I have an 8320 but he's letting me try his for a week to see if I wanna buy from him.

It took me so long to learn the 8320, and i'm sure i'll go back - but anyway where do I start?!

I turned it on and played with it, and it's very very slow.

I guess my ?'s are:

Can I use the same DM for both phones?

Do I have to call t-mobile and tell them what i'm going to do? I already have unlimited plan (calls texts internet etc)

Man, i'm nervous - please lead the way; slowly! (read some posts but i need step by step stuff)

the other forum that is locked, well i tried that and got stuck on step 2 which was dling the crackutil for vista - i go to properties but don't see the other buttons this man says are supposed to be on my comp!

I'm pretty darn computer savvy as well! Just intimidated by BB!

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you!~
    05-18-09 10:50 PM
    Ha! See I knew he missed something (re: crackutil) he didn't say I had to extract zip folder before running as admin; doh! lol
    05-18-09 10:51 PM
    If the phone is slow, it's most likely because he's on the .75 OS. Many of us with the Storm have upgraded to newer, leaked OS' which seem to fix the slowness of the Storm.

You can use the same version of DM, but it has to be 4.7. 4.7 and higher are the only versions that support all models and the Storm.

You do not need to call T-Mobile and tell them. They probably wouldn't care seeing as how they're fine with users using iPhone's on their network, but calling is not necessary.
    05-18-09 10:55 PM
    any tips on where to start? device switcher or something? thanks!
    05-18-09 11:01 PM
    any tips on where to start? device switcher or something? thanks!
    Well, what are you looking to get done? Also, has he done the full carrier unlock for T-Mobile? Without that, you can't use MMS, Browser, Email, etc. That is also something you can do, and can be found here.
    05-18-09 11:03 PM
    I'll give you a visual:

I have a phone in each hand, left storm, right 8320. i haven't done anything to my 8320

i haven't done anything to my storm

what do i do and where do i start? i am talking the very beginning, dinosaurs beginning lol.
    05-18-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD