I was researching a little online which led me to Boost Mobile's website. I don't know if this actually means anything legit...

I posted a topic "Need help saving $$$..." below this one on this board and basically I have gotten a unlocked BB Storm 9530 (bought of Ebay- was "new" and originally a Verizon issued BB.)

Anyway, I found this on the BM site:

$60 BLACKBERRY� MONTHLY UNLIMITED: Requires activation of a Boost CDMA-Series Blackberry. Voice service operates on the Nationwide Sprint network & web services provided by the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network with 3G EVDO Rev-0 Sprint speeds in certain coverage areas.

So does this mean my Storm can be used with Boost now? I went to Ntelos and they are a "no-go"...the girl even called in to ask for me. So I guess I can cross Ntelos Frawg off my list.
    08-31-10 08:02 PM
    If the unlock works.
    The only problem is that storm has a simcard. I believe.
    Unless I'm thinking of the 9550.
    08-31-10 10:06 PM
    It is easier to use gsm carriers with the storm unlocked. Such as t-mobile or at&t. Boost has a sim card but that will not let the 9530 work on their network. I think it may be possible to flash but I'm not 100 percent on it. I do know boost is owned by sprint/nextel if I'm not mistaken and they will not allow the blackberry storm to work with them. Sorry, but I don't think it will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 10:15 PM
    What he said.

I meant to say Unlock though.

Ultimatly I don't think it will work.

08-31-10 10:17 PM
    MetroPCS also has the $60/month deal for Blackberry.

There's a thread like this but for MetroPCS. I think they are part of Verizon too so that's probably why it'll be easier, not positive though. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this?

Anyway, here's the link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...tropcs-179956/
    09-01-10 03:31 AM
    MetroPCS also has the $60/month deal for Blackberry.

There's a thread like this but for MetroPCS. I think they are part of Verizon too so that's probably why it'll be easier, not positive though. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this?

Anyway, here's the link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...tropcs-179956/
    No they are a seperate cdma carrier, but you are correct the storm will work on metro pcs. Here is the kicker though, after having your phone flashed to metro (usually have to pay someone for that step), metro will not activate the phone as a blackberry. They want you to buy their blackberry so paying 50-60 dollars for the plan would be useless. Also you will not be able to use the apps from rim, like facebook, myspace, etc. That is because, while you can get the slow wap internet on your device, you won't be using bis because the phone is not a blackberry in their system. But for 40 bucks a month, people have gotten the unlimited talk, text, pic messaging, and web; so not such a bad deal, just the web will be slower than the 3g. It wouldn't be so bad if the storm 1 had wifi so at least in some spots you can have fast internet. Hope that helps clear up some things.

09-01-10 09:30 AM
    If you thin about it this way, I pay HALF the 40 bucks just to have unlimited texting, haha. My calling plan costs $35 dollars for 450 minutes and at this point I still don't have web or texting, add $20 for texting and $25 for web I come out to $80 before taxes..... So for half the price you will get all the features I get, just not the native blackberry apps. In 6 months I will pay for phone service what you would in a whole year! Kinda makes me sad haha.

I do get 14% off though through a corporate account so it is really like $73 and some change or something but point is made, going to metro will save you money. Another thing too, don't upgrade the os after it is flashed or you will have to reflash it again.

09-01-10 09:38 AM
    Thanks Thanontos for the clarification. I didn't read the whole thread before I linked it. I would love to save money as I'm paying $126/month for 700min family plan w/ only 2 phones...
    09-01-10 11:14 AM
    No problem, I actually read 90 percent of that thread as I was thinking of cost cutting with my storm a few months ago. I had the programs I needed to flash the phone but was missing the service books for metro pcs. I messaged a few people that said the previously had them but no response as of yet. Then however comes the torch and it looks like I'm stuck with the pricing of the plans as it is $325 to cancel. You can try switching your plans over to a priemere/corporate account if your business is on their list. Verizon takes off 20 percent so you can bring your bill down to a little under $100 bucks. I'm assuming you only have 1 smart phone that requires internet as when I had it with two phones I was paying $140ish. If your out of contract with verizon, metro isn't a bad option if you can get someone to flash your phone over. Just beware, I see a lot of metro blackberry services on craigslist just don't falll into a scam as it is common. Ask someone at a metro store, most reps will tell you no, but the ones that know how will probably do it for ya for 30-40 bucks and put the phone into the system, just not as a blackberry.

09-01-10 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD