02-24-09 11:06 AM
33 12
tools
    LOL This guy serious?
    02-24-09 01:57 AM
    I like the commercial where they're showing the music and the guys finger looks like he's trying to build up speed to flick and it just sticks. Even with a simulated screen it looked bad.
    02-24-09 02:25 AM
    could some please tellme what flick scrolling is because i can flick thru pics and emails with a swipe of my finger i am just wondering is this the same thing
    When you scroll through emails, in the browser etc... the scrolling stops the moment your finger lifts off the screen. With flick scrolling, the scrolling doesn't immediately stop, it keeps going kinda like there is some inertia keeping it going, and eventually it slows to a stop if you don't stop it yourself. You can even flick two or three times to speed it up and get it really movin quick.

It makes scrolling through long pages much quicker and easier.
    02-24-09 02:30 AM
    This video should help...at around 5 seconds in

02-24-09 02:36 AM
    Multi touch is definately possible for the Storm. I use it all of the time for my messages and E-mails.
    and copy and paste, 100% doable.
    02-24-09 02:38 AM
    isnt there two things at work in poynt?

momentum/flick scrolling which scrolls faster based on speed of flick gesture AND

rubberband scrolling, which does that awesome pop back action when you hit the end and does it more or less depending on speed. i like that better than momentmum even. its so nice to know you reached the end!
    02-24-09 02:55 AM
    another vote for this.

This is a major setback of navigation on the storm.

If this could be incorporated at the base OS level to affect every scrolling (Messages, emails, sms, contacts etc) I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you to anyone who tackes this!!
    02-24-09 09:09 AM
    Hmm, I'm not sure how this could be implemented into the OS from a third party. One thought is to have a scroll bar overlay (e.g. on the far right had side of the app) that can intercept the scrolling action and scroll the app below. The focus would have to be on the third party app, and it would have to be able to talk to the underlying app to adjust the scroll amount and speed. I'm still familiarizing myself with the RIM APIs, but my first guess is that this is still impossible with the APIs as they are.

Perhaps a much better use of time would be to create simple, open-source class that can be used to implement flick scrolling in any third party app. We all get a lot more flick scrolling, and the demand for it will be clear to RIM.
    02-24-09 11:06 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD