For some who may be reading it another way, like I was at first, the quotes (") are one of the keys you hit. I was thinking you were identifying the slash (/) with quotes around it then another, but then after trying to type what you literally put, it worked. Sounds dumb, but that is how I originally read it. So a quote, slash, quote, slash while the !?123 is on Lock mode.
    12-18-08 11:25 PM
    How effective is clearing the log? I did it, but didn't seem to notice anything improve. Also, what does memory cleaner do then, if ALT LGLG clears the log?
    12-19-08 06:20 PM
    How effective is clearing the log? I did it, but didn't seem to notice anything improve. Also, what does memory cleaner do then, if ALT LGLG clears the log?
    I just cleared my log for the first time in a month and got back 1.5 MB of memory.

On another note, ALT-EACE can also be done by holding the back key and clicking the screen in the upper left, upper right, upper left, then upper right. This is an older thread though, so it's nothing really new.
    12-19-08 06:31 PM
    Sorry, newbie here. Shall I delete them all or are there some logs I need to keep? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 07:07 PM
    Delete them all.
    12-19-08 07:10 PM
    LOL when I said I hit alot of buttons I was ACTUALLY referring to figuring the ALT commands out. I'm NOT a BB newbie so I knew what the commands were. Just wanted to figure out what key sequence to press to actually ACTIVATE the switch to use them..you know that whole pressing down on !?123 & holding it?

If you haven't noticed it yet... the buttons 'L' and 'G' turn into / and " when you hit !?123. When you hit !?123 you will also see a little alt box in the top right.

I'm sorry if you actually did press random buttons until you found this out, but there is a system:

To do ALT LGLG, or ALT EACE, you just have to memorize where the 'L' 'G' or the 'E' 'A' 'C' keys physically are on the keyboard. When you press and hold the !?123 key, type in that key sequenced that you just memorized.

In other words:
    a = *
    b = ?
    c = 9
    d = 5
    e = 2
    f = 6
    g = /
    h = :
    i = -
    j = ;
    k = '
    l = "
    etc.

I'm a blackberry newbie, so I don't know any other ALT commands... I did however catch this pattern...
    12-19-08 07:13 PM
    Thanks! Is there a way to delete them all at once?

12-19-08 07:14 PM
    Thanks! Is there a way to delete them all at once?

Just press Menu Key -> Clear Log

Don't forget ALT+ NMLL(!,"") to get the signal in dBm(Useless unless you know what it means, stick to bars :-))
    12-19-08 07:17 PM
    "BB Menu Button"

select "Clear Log"
    12-19-08 07:18 PM
    Thanks! I love this site!

12-19-08 07:22 PM
    If I delete all Logs (Clear log using this instructions) does it affect my phone?? I'm gonna get any errors in the future or not?
    12-27-08 11:29 AM
    Don't forget ALT+ NMLL(!,"") to get the signal in dBm(Useless unless you know what it means, stick to bars :-))[/QUOTE]

Is there an ALT sequence to get into a debug/test screen that show more than dB signal?
    09-18-09 01:12 PM
    That's pretty cool - I'd like to know if there is any other commands, about to do a search now.

Nice to know you can manual clear your log, Of course I could just holster my phone.... thanks 2 metterberry
    09-18-09 02:24 PM
    I just went through 3 pages of post here. Is there suppose to be something new here?

To clear logs: BB button, show keyboard, type /"/"/. BB button, clear log. We've been doing it this way since I joined the forum.
    09-18-09 02:32 PM
    I just went through 3 pages of post here. Is there suppose to be something new here?

To clear logs: BB button, show keyboard, type /"/"/. BB button, clear log. We've been doing it this way since I joined the forum.
    Did you bother to see when the first post was made? Someone else made it a point to search and then reply in an old thread, pretty simple.
    09-18-09 03:17 PM
    Did you bother to see when the first post was made? Someone else made it a point to search and then reply in an old thread, pretty simple.
    Nope, and I knew I had to be missing something but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Thanks for pointing it out for me.
    09-18-09 03:24 PM
    I know i'm about 2 years behind on this thread, but I just found out how to make it work on the storm 9530. My problem was, I was unable to pull up keyboard from home screen. FYI...go to options/screen/keyboard, scroll down to where it has right & left convenience keys, and set left or right to virtual keyboard, then save. Return to home menu, which ever side you set it to and keyboard comes up. Then everything mentioned before in this threads works perfect. BTW...I was sitting on a whole bunch of logs! Thanks everyone for the the help. God bless.
    07-08-10 01:53 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD