it all depends on if you were a previous vzw or if you were a new customer and signed up thru best buy or sumwhere cuz when the storm first came out best buy had that deal a free complimentary bluetooth ear piece when approved sign up with vzw and purchase of the Storm
    05-22-09 09:59 PM
    I got that Connecticut letter. Were gonna have to start entering area codes on all calls, even local numbers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 10:02 PM
    I got something in the mail from VZW the other day. I said damn there's my bluetooth. Opened it up and sure enough, a damned bill for $210.00. Guess the bluetooth got misplaced or they sent mine to AT&T. ....closes laptop...
    05-22-09 10:02 PM
    *cough* bs

05-22-09 10:16 PM
    There ain't nuthin free in this wurld, cep't danged advice from ATT cutomurs.
    Wow.
    10char

05-22-09 10:33 PM
    I got bupkis from Verizon. After 11 years. Nice. I've actually purchased Plantronics BTs. Meh.
    05-22-09 11:03 PM
    Why do you people fall for this? He's yanking your chain. Oh by the way, I own the plantronics 925 and it is a very good bluetooth. it does make up for the the poor mic of the Storm.
    Last edited by wxman2003; 05-22-09 at 11:20 PM.
    05-22-09 11:18 PM
    VZW just sent me a complimentary "hour glass of death" on my Storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh I love Verizon and my Storm!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-23-09 12:02 AM
    A free VERIZON BT sent by VERIZON for an AT&T customer. Wow.
    awesomeville
    05-23-09 12:10 AM
    ok guys, i started this thread as i was leaving for the night so that's why i didnt respond til now. i'll address some of what you guys have said:

yes, this is true and I'll provide pictures of it tomorrow.

my at&t info: i bought the storm on launch day and have loved it ever since but then i switched to AT&T for a few weeks because i was frustrated with Verizon for reasons other than the bold. after three weeks, Verizon talked me into coming back and now i just recieved these three bluetooth packages for me "eligible blackberry storm purchase", even though my purchase was way back on launch day.
    05-23-09 03:28 AM
    here are pictures of the padded envelope and headset, and another picture with the letter that was inside. as i said earlier, i got three of these packages all at the same time today. I noticed that the packages came from Trenton, NJ which is only about 15 miles from my house so maybe some of you will get them too and I just got it quicker?
    05-23-09 03:38 AM
    05-23-09 03:38 AM
    Why do you people fall for this? He's yanking your chain. Oh by the way, I own the plantronics 925 and it is a very good bluetooth. it does make up for the the poor mic of the Storm.
    check the pictures, i'm not yanking anyone's chain.
    05-23-09 03:40 AM
    i got the same BT ... but not from verizon. I love the 520 because it can be paired to 2 phones at the same time.
    05-23-09 04:01 AM
    I doubt that VZW is giving away Free BT headsets away so we won't cry about the storm..hmm some 1 is lien

05-23-09 04:53 AM
    I doubt that VZW is giving away Free BT headsets away so we won't cry about the storm..hmm some 1 is lien

Did you see the pictures? I don't think he's lying.
    Unless I get one soon, i'll be one angry customer.
    I wonder what an "eligible purchase" is...

05-23-09 05:50 AM
    I want mine I've got a Verizon Jabra BT and I'm not to happy with it. I've wanted that Plantronics one but **** if I get one for free that would be SWEET!
    05-23-09 07:42 AM
    Quickly, someone call *611 and raise ****!
    05-23-09 07:56 AM
    where did you sign back up for vzw was it best buy or the vzw store cuz as i stated before i seen an ad when the Storm first came out and it was an offer for like 2 months or while supplies last that you would receive a free plantronic bt head ear piece with the purchase of the BB Storm.......i believe you cuz you have the proof right there plain as day pix of the bt ear piece and the letter.....so screw all dem none believers and congrats to you but since you only got one storm and 3 free pieces any chance you wana send one my way?.......lol but ill tell yinz all dis i have the Motorokr s9 stereo head set and you can find em on Buy.com - Computers, Electronics, Digital Cameras, Books, DVDs, Music, Games, Software, Toys, Sports for only $37.99 and free shipping and regular price they are $129.99 and they got great sound with nice bass
    05-23-09 10:04 AM
    I'm not sure why some of you still think I'm lieing. The pictures have been posted. I bought it on launch day from Best Buy and got a free bluetooth from them (that was their promotion). Now, I left for AT&T last month and came back to Verizon, and now I got these headsets.

I'm not sure what the reason was exactly, but I just don't think it has anything to do with coming back to Verizon because when I came back, I didn't buy a new Storm or anything, still using my original storm. As for why I got three, I did have my STorm replaced twice, so I've had three storms now but only on one purchase, maybe that's why I got three headsets?

I don't know what happened here guys, but it happened and my assumption was maybe everyone was getting one because I can't think of a better explanation. Also, if that is that case, you guys might not be getting them til next week because of the holiday weekend and I just got mine yesterday (Friday) from a town only a few miles away.
    05-23-09 01:20 PM
    where did you sign back up for vzw was it best buy or the vzw store cuz as i stated before i seen an ad when the Storm first came out and it was an offer for like 2 months or while supplies last that you would receive a free plantronic bt head ear piece with the purchase of the BB Storm.......i believe you cuz you have the proof right there plain as day pix of the bt ear piece and the letter.....so screw all dem none believers and congrats to you but since you only got one storm and 3 free pieces any chance you wana send one my way?.......lol but ill tell yinz all dis i have the Motorokr s9 stereo head set and you can find em on Buy.com - Computers, Electronics, Digital Cameras, Books, DVDs, Music, Games, Software, Toys, Sports for only $37.99 and free shipping and regular price they are $129.99 and they got great sound with nice bass
    Well I use a BT speakerphone in my car because I'm not a fan of headsets so all three of these will be on eBay later today.
    05-23-09 01:23 PM
    If anyone wants one for $25, PM me. You can have the letter that came with it that no one seems to believe exists also.
    05-23-09 01:47 PM
    Good for you for getting something for nothing. I love it when a company messes up and the customer gains from it. I would give 2 of them away to family or friends, that seems to always make peoples day.

05-23-09 01:55 PM
    Wow and not one person stood up and aplogized to the man/woman even after he/she posted proof. I just hope i qualify for it even though i barely use the phone
    05-23-09 05:53 PM
    I believed him as soon as I saw those pictures.
    05-23-09 06:18 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD