I just watched the whole 'treo bomb' video and have to say... he won for that? The plane wasn't in the air or even moving on the runway. I could have sent in saying I'd drop my phone from my house window! And someone got a free storm for having pies tossed in his face and lit a phone on fire?

I would have thought it would have been a little tougher to win such a highly anticipated phone. If another competition pops up I'll happily send in an entry saying I'll duct tape my phone to my foot and walk half a block.
    -Rik
    11-23-08 04:48 PM
    agreed - I was expecting more, but was VERY curious as to how he could've gotten AF approval to do something like that.

clever play on words, but that's about all...
    11-23-08 05:10 PM
    yah , it was kind of a terrible choice.. but you got to respect the judges and their choices .
    11-23-08 05:12 PM
    my question is how do you know someone didn't catch the phone?
    11-23-08 11:46 PM
    well honestly .. you couldnt even see him hold the phone out the window so who knows.
    11-23-08 11:48 PM
    He wrote in saying he would throw it from the plane while in the air. It would of been awesome if he did but there was no way the Air Force was going to allow him to do it. He used clever words to screw the judges, so why couldn't they just screw him back. That was the worst contest winner I have ever saw.
    Last edited by MuDvAyNe; 11-23-08 at 11:52 PM.
    yeah it was pretty pitiful, but i got to have love for my fellow servicemen.
    Anything falling off an aircraft has to be reported to the FAA as a TFOA incident (Things Falling Off of Aircraft) and it is a pretty big deal. I realize the silliness for a bomber to report TFOA... but its real and there are strict rules. That said, the guy was an officer, he couldn't afford the 200$ to just buy one?
    11-24-08 12:21 AM
    Bomber video was definitely lame, but I thought the tattoo might have even been worse. I just thinking picking two tattoo entries was pretty lame. Then she said she got a bold, really?
    11-24-08 12:42 AM
    Yep, the majority of the "winners" so far is a case-study in Lameness. I would complain more but I was lucky to get a free Storm myself: late B-day gift from my awesome GF!
    11-24-08 03:06 AM
    ya ya people are always going to complain about who won for what but I strongly agree with something that was stated down farther in the writing that some peoples idea's of doing something crazy is different then other peoples idea of it

and as far the treo thing that was cool to even get that far with being aloud to make the video...

If you have never known anyone in the military or never were in the military yourself you may not fully understand the restrictions and most people who would have tried to get that far wouldn't have even come close =)
    11-24-08 03:17 AM
    ya ya people are always going to complain about who won for what but I strongly agree with something that was stated down farther in the writing that some peoples idea's of doing something crazy is different then other peoples idea of it

and as far the treo thing that was cool to even get that far with being aloud to make the video...

If you have never known anyone in the military or never were in the military yourself you may not fully understand the restrictions and most people who would have tried to get that far wouldn't have even come close =)
    its actually very easy, i have tons of pics and videos from deployments and missions and of silly stuff we have done. and him being an officer, not many people would say anything and nothing sensitive was shown on this video
    11-24-08 03:25 AM
    You guys are just jealous that he won a storm and you didn't for whatever idea you submitted. I submitted that i would help old ladies across the street wearing a crackberry t-shirt while walking on my hands. Be thankful crackberry even offers these types of contests
    11-24-08 03:43 AM
    The video was weak, but being ex military I could understand the lengths he had to go to be approved to make that video. I'm sure he wanted to be up in the air to drop his phone, but of course that was denied by his commander.
    11-24-08 03:48 AM
    hugs for blitz, i thought about reenlisting for a storm until when i went to see if i could i was told i would lose about 15k in bonuses.
    11-24-08 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD