I�m new to these forums but I'd like to post a suggestion.

There are going to be a ton of new users (like me) frequenting these forums more and more now. I suggest making "sub-forums" to the Blackberry Storm Forum Main Page.

For Example:

Hardware Discussions, Software / OS Discussions, Applications, Accessories, etc...

(Also Sticky's in particular sections could inform users to post relevant data in conjunction with their posts, i.e. in the hardware section a user should also post their revision or batch number, software section their OS version as well as computer OS version, etc...)

This could generally lead to diagnosing problems a lot faster, for example the hardware click problem and its particualr effected models.

This might make scanning through posts a lot easier for people as well as more efficient. I�m refreshing the forum board every 2 minutes and it seems 6 threads are created every time. (Maybe it�s just this particular moment.)

Just a suggestion after all. I hope to receive my Storm soon (upgraded from a Treo 700wx) and contribute to this community.

-Pat
    12-03-08 04:52 PM
    Instead of having 15+ Stickies this might be a good idea. (Only 1 Bump from me in case a mod didn't see it.)

Just my .02
    12-04-08 09:09 PM
    I also agree that sub-forums is the right idea. The forum has reached a critical size and has to be divided for ease of use.
    12-04-08 09:11 PM
    I�m new to these forums but I'd like to post a suggestion.

There are going to be a ton of new users (like me) frequenting these forums more and more now. I suggest making "sub-forums" to the Blackberry Storm Forum Main Page.

For Example:

Hardware Discussions, Software / OS Discussions, Applications, Accessories, etc...

(Also Sticky's in particular sections could inform users to post relevant data in conjunction with their posts, i.e. in the hardware section a user should also post their revision or batch number, software section their OS version as well as computer OS version, etc...)

This could generally lead to diagnosing problems a lot faster, for example the hardware click problem and its particualr effected models.

This might make scanning through posts a lot easier for people as well as more efficient. I�m refreshing the forum board every 2 minutes and it seems 6 threads are created every time. (Maybe it�s just this particular moment.)

Just a suggestion after all. I hope to receive my Storm soon (upgraded from a Treo 700wx) and contribute to this community.

-Pat
    I posted almost the same thing about 5-6 months ago..... Weird how people start seeing things now..........
    12-04-08 09:24 PM
    i know that this would be more helpful per each device... but if you go to the main forums screen it has those categories already
    12-04-08 09:27 PM
    yeah i posted this suggestion twice already...
    12-04-08 09:27 PM
    I personally wouldn't make any drastic changes quite yet...

let things go for a bit to see just how long this continues...

There is a ton of time that forums get hit hard right away then settle down to whats considered average

also making multiple sections of a forum results in more topics being posted in the wrong area ... which is already a common problem on here..

I am not saying the idea is bad but I thought there was actually a dedicated page on crackberry for the storm. Filling a complete page out on it might be a better solution..

Just my 2 cents.
    12-04-08 09:30 PM
    i wrote about this just yesterday actually:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...ml#post1099798

the main problem is discerning true newbs from those who arn't.

i only joined on october 30th so i'm technically a newb, but my post count is over 300 so i'm "not." but then u have plenty people on this forum who have signed up for over a year with very few posts b/c they just take in the information. i was on crackberry for a year b4 i signed up so just b/c i signed up in oct makes me a noob?

the main thing is forum etiquette, and in all honesty, that link i posted prior really emphasizes how to act in a forum. b/c it's so good, i'm gonna post it again

Many "noobs" don't even know that there is a search feature, I'd advise a sticky on how to search.

The other problem is that there is so much info in this subforum alone, it's difficult to search and read thru the posts. I try to read each page, but it's so very difficult.

Check the postings and u'll see 5 or 10 posts per minute sometimes which is just insane to try to filter thru.

The only thing i can possibly think of is making submenus in the storm forum:

IE:
    general talk
    software questions
    app questions
    hardware questions
    accessories

and so forth.

when a person starts a new thread, just have them click the most appropriate section.

either way, i love this forum!!

edit: lol @ 7:24 there were 7 new postings...
    12-04-08 09:31 PM
    I personally wouldn't make any drastic changes quite yet..
    you're writh noaim, the reason for the crazy disorganization is b/c of the new release of the phone and subsequent influx of new users. many of which have signed up only recently (such as myself). after the initial orders FINALLY get filled and the updates go thru, the traffic and questions should decrease.

i mean just look at when don posted the leak, it had some 150k views or so in just a few days.
    12-04-08 09:33 PM
    All good suggestions, however it comes down to user responsibility. As long people are able to make threads, there will be repetative and stupid threads. Take that away and there is no forum. It's not a perfect design but it's still the best I frequent. Hence the half million members we boast (and complain) about.....2�
    12-04-08 09:35 PM
    i agree with noaim...
    there are areas for these topics already in the main forums page.we should start using them.
    12-04-08 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD