I found a blackberry storm while at work.
    I had another person with a storm put there simcard into it to see if they can access there voicemail, they couldn't. The phone is 'registered or set' to the specific person phone number. Is there a way I can delete this registration and to be able to sell the phone.
    (I've also 'reformatted' or 'restored' it in the options)
    I'm also not sure which blackberry model it is.

Thanks!
    04-03-09 10:54 PM
    This should be fun.
    04-03-09 10:56 PM
    how about just doing the right thing?

Commence the fire bombing!
    04-03-09 10:58 PM
    This was the wrong place to come w/ this issue. They don't take too kindly to those who find cell phones. Sorry man.
    04-03-09 10:58 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-03-09 10:59 PM
    Report it to Verizon and the Police...They will find the owner

or try and sell it...

and be hated by everyone here.

EDIT: What do you mean you're not sure what model it is? Didn't you just say it was a Storm?
    04-03-09 10:59 PM
    YES!

Thankfully there is a way to delete "this registration"

Find the owner of said phone, tell him/her what you tried to do and that you restored the phone, get your *** kicked, go home in shame

Dumbass
    04-03-09 11:01 PM
    Maybe you should send out a company-wide email saying "found:cell phone. Identify withe correct phone number and I'll return it like the honest person that I am."
    Or, you could call the number, see what the name is on the voicemai, and take it to their cubical or office.

04-03-09 11:04 PM
    Dude! You gots to be joking. There is no way you can activate that phone on another account. You're dealing with Verizon...they don't use SIM cards. Best thing you should do is return it to the store so they can contact the owner. Don't be a dummy and have it traced back to you.
    04-03-09 11:05 PM
    LOL @ Trying to change a SIM card to get it to work.
    This person has Got to be under 16 years old.
    Thats even an insult to 15 year olds

This person has got to be under 12 years old
    04-03-09 11:07 PM
    not returning that to the owner is like taking away someones wife. You don't wnat to be in that situation would you. Especially if t's yours being taken.

Do the right thing brother
    04-03-09 11:09 PM
    This is probably the 5th thread on this subject that I have read... in the past week! What the he** is wrong with these people??? Ugh.
    04-03-09 11:10 PM
    I am LMAO at how some people automatically think that this is the normal/right thing to do.

Not a speck of shame to be found.

I think I smell smoke already...

04-03-09 11:10 PM
    LOL @ Trying to change a SIM card to get it to work.
    This person has Got to be under 16 years old.
    Thats even an insult to 15 year olds

This person has got to be under 12 years old
    Lol. The SIM card thing made me laugh also. I guess they haven't heard of having a phone on Verizon(if it really is a Storm).

Edit: I wonder how many people will actually get this.
    04-03-09 11:11 PM
    wow to think there is someone like you lurking around my terminal, plotting and scamming on how to find a high dollar device and try to sell it for pure profit.

hey i got an idea, if you need the extra cash go sell some sperm, or go back to school and get a better job ****!

what you just said here has got to be the absolute dumbest thing i have ever read and i would personally love for that to be my phone you have just so i could walk all over your face!

wake up and do the right thing jacka-s-s! return the phone to verizon or find the owner becasue its gonna get black listed anyways and then someone that you sold it to is gonna hunt you down and walk on your face anyways so either way you look at it the best thing to do is the right thing!
    04-03-09 11:15 PM
    Hey dumbass, don't come around here no more.
    04-03-09 11:17 PM
    Why are we seeing some many "found storm" threads lately? Trolls coming out?
    04-03-09 11:18 PM
    wow to think there is someone like you lurking around my terminal, plotting and scamming on how to find a high dollar device and try to sell it for pure profit.

hey i got an idea, if you need the extra cash go sell some sperm, or go back to school and get a better job ****!

what you just said here has got to be the absolute dumbest thing i have ever read and i would personally love for that to be my phone you have just so i could walk all over your face!

wake up and do the right thing jacka-s-s! return the phone to verizon or find the owner becasue its gonna get black listed anyways and then someone that you sold it to is gonna hunt you down and walk on your face anyways so either way you look at it the best thing to do is the right thing!

well said! also, ARE U STUPID?! this forum is called CRACKberry-- u must be in search of crack and got confused. lol
    04-03-09 11:19 PM
    not returning that to the owner is like taking away someones wife. You don't wnat to be in that situation would you. Especially if t's yours being taken.

Do the right thing brother
    This is influential.
    04-03-09 11:19 PM

You could try.
    04-03-09 11:20 PM
    You could try.
    son, dont do that, alot of little boys like you run their mouths and you know as well as i do you will never step foot in front of me and vice versa, so dont try and be a harda-s-s.

unless u are walking around with an AK-47 you really dont scare me i have seen and done more in my life than you could ever think of doing, just crawl back in your hole and sell your black listed phone and reap the profit for a day til the cops show up!
    04-03-09 11:24 PM
    Sorry you were in the army. You're tuff, now. Another hormone raged internet forum poster.

Again, you could try.
    04-03-09 11:30 PM
    Why are we seeing some many "found storm" threads lately? Trolls coming out?
    Maybe one or two are real. The rest are just people that want to agitate the masses. And judging by the post count on theses threads, are succeeding.

I love to see the torches and pitchforks come out as much as the next guy, but this is getting ridiculous. Everybody has a piece of mind, or a piece of morality to give. It's a beautiful thing.
    04-03-09 11:35 PM
    Sorry you were in the army. You're tuff, now. Another hormone raged internet forum poster.

Again, you could try.
    no not really, being in the army dont make you tuff, and its not an internet rage thing, you are seriously just being a complete dumbass to even come in here and ask that stupid question, what kind of response did you think you would get?

honestly now, you sound like you have a s-h-i-t job and a s-h-i-t life so if it makes you feel good to run your mouth to me then go right ahead, if it makes you feel good to put a now stolen phone on ebay or craigslist then go ahead, but you have to understand that there will be consequences to your actions and you better be ready to accept whats coming to you!

we are not talking a cheap little razor or env here we are talking about a big money phone that someone worked hard for and you just wanna p-i-s-s it away for some cash, in my opinion your a loser and deserve whatever you get!
    04-03-09 11:35 PM
    no not really, being in the army dont make you tuff, and its not an internet rage thing, you are seriously just being a complete dumbass to even come in here and ask that stupid question, what kind of response did you think you would get?

honestly now, you sound like you have a s-h-i-t job and a s-h-i-t life so if it makes you feel good to run your mouth to me then go right ahead, if it makes you feel good to put a now stolen phone on ebay or craigslist then go ahead, but you have to understand that there will be consequences to your actions and you better be ready to accept whats coming to you!

we are not talking a cheap little razor or env here we are talking about a big money phone that someone worked hard for and you just wanna p-i-s-s it away for some cash, in my opinion your a loser and deserve whatever you get!
    You raged?
    04-03-09 11:37 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD