i went to my graphic designer friends house tonight to try to get his help with this. he is going to try and help me improve this app by making it crack in stages. its really hard to make these kinds of images tough.

if anyone else can help with the images let me know.

i want to atleast have 3 images, 1) good screen, 2) starting to crack, 3) fully cracked. anyone know how to make these screens?

i am working on a new ver tonight that a) doesnt switch to landscape!!! (got rim keys!!!!!), b) has a new sound (you can choose) c) timed better.
    Check out how realistic the crack on this app looks:

http://download11.getjar.com/downloa...ked_Screen.jad

I have yet to dee an image near as close to a cracked screen as this. Hope this can give you some ideas on the picture. You hand the phone to an unsuspecting victim, the screen is black, so they touch it. That doesn't work, so they click it, and when they do, a crack (like the bright white one in this) appears. It is a lot more realistic, and I'm sure easier to code than making it appear over the current screen.
    02-22-09 08:01 PM
    It kinda sucks.

When I launch it the crack just appears no screen touch needed.
    02-22-09 08:16 PM
    i think it works good id just like to see it quicker my wallpaper and maybe come on automatically if phone is idle for awhile so if someone picks it up off the desk lol
    02-22-09 09:36 PM
    havent fooled anyone yet.......
    02-22-09 10:08 PM
    It kinda sucks.

When I launch it the crack just appears no screen touch needed.
    for this app i have to click the screen... or do you mean the other app that zack posted?
    02-23-09 05:27 PM
    The app from getjar sucks. It just appears on a black screen with no sound.

Mike's screen crash is awesome!
    02-23-09 05:41 PM
    How about having it run in the background and randomly cracking after a random number of screen presses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 06:40 PM
    landscape bug fixed yet?
    02-24-09 04:18 PM
    Mike how goes it?
    02-26-09 09:00 AM
    I say a couple of things. Ability to put it in the menu ala Berrycleanner and I know you're learning the graphics and what not, but animation of the screen cracking slowly and then its fully cracked but other than that... this is another awesome uselss app !!
    I second that too!

02-26-09 09:39 AM
    This sounds like something with a lot of potential
    02-26-09 03:45 PM
    Downloaded fine, went into it to try out, pressed screen a message pooped up real quick that I couldn't read all of, invalid something, then my storm crashed and reset itself. Running .75

02-26-09 07:19 PM
    Downloaded fine, went into it to try out, pressed screen a message pooped up real quick that I couldn't read all of, invalid something, then my storm crashed and reset itself. Running .75

must be a coincidence with something else that was acting up on your berry, the app doesnt access any signed api's or anyhting that would cause a crash. it displays an image and plays a sound. i would recommend batt pull and trying it agian.
    02-26-09 07:23 PM
    i need a couple beta testers for my new version. it locks the app in portrait mode, reduced the size of the app by almost 50% and re-did the way it works. i think its improved an easier to trick someone by telling them they need to press a little harder and longer.
    02-26-09 07:41 PM
    I'm a tester baby!

And it works great! AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    02-26-09 07:48 PM
    Ill be a tester, PM ME!
    02-26-09 07:57 PM
    I'll test too! Send me a PM.

02-26-09 08:01 PM
    mesince, pm sending now. ok thats good for now. thanks!
    02-26-09 08:03 PM
    Is this app working yet as i think it sound cool and would like to **** with a couple of friends that have i phones
    03-01-09 08:07 AM
    any news if the beta is up and running
    03-03-09 10:31 AM
    these are cool as ****!
    05-13-09 09:48 AM
    I do like the 1.01 version. The smashed screen is convincing, and the sound is too.

The base graphic showing the VZW background image is a decent start, but will you be enhancing it one day to "crack" the running screen? The practical joke potential is endless! Go to a normal screen, but have this running in background with a counter. Give to friend and tell him to check out this cool thing you saw on your Berry. 1 min later - CRACK!! "Dude! WTF did you do to my Berry!?!?!"
    06-01-09 12:53 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD