Just wondering if anyone has tried using the external keyboard with the Storm? If so, is it worth it?
    02-04-09 12:54 PM
    dont do it to yourself
    02-04-09 01:15 PM
    it looks very interesting and im seriously looking into it for when im working at my desk because i would be so much faster with a normal keyboard
    02-04-09 07:44 PM
    No support from developer for storn as of 2/5/09.
    02-06-09 09:06 AM
    That's the only reason I was thinking of getting one! Has to be much quicker when sitting at your desk!
    02-06-09 09:33 AM
    I am interested as well. Would be cool to take notes with without having to drag around my laptop.
    02-06-09 10:25 AM
    I was just hoping there was someone out there who had tried it! Just want an opinion on it, good, bad or indifferent!
    02-06-09 11:06 AM
    I used a Nokia keyboard with the N95 and it really was an eye opener. Because it has HID I thought it would work with the Storm, but once it pairs, the relationship ends.

If anyone from RIM is reading: any chance of a universal HID profile please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 02:25 PM
    Well, I bought the Slim Keypad a couple of days ago. So far I think it's a piece of crap! First of all it does NOT auto connect. I am using a Blackberry 8220 phone. If you try to type on it, say for an email, it will just stop responding. Then several seconds later it will suddenly start again. Also, sometimes when you hit the function key whatever letter you are trying to type just repeats.............over and over again. It seems to loose connection or something. Not sure. I'm finding it useless. Very disappointed. Anyone else get this thing to work?
    02-08-09 11:44 AM
    Well, I take back what I said about the keyboard. Seems to be working now. It appears that maybe I had it too close to the phone before. I guess it doesn't like that. I moved the phone further away and now it works. Hopefully it will continue to. I want it to work. It's so small I can carry it anywhere. I'll post more if it craps out. I say, "Go ahead and buy one if you want it."
    02-10-09 01:39 PM
    Does anyone know who to do this? On the Keypad descriptions everywhere it says you can change the color. I can't find how to do this.
    02-10-09 03:50 PM
    I like the concept of a full keyboard for when i need to type in a nonmobile setting, but I can't accept a $100 price point.

$50 would be the max I'd pay for this
    02-11-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD