, I'll give it a shot.

Yes, your friend can return his phone and close his account with Verizon at the Verizon Wireless store. Once this is done he must then go to an AT&T store to open a new account with them.

HOW EVER, if your friend wants to retain (i.e. keep) his number, then he must go to the AT&T store FIRST then ask that they port his number and activate service with them. After this he can then go to the Verizon store to return the phone he purchased.

Just make sure he keeps ALL of his receipts so if something gets messed up then he can dispute it with the carrier (Verizon or AT&T).

AF
    Bingo . . .ALso, he will have to pay a 35 restock fee to return the phone.
    12-10-08 07:53 PM
    Thanks for the help
    12-10-08 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD