At my job I'm in and out of different vehicles quite a bit, for 8 hours at a crack. Most of them don't have tape players or AUX jacks, so this leaves me scrambling for a solution to play music from my Storm in the car.

With my previous MP3 player (euphemism ) I was able to find a combination car charger / FM transmitter that plugged into a 12v outlet. But I don't think such a thing exists for the Storm, does it?

Anyone heard of anything like that? I could just use a generic FM transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack, I suppose... but the best ones all require a 12V outlet, and I'm assuming that 8hours of media playing is going to take a serious toll on the Storm's battery, requiring a charge, requiring a second outlet... and a whole mess of cables... see where I'm going with this?

I wish my boss had splurged for bluetooth-capable audio packages in our fleet cars :X
    Last edited by pummer; 12-21-08 at 03:13 AM.
    12-21-08 03:00 AM
    you could always get a car charger and just stream music. I believe there is an application for this is the OTA thread
    12-21-08 03:04 AM
    If you don't mind carrying around an extra set of small speakers, there are portable bluetooth speakers. Some are powered by AA batteries. But you could also get an 12V adapter to power it too.
    12-21-08 03:57 AM
    I am using the Venturi Mini FM transmitter. You can plug it into your 12V port in the car and easyly connect your Storm via Bluetooth with the transmitter. To charge your phone at the same time the Venturi has an USB-Port where you can connect the USB-Cable delivered with your Storm to charge it.
    12-21-08 04:08 AM
    This one works really well. I highly recommend it. Remove space after www.

www. amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000WTM552/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v= glance
    12-21-08 04:44 AM
    I cant post URLs yet: so connect the dots http: //tinyurl.com /969xmz

There is an FM transmitter cradle there I found that looks nice made for the Storm.
    12-21-08 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD