Hydroz, I was going to put this down (at least for now) when you originally suggested it in post #19. Then someone directly questioned me and I responded.
    He never questioned you. Read it again

As far as how you "feel" about what you pay for and what you are getting, that is very nice. In fact, it gives me the warm fuzzies.
    Congratulations, now I can move on with my day

I would recommend that the next time you get stopped for speeding you tell the cop that you "feel" you don't deserve a ticket. (BTW, not comparing speeding directly to tether
    Really? Thats exactly what you did

Until then, I "feel" that you need to get in touch with reality.
    How do you figure? You are the one on the internet trying to enforce someone else's TOS. Do you have any idea how stupid that makes you look? Verizon doesn't care and when they do I'm sure they will manage to enforce it themselves...So stop! Same goes for CB, Tether and CB servers that you seem so worried about I'm sure they will all manage just fine without you. If it was illegal they would have went after tether by now. Nuff said!

You probably have never made a late payment, took a image of the internet, installed a leaked OS, and so many others either, right? If you think that you have never violated any TOS, you are not fooling anyone and you my friend are full of ****e!
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 02-26-11 at 06:42 PM.
    02-26-11 06:40 PM
    I am certain that I have violated a TOS at least a time or two. But I was under no illusion as to what was going on. I didn't lie to myself about it and suggest others try it too while not informing them that it was actually theft. I could care less what anyone else does, but everyone has the right to know the details. Lots of people on a very popular forum suggesting something to someone who doesn't know any better can make it seem like it is the right thing to do. It is pretty clear that in regards to this topic that syndrome is rampant here.

Additionally, if I was actually enforcing the TOS I would be calling Verizon and making a big deal about it. I am not and don't intend on doing that. What I do intend on doing is continuing to make sure that anyone who asks about tether gets information regarding its use. On many carriers there is no issue, but Verizon...

So until the next thread when you can chime in again and tell me I'm an ***** for posting facts while you post all about your feelings, I bid you adieu.

/subscribe
    02-26-11 06:53 PM
    He never questioned you. Read it again

Congratulations, now I can move on with my day

Really? Thats exactly what you did

How do you figure? You are the one on the internet trying to enforce someone else's TOS. Do you have any idea how stupid that makes you look? Verizon doesn't care and when they do I'm sure they will manage to enforce it themselves...So stop! Same goes for CB, Tether and CB servers that you seem so worried about I'm sure they will all manage just fine without you. If it was illegal they would have went after tether by now. Nuff said!

You probably have never made a late payment, took a image of the internet, installed a leaked OS, and so many others either, right? If you think that you have never violated any TOS, you are not fooling anyone and you my friend are full of ****e!
    I know I'm not perfect but this is clear to tether your PHone requires a mobile broadband connect. Whether you choose to purchase it is up to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 10:40 PM
    Just because your neighbors house is unlocked doesn't give you the right to enter it.
    That would be trespassing or breaking and entering, not stealing. Now if I took something, that is different. Buy a dictionary.

I am not calling it right, but it is not stealing. I also said you bear the consequences based on the TOS. I never said the service provider does not have a right to enforce their rules. I just think the stealing thing is a highly emotional, out of bounds argument.

I would say over the top emotional!
    02-27-11 10:50 AM
    That would be trespassing or breaking and entering, not stealing. Now if I took something, that is different. Buy a dictionary.

I am not calling it right, but it is not stealing. I also said you bear the consequences based on the TOS. I never said the service provider does not have a right to enforce their rules. I just think the stealing thing is a highly emotional, out of bounds argument.

I would say over the top emotional!
    I agree over the top. But if your taking something you are not entitled to take, it sounds like stealing to me. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck...
    02-28-11 03:34 PM
    Used Tether for years.
    Never got a bill.
    Best $25 I ever spent on my BB.
    My daughter now has the phone and yes, she uses Tether.
    02-28-11 04:10 PM
    Here's another idea: Right now, through March 4th, Crackberry is selling SOTI Pocket Controller for half off. I bought it yesterday and it works just like its Windows Mobile cousin. After you install it on both your laptop and your BB, just connect your BB to your laptop. Your BB appears on screen and you can use your mouse and keyboard on your BB for everything - answer calls, email, BBM, surf the web, you name it, etc. It's cheaper than Tether and it uses your data plan without violating Verizon's TOS.
    02-28-11 06:31 PM
    Here's another idea: Right now, through March 4th, Crackberry is selling SOTI Pocket Controller for half off. I bought it yesterday and it works just like its Windows Mobile cousin. After you install it on both your laptop and your BB, just connect your BB to your laptop. Your BB appears on screen and you can use your mouse and keyboard on your BB for everything - answer calls, email, BBM, surf the web, you name it, etc. It's cheaper than Tether and it uses your data plan without violating Verizon's TOS.
    This is nothing like Tether at all. It does not provide a internet connection to your PC which is the only thing Tether does. It is basically is a mirror image on your PC. Still cant use a real internet browser and the image on the screen is still as big as your phone. This type of software has been around for a long time and just don't really see a point in it
    02-28-11 08:55 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD