anyone know of or tried a fm transmitter for their storm 2? i am in the market for one so i can play my playlists and pandora while on the road, about to make a long drive and well cant stand having to change stations so much....
    07-13-10 05:39 PM
    All depends on how much you wan to spend. The nicest is a Motorola BlueTooth one, but you can pick up something cheap from Radio Shack. What about using a headset? If you really want good sound out of your car stereo, you might try getting an audio shop to wire up an RCA Aux port to the unit you have.
    07-13-10 06:22 PM
    All depends on how much you wan to spend. The nicest is a Motorola BlueTooth one, but you can pick up something cheap from Radio Shack. What about using a headset? If you really want good sound out of your car stereo, you might try getting an audio shop to wire up an RCA Aux port to the unit you have.
    i have already gone down that route, unfortunately my stereo doesnt have a aux setting nor rca jacks in the back and the way my setup is in my car its alot of dough to put in a new stereo. fm transmitter is the cheapest route...i have a company truck that i drive daily and would like to take this transmitter between vehicles, my car i want to use it in because if anyone has ever driven from florida to michigan along i-75 they will know that music choices are not the greatest , nor is it my taste of music..
    07-13-10 06:28 PM
    btw i am going to best buy tomorrow to see what they have.. not sure if the ones for the apple i phone will work, all threads i have found say the older bb's use a 2.5 mm jack but the storm has a 3.5 mm 4 post jack..
    07-13-10 06:29 PM
    The Storm2 uses a standard 3.5mm jack, so it will work with most FM transmitters. But if you want something that will also give you speakerphone capabilities, check out the BlackBerry VM-605 Speakerphone. Trust me when I say it's worth it. I've been using it for the past year and it's so much better than using a bluetooth headset and it works very well with things like Pandora or the standard music player.
    07-13-10 06:55 PM
    The Storm2 uses a standard 3.5mm jack, so it will work with most FM transmitters. But if you want something that will also give you speakerphone capabilities, check out the BlackBerry VM-605 Speakerphone. Trust me when I say it's worth it. I've been using it for the past year and it's so much better than using a bluetooth headset and it works very well with things like Pandora or the standard music player.
    do they sell that at best buy? i looked on their site looks like they have alot to work with, some of them seem to have self chargers and some dont, with my work truck thats great because i have 3 ports to work with but my car only one so a trip to auto zone for a dual port adapter is in store as well thanks krypto
    07-13-10 06:59 PM
    If someone has recommendations for a reliable one that is reasonable (< $75) I'd consider it. My GM radio doesn't have jacks either, so I'd be interested in being able to use a transmitter.
    07-13-10 07:52 PM
    +1
    That's the setup I use.
    The Blackberry visor mount speakerphone (VM-605) is definitely worth the money. Streams music flawlessly
    07-13-10 11:22 PM
    I use this one from crutchfield and it works excellent. the only downfall is the little box that the 3.5mm headphone wire plugs into, its a bit unhandy but the power switch is nice. the whole setup is real easy as you dont need rca jacks, it just needs power, ground and your antenna Scosche FM-MOD02 Play your iPod&#174;, satellite radio, or portable music player through any car's FM radio at Crutchfield.com
    07-14-10 08:18 AM
    Motorola T505. Works through bluetooth and broadcasts music and phone over FM.
    07-14-10 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD