This is the small one. I got it today and I think once I get used to it I will find it easier to type on than the Storm's screen.

However, I have a problem. When I'm using the Freedom keypad there is no interaction with the phone directly and my screen dims just as if I'm not using the phone. I'm wondering if there's a way to keep the display on while I'm typing away on the Freedom? I didn't see anything about that in the destructions, but I have yet to contact Freedom to ask. THought I'd check here first! Thanks!
    03-09-09 10:17 PM
    If you open the Clock and put it into bedside mode, you can then switch to your desired app and the screen will not shut down.
    03-10-09 09:30 AM
    If you open the Clock and put it into bedside mode, you can then switch to your desired app and the screen will not shut down.
    Seems kind of weird that there's no other way to put the phone into bedside mode.

Also, you could always just change your screen/keyboard options to two minutes and make sure to touch the screen at regular intervals... not a very elegan solution, but just putting it out there.
    03-10-09 11:03 AM
    How did you use that keyboard i have a apple bluetooth keyboard and it doesn't

connect. What profile does that keyboard use?
    I had to download a specific driver from Freedom to drive the keypad. I would imagine you would need a special driver too and I don't think Apple is going to supply you with one...sorry!

Didn't think of that...duh! Thanks, I'll give that a try!
    03-10-09 06:59 PM
    Hi,

Im the technical manager for Freedom.

Glad you like the keypad. The screen dimming is an annoyance that we are aware of. We are looking at the best way to work around this and we will be releasing an update to the drivers which will keep the backlight on while the keypad is connecting.

With regards to the Apple keyboard, If its the flat metal one with white keys and shiny white backing then it will not work with BlackBerry's as it is a HID only keyboard. BlackBerry's will only work with SPP keyboards and then you need drivers for it (which I think we are one of the few, if not the only, keyboard manufacture that is actively developing keyboard drivers for mobile platforms).
    03-26-09 06:23 AM
    Hi,

The screen dimming is an annoyance that we are aware of. We are looking at the best way to work around this and we will be releasing an update to the drivers which will keep the backlight on while the keypad is connecting.
    Good to know you guys are working on it. A friend of mine has the keyboard and loves it, I'm gonna be ordering one soon.
    03-26-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD