Hi, I am all new to Crackberry and BB also...
    I just came back from Shenzhen, China where i bought an unlocked Storm 9500 (vodaphone flavoured) at an incredible price. It looks to work fine being used a basic mobile phone( voice, sms, calendar....). Now that I am back to my place where blackerry services have just been released by local operator, I would like to subscribe and use it. But first, I wanted to know if i could configure a gmail account, browse internet without subscribing to a service plan? My SIM card allows me already to access EDGE services and I used to browse and access internet with that SIM card with my Iphone 3G.
    I checked the user manual and it says i can setup a gmail acount through the SETUP--->Email SETUP----->Personnal Account... But there's no such option in my device.

Is it possible to access internet or configure gmail account without subscribing to BB service plan with my operator?

Thx
    03-24-09 10:07 AM
    In order to do the setup > email setup way, you'd have to have a service plan because that is using BIS.
    03-24-09 11:33 AM
    You wouldn't even want to do this. You'd get raped with service fees every time you got an email.
    03-24-09 11:35 AM
    thx for your help. Will be going to subscribe for the service plan as suggested.
    03-25-09 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD