I took a picture with my Storm this afternoon. My wife and kids wanted me to send it to them. When I try to do so, while it shows up in the media center, it does not show up when I try to attach it to a MMS.

I looked at the properties of the picture and it says "forward locked." I have tried to copy it, move it, etc and all I get is "file already exists."

I have not password protections on the picture and cannot even find an option where I could have flipped a switch.

None of the other pictures I have taken with this phone have had this issue, and one I took after did not.

Any thoughts...?

b.b.
    (yea I searched the forums, even GOOGLE, nothing meaningful emerged)
    01-18-09 04:29 PM
    Is it on your card or on your device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 05:06 PM
    Is it on your card or on your device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry, it is on the card. Yea, I suppose I could use a card reader. I'm just stumped by this restriction.

b.b.
    01-18-09 06:11 PM
    did anyone figure out what caused this? Cause the exact same thing just happened to me
    01-30-09 11:36 PM
    What resolution are you taking the pictures at? I'm pretty sure MMS is limited to the 640x480 option for sending.
    01-31-09 12:00 AM
    I doubt that has anything to do with it. Ive taken lots of pics, and never adjusted any settings. Its just this one that has a lock on it. Pic cannot be viewed in the DM either.

File looks like this....

blablabla.jpg.rem

its the .rem extension thats killing me.
    01-31-09 12:13 AM
    i had the same issue today. took a pic in highest setting, it now shows the little lock icon on the pic and i cant email it or mms it. im running .99 please help.....thanks in advance
    02-03-09 04:17 PM
    Do you have encryption turned on for your media card?
    02-03-09 04:32 PM
    what version are you running? Also, I can send any size picture on .75 no problems
    02-03-09 04:44 PM
    nope encryption is set to none.
    02-03-09 05:12 PM
    I need help with this issue also. I have the latest OS for the 8310, none of the other pictures have the lock and they are a lot bigger. I cant find a solution. encryption is not on.
    04-24-09 01:05 PM
    Just got off the phone with Canadian Beth at Blackberry Tech Support. They don't have an explanation as to why only one image has the lock. (I have the issue on my phone.) She claims that the only way it can happen is if Encryption is turned on. The Encryption setting on my phone is under Options, Security Settings, then Encryption, but it is already Disabled. She said there is no way to unlock or decrypt the image...we are just SOL.
    09-30-10 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD