Had to send my Storm (since 19th Nov 08) away for repair, the screen click went from good to bad in three weeks. Vodafone Uk gave me a Sharp GX17 as a courtesy phone.

I had been told not to expect a Storm, but would a Pearl have been out of order? That's what I expected, and to be confronted with a thickofone that's worse than my 2001 Sony Ericcson T68i is astounding. I put in a 600 Smartphone and get a POS 10 "thing" that's not worthy of my SIM card!

1). Should Vodafone have tried harder?
    2). It's not exactly a balance of equity.
    3). Sod that. I'm charging my Centro. Versamail and Blazer might be crap, but they're better than nothing, and I'll still be using Voda's data network. Stick it to the man lol
    4). Because of all this, I'm going to clog up Voda's data net a bit more, but I'm not going to go over my allowance. Who's the winner here then?
    5). I don't know what to do for the next week!
    6). I want my Storm back...

Already the withdrawal is setting in.
    Stu.
    02-14-09 05:13 PM
    Had to send my Storm (since 19th Nov 08) away for repair, the screen click went from good to bad in three weeks. Vodafone Uk gave me a Sharp GX17 as a courtesy phone.

I had been told not to expect a Storm, but would a Pearl have been out of order? That's what I expected, and to be confronted with a thickofone that's worse than my 2001 Sony Ericcson T68i is astounding. I put in a 600 Smartphone and get a POS 10 "thing" that's not worthy of my SIM card!

1). Should Vodafone have tried harder?
    2). It's not exactly a balance of equity.
    3). Sod that. I'm charging my Centro. Versamail and Blazer might be crap, but they're better than nothing, and I'll still be using Voda's data network. Stick it to the man lol
    4). Because of all this, I'm going to clog up Voda's data net a bit more, but I'm not going to go over my allowance. Who's the winner here then?
    5). I don't know what to do for the next week!
    6). I want my Storm back...

Already the withdrawal is setting in.
    Stu.
    Damn. I'm glad Voda don't exist over here in the free world. 2 months? Seriously? Eff that. You seriously need to take control of the situation......unless you're into being a doormat.......
    02-14-09 09:27 PM
    jeez you shoulda' just demanded a new Storm. Any phone that has a button crap out after 3 weeks is just defective.
    02-14-09 11:12 PM
    To be honest, I would rather send mine in for repair for a week if it were to break than risk having a replacement sent to me that may have other problems. But, I'm rather attached to my Storm.

I don't know what a Sharp GX17 is though. Sounds bad! I have a perfectly good Samsung flip phone I could use if my Storm were down. I used it for nearly two years, so I think I could handle a week with it.

Hope they get it fixed up good for ya...that's the important thing.
    02-15-09 01:40 AM
    I should have been clearer - My Storm went away for repair yesterday (14 Feb 2009) and I can expect it back next Friday (20th).

Having used the phone they gave me, boy am I glad I kept the Centro - using that instead now. How can anyone write an email using t9???

Stu.
    ---
    Posted using my laptop cuz I'm out of crack...
    02-15-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD