I purchased a new blackberry storm less than 2 weeks ago. Now Verizon has this buy one get one deal. So I called Verizon to see if I could now get a free storm sense I just bought one. I want to get one for my wife and add it to the other line. Now Verizon is telling me because my wife is not available for a phone upgrade until 12/12/09 I cant get a free storm. Is anyone else having this type of issue? It really doesnt seem fair when its buy one get one free why would my wife have to be available for an upgrade? Im very frustrated! To me it seems just like if you buy a new TV for $2200 then the next week it goes on sale you can go back to the store and get the sale price.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Thanks!
    02-13-09 10:13 AM
    Each Blackberry requires two year activation per phone. You would have to add a line of service, or have an upgrade available to take advantage of the BOGO special..
    02-13-09 10:22 AM
    If you bought it two weeks ago, you can still return it and get out of the contract at no charge (you have 30 days). Why not at least threaten to cancel the contract?
    02-13-09 10:23 AM
    thanks for the reply's! I was thinking about calling back and threatin to cancel, even though I like the service and phone haha. idk thanks again!
    02-13-09 10:27 AM
    I would call and threaten them with canceling. Better for them to keep you and reup your wife for another 2 years. I bet they take your offer.
    02-13-09 10:36 AM
    Sorry, but I have no sympathy for you in this case. You think VZW should subsidize your phone purchase everytime you want a new phone. I guess I am sorry you didn't read the terms of the promotion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 10:43 AM
    I got my Storm through their website last friday (love it) and noticed the sale.
    My GF and I have a Family share plan. She is the primary holder of the account, and I'm the add a line for 10/mo. When I went to order my phone we were eligible for 1 phone discount of 50.00. That brought the price of the storm from 199.99 to 149.99. While in the check out section of their website, I noticed the BOGO down towards the bottom of the screen. We were only eligible for one discount but our new every two was up. I was able to get her and myself a storm for 149.99 total from their website while some Bag of D*%ks at the store wanted 270.00 for 1.

Are you set up similar, as 1 primary and 1 ad a line?
    02-13-09 10:46 AM
    I bought it 3 days ago and the offer came out the day after
    i went last nite to verizon they sed they can do it for me all i need to do is add a new line..... check with verizon store ( i mean go down there and check)
    02-13-09 10:49 AM
    thanks for the reply's! I was thinking about calling back and threatin to cancel, even though I like the service and phone haha. idk thanks again!
    Threatening to cancel will get you nowhere. Nobody is going to discount a Storm $500 for a secondary line. It says in the ads that the buy one get one only applies to new lines and lines eligible for upgrade.

Only way to do it would be to activate a 3rd line seeing as how it'll only cost you $9.99 extra per month. Then put the Storm on the wife's line and her current phone on the new line. You can either find someone to give the other phone to, or have a backup line.

I would call and threaten them with canceling. Better for them to keep you and reup your wife for another 2 years. I bet they take your offer.
    I bet they don't.
    Last edited by gettinthere; 02-13-09 at 10:52 AM.
    02-13-09 10:50 AM
    If the other line (your wife) isn't up for renewal then you are looking at the retail and can't do the free one. BOGO offers require 2yr agreements on each line. But if you're not elligble to resign (hence the upgrade date) then you can't do it on your current line. But you can add a line.
    02-13-09 10:52 AM
    I did this. My Fiance and I are on the same plan with Verizon. My phone upgrade was the end of Feb. I called about the Storm and they said they would upgrade me early.(phone upgrade in Feb, my contract is up this June) I got my phone about 2 weeks ago. Then I read on crackberry.com about the deal Verizon offerd. I called and asked for the heck of it. My Fiance is not up for a phone upgrade until August this year. and they said that they would send her the phone for free in line with the deal verizon is now offering. She got it the other day, all of the paperwork was $00.00 out..phone was free
    02-13-09 11:00 AM
    When you bought your phone, you agreed to the deal you had, and were happy with your purchase. Why now is it not fair that people are getting buy 1 get 1?
    02-13-09 11:02 AM
    Sorry, but I have no sympathy for you in this case. You think VZW should subsidize your phone purchase everytime you want a new phone. I guess I am sorry you didn't read the terms of the promotion.

I think you are taking it a little to serious. Someone is asking for help. If you
    don't want to offer any help just don't say anything at all.
    02-13-09 11:04 AM
    I think you are taking it a little to serious. Someone is asking for help. If you
    don't want to offer any help just don't say anything at all.
    I guess you don't like to deal with reality.

02-13-09 11:13 AM
    I don't think threatening to end your service is worth a phone IMO. It's not worth the aggravation.
    02-13-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD