ok so here is my delima. i work for att and use an iphone for work. i use verizon service, BB storm as my personal line. at work i am not allowed to carry a verizon phone or any non att phone for that matter while on the floor working. i can answer phone calls/ text/ emails at work as long as it doesnt interfere with my work so i forward my calls from Verizon to att during work so i can have everything in one. is there a way to forward my sms to my att phone tho?

now i found this link of the wonderful Google site, but i cant find any more info about this
    A method of forwarding text messages, a mobile telecommunications network, a register for a mobile telecommunications network, and a mobile telecommunications terminal - Patent EP1294201

is there a third party app or cpu program or something i can do for this?
    the way i see it as i would recieve a text on my storm and it would just auto forward to my iphone by using a text. i dont care if it uses 2 text in this process because i have unlimited text anyway so thats not an issue i just wont to be able have access to my personal text all in one place.
    06-02-09 05:56 PM
    here's an easy solution....

make a career change and work for Verizon instead.
    =)
    sorry couldn't resist.
    To my knowledge tho, there isn't a way to forward sms or mms
    06-02-09 11:09 PM
    beat me too it lol
    06-02-09 11:13 PM
    ok so here is my delima. i work for att and use an iphone for work. i use verizon service, BB storm as my personal line. at work i am not allowed to carry a verizon phone or any non att phone for that matter while on the floor working. i can answer phone calls/ text/ emails at work as long as it doesnt interfere with my work so i forward my calls from Verizon to att during work so i can have everything in one. is there a way to forward my sms to my att phone tho?

now i found this link of the wonderful Google site, but i cant find any more info about this
    A method of forwarding text messages, a mobile telecommunications network, a register for a mobile telecommunications network, and a mobile telecommunications terminal - Patent EP1294201

is there a third party app or cpu program or something i can do for this?
    the way i see it as i would recieve a text on my storm and it would just auto forward to my iphone by using a text. i dont care if it uses 2 text in this process because i have unlimited text anyway so thats not an issue i just wont to be able have access to my personal text all in one place.

Never heard of anything.. I thought I seen an app for an auto responder, like an away message on AIM, but I could be wrong. You could set that to tell them to respond to your AT&T phone..

I'll search for it and see if I can find it again.. I have a feeling the app doesn't exist though, and i'm mixing it up with something else.
    06-02-09 11:44 PM
    Nope, I was right. "I'mBusy SMS, Pin, And Email AutoResponder"

I'mBusy SMS, PIN, and Email AutoResponder, v.1.13 : BlackBerry Pearl : Handango

That might work... It won't forward them to you, but it will tell the person that texted you to use the other phone.
    06-02-09 11:51 PM
    Nope, I was right. "I'mBusy SMS, Pin, And Email AutoResponder"

I'mBusy SMS, PIN, and Email AutoResponder, v.1.13 : BlackBerry Pearl : Handango

That might work... It won't forward them to you, but it will tell the person that texted you to use the other phone.
    great app but sadly as it says it wont work with CDMA Blackberrys

I'mBusy SMS, PIN, and Email AutoResponder sends customizable auto replies to incoming messages. NOT AVAILABLE FOR 8830, 8130 and CDMA BlackBerrys.
    06-03-09 12:09 AM
    Ehh.. I read that too. I keep forgetting Verizon is CDMA.. I should know this for as many Verizon reps i showed up..
    06-03-09 12:26 AM
    Ehh.. I read that too. I keep forgetting Verizon is CDMA.. I should know this for as many Verizon reps i showed up..
    wish it worked would work great for me at work but oh well what can you do lol
    06-03-09 12:28 AM
    Complain until it does? It works quite well for my "Lady Friend".

I'm sure if an App Request was made, someone might know how to make it work..
    06-03-09 12:37 AM
    uhhh....unlock it and use your SIM while you're at work, but then "accidentally" leave it in CDMA mode? lol...

EDIT: i know you can't use a non-att phone on the floor, so my suggestion is purely for humor.
    06-03-09 01:01 AM

=)
    sorry couldn't resist.

+1
    awesome answer!!!
    06-03-09 01:38 AM

=)
    sorry couldn't resist.
    this is definitely the best answer. i just wish it was that easy.

it just seems like this wouldnt be a tough task i cant belive know one has figured out a way around this
    06-03-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD