I took the plunge yesterday and put .103 on my phone. I upgraded from .76 and I was amazed at how fast it was. But I'm having a lot of trouble with freezing when I use BBM. Is this a very common problem or is this something that happens to only some of us? I had to do 7 battery pulls from 1 till 10 last night.

I use BBM a lot and was wondering if this problem was there in .99? Or should I just go back to .76 till a new OS comes out

Thank you in advance for your help.
    02-19-09 07:49 AM
    My advice is go back and wait. I do not see enough difference to justify going to .103, it's very buggy typical of any beta release. People talk about how fast it is, it isn't.

Your phone will work well if you make sure you have enough memory for applications. Take a look here, this seems to help my phone. The OP mentions keep it over 20mb, I say keep it around 25 to 30mb. It will improve browsing and make your Storm run smoother over all. Forget about all these leaks, wait for the real deal.
    02-19-09 09:13 AM
    I don't use BBM so I can't help with your question but I gotta say .103 is not "very buggy". I have not had any problems with it, I keep saying it is not the OS but the combination of software and settings people are using that make certain OS's run into problems. For example the other day I installed a theme someone had made and my Storm started having extreme lags and some freezes, uninstalled the theme and everything was ok again. There are just way too many people using .103 without problems to be able to just blame the OS everytime something goes wrong.
    02-19-09 10:45 AM
    Ive had every OS on my phone and .103 is the first one Ive had issues with. I get the hour glass/black clock thing every hour or so.
    I usually don't notice it until about 4-8 hours after loading it on my phone. I've tried to figure ot if it relates to a certain 3rd party app, but no luck yet...Have you tried puting the .106 parts into .103?
    That worked for me...
    02-19-09 11:01 AM
    I don't use BBM so I can't help with your question but I gotta say .103 is not "very buggy". I have not had any problems with it, I keep saying it is not the OS but the combination of software and settings people are using that make certain OS's run into problems. For example the other day I installed a theme someone had made and my Storm started having extreme lags and some freezes, uninstalled the theme and everything was ok again. There are just way too many people using .103 without problems to be able to just blame the OS everytime something goes wrong.
    I am having the same pleasant experience with .103. I've got a decent handful of third party apps (Slacker, Flycast, VyMail, AP News, Google Maps, Bolt, YouTube, Poynt) and I have not had a single issue. I am on a BES with heavy corporate e-mail, and have three other private e-mail accounts configured as well. I haven't had a single involuntary restart since installing .103 an hour after it was leaked. Perhaps my case is an anomaly, but I have just not experienced the raft of issues I see floating around in here.
    02-19-09 11:30 AM
    Yes I have experienced freezing with every BETA O/S with BBM especially when my screen is locked. Can't wait for the official O/S which hopefully will not have this issue!
    02-19-09 01:01 PM
    Thanks everyone. The OS is awesome, the only issue I'm having is with the freezing specifically with BBM. DD214, I would try mixing and matching parts but it was a stretch for me to put .103 on at all and I don't think I'm confortable with anything more complicated.

Perhaps we'll see a new leak soon and it will be a non issue, (fingers crossed).

Thanks again.
    02-19-09 01:04 PM
    Freezing in BBM is my major gripe with 103 too. I was just coming here to see if one of the hybrids solves this. In order to prevent freezing I have to close BBM between receiving messages and it's annoying as **** to have to reopen it every time.
    02-19-09 04:29 PM
    Tell me about it, guess I'll go back to .76 and wait.
    02-19-09 07:49 PM
    Tell me about it, guess I'll go back to .76 and wait.
    One thing I noticed is BBM only seems to lock while I'm in landscape mode, If I use in portrait its fine. Problem is when it goes in a pocket or on a desk, doesn't always stay in portrait. I only BBM one person, so they will email for now but it is annoying. Not enough for me to go back to .76 though.
    02-19-09 08:01 PM
    One thing I noticed is BBM only seems to lock while I'm in landscape mode, If I use in portrait its fine. Problem is when it goes in a pocket or on a desk, doesn't always stay in portrait.
    Yep, this seems to be the case for me too.
    02-19-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD