Has anyone had any success with FreeRange on their Storm. I read on their site that there are issues with VZW but wanted to see if there was a work around. When I install the reader on my device all I have is the signup option and cannot select existing user option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or if anyone knows of another decent reader that is not a memory hog like Viigo.

Thanks in advance!
    05-26-09 05:29 AM
    i dont think free range works on the storm but wallstreetjournal has an integrated free range reader in their app and it works great
    05-26-09 09:46 AM
    FreeRange and Storm don't play well together.
    05-26-09 01:04 PM
    i dont think free range works on the storm but wallstreetjournal has an integrated free range reader in their app and it works great
    How does the app do on battery and memory? Can you add any feed from any site? How is the UI?
    05-26-09 03:00 PM
    How does the app do on battery and memory? Can you add any feed from any site? How is the UI?
    it doesnt eat your memory and its very light app too and yes u can add all your fav feeds

i used to use viigo and it used 6mb of memory and killed my mem , now i use wsj and i barely feel it. its very easy to navigate , just install it and then take all the tab udont need and leave the feed tab , go to configure tab and start adding ur feeds, u can also add from search like type crackberry and it will show u all the feeds that u can add

WSJ.com
    05-26-09 04:02 PM
    it doesnt eat your memory and its very light app too and yes u can add all your fav feeds

i used to use viigo and it used 6mb of memory and killed my mem , now i use wsj and i barely feel it. its very easy to navigate , just install it and then take all the tab udont need and leave the feed tab , go to configure tab and start adding ur feeds, u can also add from search like type crackberry and it will show u all the feeds that u can add

WSJ.com
    Thanks for your help. I deleted Viigo this morning to test out memory and it has been very stable, so I think i will give WSJ a shot
    05-26-09 04:08 PM
    also it updates way way faster then viigo and it doesnt cripple your phone or freeze it for some time
    05-26-09 04:38 PM
    i haven't used wsj but i will try it. i have been a huge proponent of viigo since it came out but i finally got sick of it eating my memory and also the fact that the app alone takes like 1.5 MB of mem. i mean, viigo has tons of cool features but i really only used the rss feeds so the rest was just wasted space and power.

i accidently happened upon the forbes reader and i entered all my feed links in there and that's what i've been using. sounds like that's what wsj is like.
    05-26-09 04:46 PM
    question about the wsj reader. can you view the feeds channel-by-channel or do they just show up as one long list of articles? that's my one beef with the forbes reader, that they are all loaded into one list and i can't pick and choose one feed at a time.

thanks
    05-26-09 04:50 PM
    question about the wsj reader. can you view the feeds channel-by-channel or do they just show up as one long list of articles? that's my one beef with the forbes reader, that they are all loaded into one list and i can't pick and choose one feed at a time.

thanks
    they dont show up by channels but u can set them up by time
    now and 12 hours and 24 hours

what is the link to the forbes reader so i can try it on my storm
    05-26-09 04:53 PM
    i got the forbes reader from the app world, under news & weather.

but as an fyi, i just downloaded the wsj reader and it's the exact same thing as forbes. same tabs, same choices, etc. i guess the content itself is different (ie, wsj articles vs forbes articles) but the layout and the names of the tabs are exactly the same.

i love the wsj but i no longer subscribe and i saw on the download page the the wsj subscriber content will only be available to non-subscribers for a limited time. for that reason i think i'll stick with forbes. that and i already went thru the headache of adding my 20 feeds.....

Edit - ok the tabs aren't EXACTLY the same but they are basically the same. HOME instead of the first NEWS tab. basically the same.
    Last edited by uncleman; 05-26-09 at 05:03 PM.
    05-26-09 04:56 PM
    Just setup the wsj reader and not having each channel separated does kinda suck, but im gonna give it a day and see how I like it.
    05-26-09 05:08 PM
    i have tried forbes rss reader and even its a little bit faster with rss updates then wsj it eats the memory like a hungry dog and the wsj finds more rss feeds then the forbes one so i delete it and kept wsj, any other rss reader likw wsj and forbes out there?????
    05-27-09 11:27 PM
    oh and by the way wsj is the only rss feeder that was able to fin N4G.com : All the latest game news and add it to the feeds
    05-27-09 11:29 PM
    So I tried WSJ reader and the UI was just killing me. Maybe its that Im so used to Viigo and have really like it, minus the fact that its a memory hog, Im hoping that another reader comes out to give Viigo a run for their money and not eat all my memory
    05-27-09 11:37 PM
    i have found abother reader in the app world that works like forbes but doesnt eat the memory. the ny knicks mobile reader. very fast rss reader and finds all feeds and updates fast too. the only down side is that u cant delete the knicks realted tabs which are 2
    05-28-09 12:03 AM
    i have found abother reader in the app world that works like forbes but doesnt eat the memory. the ny knicks mobile reader. very fast rss reader and finds all feeds and updates fast too. the only down side is that u cant delete the knicks realted tabs which are 2
    Thats interesting! It would be cool if the developer branded it for all sports teams! Gonna check it out!
    05-28-09 12:07 AM
    another reader founbd called rsic rss reader in the app world that you might like , not free but there is a trial and the feeds are grouped, but my personal opinion is that i didnt like it but u can try it out for 15 days andd see if u like it
    05-28-09 12:16 AM
    Crap! I totally forgot that I deleted AppWorld from my device. RIM really needs to create a web based site if they really are trying/want to compete with Apple. IMO everything you can get on AppWorld is in the store here
    05-28-09 12:23 AM
    So Its been 2 whole days without Viigo and I must say I do miss it. Debating on going back and hope that the next update the Viigo team will make some changes to help memory issues. With that said, I am going to go and email them now.
    05-29-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD