So did you get your Droid?
    Yes! And I want my Storm back!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can't even move your quick launch icons around.
    Hard to get used to the screen after using a sure press screen.
    Battery really sucks.
    The menu and home buttons are really small, hard to press
    It's not really all that customizable
    The Storm has an options button on just about every page
    the DX doesn't.
    I guess it'll take some getting used to, just like when I got the Storm
    What I do like though is your calender auto syncs to your goggle calender on your PC
    OTA no need to connect and sync with data cable
    no need
    Last edited by dan266; 07-15-10 at 07:57 PM.
    07-15-10 07:34 PM
    Battery really sucks.
    the DX doesn't.
    What I do like though is your calender auto syncs to your goggle calender on your PC
    no need
    So the morel to the story is that the grass may not always be greener on the other side of the fence?
    07-15-10 08:27 PM
    Yeah, adjusting to a new technology can be tough. I played around with the DroidX for about 30 minutes today and I'm a bit ambivalent about it. It is definitely an adjustment, but no more so than any other Android-based phone.

A couple GOOD things were that it is MUCH faster than the Storms, the screen is, IMO, the PERFECT size, and the Android marketplace is HUGE and reasonably priced compared to App World. Also, the virtual keyboard is MUCH more accurate and easy to use than my S1 and I think easier than the VK on the S2 which I also played around with while at the store. I just LOVE the "letter popups" when touch the appropriate screen key.

I DO remember it taking a bit of time to adjust to the SurePress screen of the Storm. Enough of an adjustment that I ALMOST went back to my 8830 Curve. The larger screen is what kept me with the Storm long enough to learn it's ins and outs and begin to like it.

It was interesting that it took me a couple minutes to adjust back to the Storm when I began to use it after using the DroidX for just 30 minutes. I'm not sure what that says about either the DroidX OR the Storm.

With the latest hybrid on board, my S1 has another month or so of life in it. I'm going to play with the DroidX a bit to try to see if it will be usable for me... AND to see if RIM will release info/release date on the S3 before I run out of patience.

However, if the DroidX is an indication of the future, then we are really in for some exciting times in the smartphone world over the next few years. Then again, there IS the Chinese curse, "May you live in exciting times!"

Scott
    07-16-10 01:51 AM
    Yes you can, press and hold them down.

True, but it didn't take me long to get used to it.

Battery really sucks.
    I haven't had much issue with it. It last me about a day and since the phone is new, I've been playing with it a lot. I find that turning off Bluetooth, GPS, and WiFi when they're not in use conserves battery life...much like it did on my S2.

True, again takes getting used to.

You're beginning to lose credibility here, I found the level of customization so high that it was overwhelming.

the DX doesn't.
    ...it definitely does.

I think you're being overly critical...to the point where you're pointing out downfalls that don't exist.
    07-16-10 01:29 PM
    You can deposit the money from the debit card you get from verizon into your checking account. You call the phone number on the back of the card and it prompts on what steps to follow. I had my last rebate deposited into my account.

Verizon decided to go with the debit cards because too many people were mistakenly throwing away their rebate checks. So they decided this was the best way to send out the rebates. Just too bad they can't do away with the rebates all together, would make it easier, but they won't. Online instantly will give you the rebate but it won't allow you to charge your device to your account if you want. But like I said you can put the money into your account.
    07-16-10 01:41 PM
    Also, the virtual keyboard is MUCH more accurate and easy to use than my S1 and I think easier than the VK on the S2 which I also played around with while at the store. I just LOVE the "letter popups" when touch the appropriate screen key.
    The Storm does that too, its an option that has to be turned on.

Texting and typing wise, the biggest advantage of the Droid X is how if you press and hold the cursor to select text, a window will pop up with a zoomed in view of the text your looking at so its very easy to get the cursor exactly where you want it, same goes with selecting a block of text to copy and paste.

iPhone does that too, always thought it was a great idea, hopefully RIM incorporates it as well in OS6.

OP, if you don't like the Droid X, return it for a refund, assuming no one buys my S2 on Ebay, I'll sell it to you if you're interested.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 07-16-10 at 01:52 PM.
    07-16-10 01:45 PM
    Battery really sucks.
    the DX doesn't.
    no need
    If you don't like it, and want a Blackberry again, I'll trade my 2 day old 9650 with you.
    07-16-10 01:47 PM
    The Storm does that too, its an option that has to be turned on.
    DANG! I feel like a total MORON. I've been typing without that feature for almost 2 YEARS NOW without this feature turned on! Then again, I don't know what is stupider... that I didn't know about it or that RIM didn't turn it on by default. (OK, probably me, but I think it's close!)

Thanks for the info!

BTW, is there a "Stupid Storm Tricks (and Tips)" thread (or similar)?

Thanks!

Scott
    07-16-10 04:33 PM
    Haha no worries, glad I could help.
    07-17-10 12:38 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD