UPDATE v1.01: new version removes the title bar as requested making it more stealth, removes the delay of the screen cracking, and reduces the size by 2/3! let me know how you like it.

Hey everyone back with another app, this one is still in early development, truth is i am going to improve it as i learn to handle graphics stuff more. I am calling it a pre-release because i want the final version to be alot better and i need all you to help me do it by telling me what you want. It works, but it doesnt do much but it does smash your screen!

There was a lot of demand for this app after fellow crackberry member Brandon9530storm came up with the idea and posted about it. So i thank Brandon9530storm for the idea!

You get a special background, you set it up, you say hey check out this wallpaper it looks like xp, click to go to the next wallpaper, they click and CRACK you hear the plastic crack and the screen cracks! Oh the horror!!!! LOL Hit reset in the BB menu to set it up for the next victim!

Storm Screen Smash v1.01 (Preview Version) FREE

YES! This works with .75/.76!

http://www.pcsnj.net/bb/smashv1.01/SmashScreen.jad

So now its up to you all to tell me where to go from here. lets start small and work from there, this can be our building block. want a different sound? send me the sound you want, want a different screen? send me the screen before and after! evnetually we will crack the regular screen, but that will be tough. Do you want vibrate?

As always if you like my apps, please donate, rim signing keys arent free but all my apps are, so its up to donators to keep them coming!

Donate via Paypal to keep my apps coming

My other apps are Storm Taser and Storm Easy Button
    Last edited by mike240se; 02-20-09 at 03:53 PM.
    02-20-09 04:57 AM
    Awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 05:09 AM
    Awesome

lol thanks, does that mean it works for you or you havent installed it yet? i always feel better once i get confirmations that my apps are working perfectly when i release the first ver
    02-20-09 05:10 AM
    It works on .XXX

02-20-09 05:15 AM
    works on .99 thanks!
    02-20-09 05:16 AM
    You didn't give me credit for idea. Lol jking thankd for makin it
    02-20-09 05:33 AM
    You didn't give me credit for idea. Lol jking thankd for makin it
    CRAP! your right!!! but check the first post now, FIXED!
    02-20-09 05:37 AM
    Maybe not make it say name of app on top?
    02-20-09 05:38 AM
    02-20-09 05:43 AM
    Maybe not make it say name of app on top?
    I agree. The name at the top gives away what the program will do. Also is there a way to speed up how long it takes for the image of the "cracked screen" to appear after clicking. Would seem more real. Maybe shorten the length of the sound used which will cause the image to pop up faster. Other than that works great and will be a GREAT gag to play on friends. Especially if they're drunk. Just hope they don't freak out afterwards and really break it. LoL! To Brandon9530Storm, great app idea! To Mike240SE great app!
    02-20-09 06:49 AM
    ur app is quite big. but thanks for the app.
    02-20-09 07:20 AM
    It's fun but having the name at the top won't fool many. I think it would also help to have some led smear in the background. I also think the crack should happen instantly.

But an awesome start thanks for doin this!
    02-20-09 07:26 AM
    I say a couple of things. Ability to put it in the menu ala Berrycleanner and I know you're learning the graphics and what not, but animation of the screen cracking slowly and then its fully cracked but other than that... this is another awesome uselss app !!
    02-20-09 07:45 AM
    Bumping thread so I can find it on my Storm!
    02-20-09 08:33 AM
    Ok.

First the sound: A+ it sounds thick and compact like I would imagine the Storm screen would sound if it did get hit. I also like how it progress from bad to worse!

Visual effects: (Final Crack) A+ the center of the crack is where I would generally press, good job!

Questions/Suggestions:

Is it possible to progress the crack like this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...kberry-160145/

Also if we can se our wallpaper and info it would be way believable!

Bottom line is it is totally cool.

I like it! Donation on it's way!
    02-20-09 08:43 AM
    Cool app. Funny enough my friend got me with the iphone version of this app but I don't see this catching anyone off guard.........yet.

02-20-09 09:19 AM
    I agree with everybody about the title on the screen. Sound and the action itself are off by a bit. Could you use a homescreen image instead of the xp wallpaper? Good start!

02-20-09 09:27 AM
    Yeah make the sound morr realistic. Or maybe not a breaking glass sound but a high pitch noise to make it seem like it is messing up.
    02-20-09 02:07 PM
    is it me or does the noise come a little to ahead of the cracking picture?
    02-20-09 02:12 PM
    I installed this app first thing this morning and just realized that I couldn't access the internet. I hope I'm the only one but it seems that this turned off my connection. I deleted it and now have no issues. Cool app though.
    02-20-09 02:26 PM
    quite fun to play with, I like it, many thanks.
    02-20-09 02:48 PM
    Yeah i agree with ALL of you, i actually realized when i installed it on my phone that it would be better with the title removed. Removing the title is first thing on my list and should be no problem.

also funny thing is, i actually coded it so the screen would break after the sound would play but i think you guys are right, it would be better to come up right away. the reason i did that is because it was still playing the sound when the screen was already broke. this of course would be fixed best by me making it break slowly which i really hope to do eventually, but for now i will time them better in the next release.

i will also make the app smaller, the sound effect is way too high bit rate i didnt realize at first. all of these are coming tonight.

thanks for all the compliments!@
    02-20-09 03:18 PM
    check out the first post for the link to v1.01 with the changes you all wanted. still working on more.

UPDATE v1.01: new version removes the title bar as requested making it more stealth, removes the delay of the screen cracking, and reduces the size by 2/3! let me know how you like it.
    02-20-09 03:53 PM
    Awesome, but instead of cracklin glass, how about just a loud snap of glass.

02-20-09 04:07 PM
    HUmmmmm I kinda liked the sound then the crack.
    02-20-09 04:10 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD