I figured out how to do this:

In Landscape mode on the keyboard press & hold 123 key until lock appears, THEN press "/"/ & the logs will appear & you can delete them at will!!!

ALT-EACE is 2*92!!!!!

I am sure this pretty much works for ANY ALT sequence EXCEPT SHIFT-ALT-DEL still working on that one!!!

Have Fun!!
    11-23-08 10:43 AM

In Landscape mode on the keyboard press & hold 123 key until lock appears, THEN press "/"/ & the logs will appear & you can delete them at will!!!

ALT-EACE is 2*92!!!!!

I am sure this pretty much works for ANY ALT sequence EXCEPT SHIFT-ALT-DEL still working on that one!!!

Have Fun!!
    ok stupid question...how do you get the keyboard up in landscape?
    11-23-08 10:45 AM
    Menu - show keyboard. OR put your thumb on the bottom of the screen and swipe it upwards.
    11-23-08 10:51 AM
    ok stupid question...how do you get the keyboard up in landscape?
    Do you know what landscape is?

If yes.........just pull up the keyboard by hitting menu and show keyboard while in landscape mode.

If no...........you have a lot of learning to do but landscape is the blackberry on its side.

The keyboard on its side is a full QWERTY layout keyboard as opposed to the keyboard on the portrait view (phone standing up) which is the suretype QWERTY Keyboard.

If you need to learn about suretype or dont know what it is..........you should probably read the forums as some users will probably be upset that you are asking questions about items that have been posted before.

I know I have few posts but I run a datacenter...........am very knowledgeable about blackberrys.........not withstanding technology in general and I am helping because it must be hard being a Noob
    11-23-08 10:54 AM
    Is nobody else as impressed as I am by this revelation? Outstanding work. You are a crackberry master. Now can you tell me why my globe icon(multi-language support) is missing in the landscape keyboard?
    11-23-08 11:05 AM
    Stupid question #2 for the thread:

What exactly is ALT LGLG & ALT EACE?

I havent used a Blackberry in about 2yrs. But even then I dont remember ever heard about this.
    11-23-08 11:09 AM
    so when you access those menus, what is the point exactly? I have accessed the memory page and the other one.. but what are you supposed to do from there? tweaks? :P
    11-23-08 11:12 AM

ALT-EACE is 2*92!!!!!

Have Fun!!
    I'm amazed. How exactly does one figure this out?
    11-23-08 11:39 AM
    Stupid question #2 for the thread:

What exactly is ALT LGLG & ALT EACE?

I havent used a Blackberry in about 2yrs. But even then I dont remember ever heard about this.
    ^^^Ditto, I'm lost as well.
    11-23-08 11:42 AM

ALT-EACE is 2*92!!!!!

Have Fun!!
    newbie here what does doing this do? im new to blackberry well at least to using most of its features. Sorry for being a newb.
    11-23-08 11:47 AM
    It is just an event log that you are clearing....Just hit Menu, and select Clear Log, and yes, it will free up memory....

newbie here what does doing this do? im new to blackberry well at least to using most of its features. Sorry for being a newb.
    11-23-08 11:57 AM
    In landscape I typed "/"/ and nothing happened. haha

Im totally lost here.
    11-23-08 12:04 PM
    Now can you tell me why my globe icon(multi-language support) is missing in the landscape keyboard?
    I think I can answer this one, even though this is my first BB: When in landscape mode, just hover over a key (blue highlighting from touch, but do NOT click) and after a delay (the length of which is settable), a menu pops up with the international characters.

Hopefully that answers your question.
    11-23-08 12:17 PM
    In landscape I typed "/"/ and nothing happened. haha

Im totally lost here.
    Did you forget to hold down !?123 until it shows the lock & THEN hit "/"/?
    11-23-08 01:31 PM
    Part of what I do for a living including Software Sanity Testing from the side of the actual USER (in healthcare) so I love taking new software & just pressing buttons lol (actually called workflow testing). So early adoption is like crack to Whitney for me, Irresistible!!!
    11-23-08 01:34 PM
    found any way how to reset without a battery pull???
    11-23-08 02:16 PM
    I think I can answer this one, even though this is my first BB: When in landscape mode, just hover over a key (blue highlighting from touch, but do NOT click) and after a delay (the length of which is settable), a menu pops up with the international characters.

Hopefully that answers your question.
    Appreciate the effort, but no luck. I think I am missing my language support files. Something must have happened when I transferred things over from my Pearl.

I am going to call tech support. I will post if they have an answer.
    11-23-08 02:26 PM
    found any way how to reset without a battery pull???
    Get the free SoftReset program, it works with the Storm, much easier than pulling the battery. You should be able to search for it in this forum and find a link to OTA install it.
    11-25-08 07:43 AM
    Thanks man!!! I cleared my log daily with the pearl. After everything else I took out I have a ton of memory now.
    11-25-08 07:56 AM
    just figured i'd bring this thread back to life again! And I can't seem to get this trick to work. I hit the 123 till the lock appeared then hit / / and nada??
    12-18-08 09:56 PM
    just figured i'd bring this thread back to life again! And I can't seem to get this trick to work. I hit the 123 till the lock appeared then hit / / and nada??
    its:

"/"/
    12-18-08 10:22 PM
    Oh, boy.

Lock your phone by pressing the lock button on the top left of your phone (not the mute button, the button to the left of it)

Then unlock the phone.
    Turn the phone until the call button is on your bottom right, and the end button is on the top right...

Press the menu button and select SHOW KEYBOARD.

Next, press AND HOLD the !?123 button until there is a LOCK icon on the top left of that button....

IF YOU DID THIS WRONG, you will see -alt- on the top right of the screen as opposed to what you SHOULD see= 123

Type in the code the OP had mentioned....

LOG WILL APPEAR.
    Choose to clear the entire log.

THE END.
    12-18-08 10:25 PM
    soooooooooooo sick
    12-18-08 10:34 PM
    Part of what I do for a living including Software Sanity Testing from the side of the actual USER (in healthcare) so I love taking new software & just pressing buttons lol (actually called workflow testing). So early adoption is like crack to Whitney for me, Irresistible!!!
    If you haven't noticed it yet... the buttons 'L' and 'G' turn into / and " when you hit !?123. When you hit !?123 you will also see a little alt box in the top right.

I'm sorry if you actually did press random buttons until you found this out, but there is a system:

To do ALT LGLG, or ALT EACE, you just have to memorize where the 'L' 'G' or the 'E' 'A' 'C' keys physically are on the keyboard. When you press and hold the !?123 key, type in that key sequenced that you just memorized.

In other words:
    a = *
    b = ?
    c = 9
    d = 5
    e = 2
    f = 6
    g = /
    h = :
    i = -
    j = ;
    k = '
    l = "
    etc.

I'm a blackberry newbie, so I don't know any other ALT commands... I did however catch this pattern...
    12-18-08 10:47 PM
    very nice find. thanks a lot
    12-18-08 11:04 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD