ALL my folders (pics,vids,music,ringtones) get deleted off my 8gb SD card under the Device Memory folder everytime i go back in the folders to put more stuff on them... what do you think this can be and how can i fix it?? the weird thing is when i browse folders on my phone there still there,but dont show up on the computer?? idk how or why

its been doin it since day 1

i just go into My Computer>Blackberry Storm 9530>Media Card and drag and drop all my pics, vids, music etc.

Typo in title: Folders keep deleting off my SD card but still show up on my phone!! HELP
    Last edited by mxrider821; 01-04-09 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo
    01-04-09 12:08 PM
    Turn on Mass Storage Mode.
    01-04-09 12:09 PM
    When your phone is connected to the computer, anything you're transferring to the phone won't show up on the phone unless the phone is disconnected. Is that what you're talking about?
    01-04-09 12:10 PM
    noo, im saying when i try to go back in the folder later my folders arent there its like there deleted but there not cuz there still on my phone just not showing up on the computer... sry its hard to explain

and i do have mass storage on. idk what else to do
    01-04-09 12:25 PM
    Are you dragging to F: or G:?
    01-04-09 12:34 PM
    there is no f or g on mine its just a blackberry 9530 icon phone than when i click on that theres 2 folders Device Memory or Media Card
    01-04-09 12:45 PM
    there is no f or g on mine its just a blackberry 9530 icon phone than when i click on that theres 2 folders Device Memory or Media Card
    What is the os of the pc you're running?
    Did you try to rename the card?
    01-04-09 01:00 PM
    how do i find what the OS is? i got .75

and it wont let me rename the card i just tried
    01-04-09 01:04 PM
    Turn on Mass Storage Mode.
    That is the solution. Do this and the memory card will show as a drive on My Computer' browse down the tree till you find a documents folder, your stuff should all be in there.
    01-04-09 01:42 PM
    This seems to be a common problem I see listed on the official blackberry message boards. The problem is arising from Vista recognizing the device before it recognizes the drives. This problem doesn't happen every time (I never had the problem on my computer) but it seems to be coming up for more users every day. The solution I gave to the people there is already half in this thread. What I told them to do was make sure they had the following options: Media Card Support ON, Encryption Mode OFF, MTP ON, Mass Storage ON, Auto Enable Mass Storage PROMPT. The last one to prompt is the most important because it will have the drives set as priority to be recognized first. If you say yes at the prompt it will give you the f and g drives and if you say no, it will give you the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD