04-28-10 01:50 PM
26 12
tools
    I just got my fifth BB storm 2 (#5 )today.The last 4 have blown out the ear piece speaker.I cant believe this.Verizon says this is not a common problem for the BB S2 but ive had 4 so far with the problem.The phone i recieved today seems to have the best screen of the last 4 and came with OS 607.I hope this one makes it more than two weeks like the last 2.

Anyone else having this problem.I baby my phone no drops or scratches and i dont let it get wet.What could be causing this.Verizon told me if this phone goes bad i can switch to something else.Im debating on a Motorola Droid if it happens again .But i really like my S2 but i dont wanna go through this again
    Last edited by Mothow; 04-26-10 at 08:04 PM.
    04-26-10 08:02 PM
    I'm on number 6! Its a poorly made handset with bad software. Its not you at all.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-26-10 08:24 PM
    Sounds like you guys got some bad phones. The storm 2 is a great phone, IMO.
    Love the surepress screen, haven't had a problem with mine yet
    04-26-10 08:27 PM
    My screen has been going nuts on me the past few days, but it could be because it's gotten hotter here and my hands are sweatier.
    04-26-10 08:39 PM
    I would never have the patience to get multiple devices. You get 1 chance to fix my problem. After that, I move to something else.
    04-26-10 09:09 PM
    Well seriously if this has any problems im done with BB.I might even be done with Verizon if the dont let me go with a Motorola or HTC Droid or something similar
    04-26-10 09:15 PM
    My speaker blew out today. This is storm is my 4th. I'm pretty sure I'm done with it. Gonna try out the incredible

04-26-10 09:43 PM
    As of this morning, Storm2 #3 in 24 days. First one, ear piece speaker blew out, (VZW tech never heard of this before), but agreed it sounded crappy. Second storm2, would not charge, even though lightning bolt showed in battery, it would not charge. Tried 3 different chargers, 6 different batteries, + a charging cradle. I will see how this refurbished ends up. This will be my last attempt, till I move onto something else.........
    04-27-10 09:45 AM
    weird I'm on my 3rd one for the ear piece speaker and they never heard of it before either. hmmmm
    04-27-10 09:48 AM
    weird I'm on my 3rd one for the ear piece speaker and they never heard of it before either. hmmmm
    Verizon Lies They also told many people they never heard of the sticky key issue. Im waiting to see if someone files for a class action law suit against RIM and Verizon on the Storms.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/he...k-like-434473/
    04-27-10 10:53 AM
    bet ur Storm2 are mexican make I do not want to offend any mexican(s) but I believe the quality of the hungarian makes are better standard!
    04-27-10 11:01 AM
    bet ur Storm2 are mexican make I do not want to offend any mexican(s) but I believe the quality of the hungarian makes are better standard!
    Well.. you'd be wrong!

Firstly, I'd just like to say that I could never understand why users would do multi swaps/exchange...

But I'm sad to say I'm now in that group

I'm on my 4th!!! Storm2. (all Hungarian made)

Remember these are exchanged/repair handsets, not new. However every single phone I receive, has a new fault! if its not screen issues, its dodgy build quality! and apparently the engineers check these units over to make sure things are working - yea right

I'm fed up too, if it wasnt for the somewhat easy swap over service Vodafone provide. I think I would have given up after the 2nd exchange.

People may say, why stick with the storm2?... simple, I WANTED a BB with a big touch screen. The 9700 wasn't big enough for me. But if my next swap turns out to be bad, I may try to haggle a swap for one
    04-27-10 12:08 PM
    I had Storm 1 for a year, and I have had my Storm 2 since 9 months. I'm still on my first one for either of them and my phones get used a lot.
    04-27-10 12:19 PM
    only on number 2 and it wasn't even a hardware issue that made me get a new one.
    04-27-10 12:53 PM
    I am on #2 due to screen issues on the first one...... This one is night and day better...
    04-27-10 01:05 PM
    I am on #2 due to screen issues on the first one...... This one is night and day better...
    In the past 3 months i am now on my 5th Storm2 (all exchanged within the first 30 days so i been getting brand new units to!) the first 3 all had the screen issue... Not sure if Telus has been getting the fixed phones like Verizon, but i can't find any of the matching manufacturing codes on them that match....

The 4th one i changed the battery on it one day, and it went into a major boot fail, it was uperma bricked, to me it actually seems like it was a coincidence with the batt change and just the flash mem was faulty because it would attempt to boot for about 15 seconds, then i would get a white screen with small writing on it that showed for about 0.5 seconds... All i got from it was something along the lines of flash mem not found. None the less that was within 7 days so i got another new one.

The latest one i have, probably is the worst screen so far, i am waiting for a new OS leak before i upgrade because 607 didn't do that well for me, i had lots of little bugs that just annoyed the sh it outta me, so i'll probably swap this one again asap... I just want a Storm who's screen actually clicks on the 4 main buttons everytime i press them, and doesn't go click crazy all the time.

Well there's my rant, i'm still trucking along on the storms..... i have the option to switch as each new phone i get i get 30 more days from swap to try and prove something is wrong with it, and i am not settling for one that doesn't work. I am a loyal bb user, and love the big touch screen and with 6.0 just around the corner, i want to give bb a chance to get ahead of the game.
    04-27-10 01:28 PM
    Reading about people having so many problems and going through multiple phones used to make me go "user error". But not now. Just ordered my 3rd storm2 since the upgrade a month ago. 1st one was for media player and camera issues, now the 2nd one is having the screen issues with the click not working or clicking the wrong item. It was fine for 2 weeks. I've never dropped it and am very concious of how I handle it. It's sporadic and will just come and go at random.
    04-27-10 05:20 PM
    #4 for me.

First one the top half of the screen became unusable. Second one had a bad camera. Third one blew the earpiece speaker.

4th one has been working great... until .607. Now, the keyboard decides on it's own whether to appear or not. Sigh.

04-27-10 05:29 PM
    I just got my 2nd Storm2 about 3weeks ago, it was replaced due to a blown earpiece speaker. And yesteday this one flipping blew as well. I dont know how its possible these blow the speaker. I can barely hear the caller on the other side, its all crackly. Good thing I use my Jawbone most of the time.

Dixit
    04-27-10 06:11 PM
    To the OP...This phone is just not meant for you. 4 phoens with the same problem is not the phone...it's you. All you're doing is running up your frustration and RIMs cost. You should move on to another device. I remember reading a thread about a couple of guys that were metal fabricators and the metal dust/shavings was being drawn to the speaker magnet, making it sound blown.
    04-27-10 07:58 PM
    Usually the earpiece is from metallic pieces sticking to the magnet on the speaker. I killed two of them helping a buddy of mine at his steel fab shop before I figured that out There was a thread on here where somebody pulled it apart and cleaned it but as long as Verizon keeps sending me phones I'm not going to risk voiding my warranty
    04-27-10 07:59 PM
    To the OP...This phone is just not meant for you. 4 phones with the same problem is not the phone...it's you. All you're doing is running up your frustration and RIMs cost. You should move on to another device. I remember reading a thread about a couple of guys that were metal fabricators and the metal dust/shavings was being drawn to the speaker magnet, making it sound blown.
    04-27-10 07:59 PM
    i think i am on storm2 #7 since december. if this one doesnt work right i am switching to something else. and 5 of them have been in less then 2 months.
    04-28-10 10:36 AM
    Still on #1 for my Storm 2 (from release day) and still on #1 for my Storm 1 (from release day). Sorry to hear about your problems.
    04-28-10 10:55 AM
    Well I am also on my 4th s2 in about 6 months. The blown/static in the earpiece everytime. I think its just poor engineering or quality control on blackberrys part. I don't understand it to be anything else. Cause I never drop or abuse my phone at all. Treat it like its gold. And definitely not around any metal to get down in the speaker.

04-28-10 01:18 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD