So, i was playing around with my Storm that i got 2 weeks ago and love btw and i was going to send an email to someone. I had my finger sitting on the period button and i noticed that after about 2 seconds, the ( ... ) button showed up. Keep in mind that i'm TOTALLY new to the storm. So i thought, cool, i can use this insted of hitting the period button multiple times. I pushed the ( ... ) buttom and low and be hold, my camera turned on and was showing over about half of my screen with the email in the back ground . I couldn't figure out how to turn it off (even after hitting the end button several times) so i took my battery out. I tried the same thing again to see what i could learn from it and i found out that in order to turn the camera off after it was turned on during this glitch, you have to back out to the main screen, and find your camera icon button, click it and turn the cameron ON and then turn it off and it will go away and back to normal operations. i thought it might just be my BB, but i tried it last night on my g/f's BB and it did the same thing. Anyone else having this problem? Who do i email this info to so that the word can get back to the OS operators / creators?
    03-27-09 08:53 AM
    �. Just worked fine for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:58 AM
    Just tried this on my phone. No camera came up...
    03-27-09 09:22 AM

Seems to work for me too� I'd suggest trying it again, maybe you hit the camera convenience key on accident.

03-27-09 09:35 AM
    You probably had the camera app running in the background most likely.

Did you pull the app switcher to see what apps you had running?
    03-27-09 09:36 AM
    Nah that happen to me before while txting I upgraded os and no more issue. What I dod to fix it then was hold the camera bottom to activate camera and then close it.

03-27-09 09:37 AM
    Nope..no camera here but every once in a while my Storm would talk to me ask me to "say a command" while it sitting on my desk..weird
    03-27-09 09:42 AM
    No camera for me.
    03-27-09 09:49 AM
    None here... and I use the "..." a lot when texting.
    03-27-09 10:47 AM
    Nope..no camera here but every once in a while my Storm would talk to me ask me to "say a command" while it sitting on my desk..weird
    lol, that' happened to me a few times
    03-27-09 10:49 AM
    So, i was playing around with my Storm that i got 2 weeks ago and love btw and i was going to send an email to someone. I had my finger sitting on the period button and i noticed that after about 2 seconds, the ( ... ) button showed up. Keep in mind that i'm TOTALLY new to the storm. So i thought, cool, i can use this insted of hitting the period button multiple times. I pushed the ( ... ) buttom and low and be hold, my camera turned on and was showing over about half of my screen with the email in the back ground . I couldn't figure out how to turn it off (even after hitting the end button several times) so i took my battery out. I tried the same thing again to see what i could learn from it and i found out that in order to turn the camera off after it was turned on during this glitch, you have to back out to the main screen, and find your camera icon button, click it and turn the cameron ON and then turn it off and it will go away and back to normal operations. i thought it might just be my BB, but i tried it last night on my g/f's BB and it did the same thing. Anyone else having this problem? Who do i email this info to so that the word can get back to the OS operators / creators?
    I'm on OS 113 and the triple dot puts in a triple dot. No camera
    03-27-09 11:55 AM
    That happened to me the first night I had my Storm. I had to just take out the bat, and it hasn't happened since. Weird though.
    03-27-09 12:18 PM
    running .75, no camera
    03-27-09 12:20 PM
    no camera...but i never knew about the ... trick. i use ...all the time too.

niiiiice... <----see
    03-27-09 12:28 PM
    Never happened to me. Thanks for the � tip� luv it!

03-27-09 12:48 PM
    hey...mine doesnt show the option to ... in portrait or landscape mode...what os is everyone running?
    03-27-09 12:53 PM
    i find it faster to just push the period button 3 times instead of waiting for the symbol to come up

oh and by the way, the (...) is called an Ellipsis
    03-27-09 12:58 PM
    This could be user error, if one of you convienence keys on the right or left side is set to camera you could accidently be pushing it. I've done it a few times myself.
    03-27-09 01:09 PM
    I'm on OS 113 and the triple dot puts in a triple dot. No camera
    Running .75 here and didn't have the problem. I do get the "say a command" every so often though.
    03-27-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD