I know this has been discussed somewhere I'm sure, but has anyone pointed it out that Poynt uses momentum scrolling?
    F

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 11:30 AM
    Yeah ok. Everyone knows Storm is capable of flick scrolling. GMAIL app has done flick scrolling since it first came out back in November/December.

The more and more I use the phone, the less and less I desire flick scrolling. I just want a fast, smooth operating experience...
    02-12-09 11:36 AM
    I would love flick scrolling. When you have a lot of contacts and files for emails like I do it is very handy. This is one app I long for.

02-12-09 11:43 AM
    I would love flick scrolling. When you have a lot of contacts and files for emails like I do it is very handy. This is one app I long for.

2nded. I have over 300 contacts. I'd like to do a quick and easy flick instead of always typing out the name in the "find" window.

Would such an app be possible though? A way to make all the scrolling on the phone done by flick?
    02-12-09 11:50 AM
    the flick scrolling i think is going to end up being app dependant, unless RIM changes the behavior in the OS itself.
    02-12-09 12:14 PM
    AP News also flick scrolls.
    02-12-09 12:20 PM
    Is flick scrolling not patented by Apple? I thought it was. If that's the case, how about multi finger touch... That has to be a software deal too I would imagine. I bet there is a way around both of these, it just takes the right person to do the right research and have the right knowhow to get this done!
    02-12-09 12:21 PM
    Is flick scrolling not patented by Apple? I thought it was. If that's the case, how about multi finger touch... That has to be a software deal too I would imagine. I bet there is a way around both of these, it just takes the right person to do the right research and have the right knowhow to get this done!
    Also, if we could get multi touch working, I think we could easily be comparible to the IPhone and this would open SO MANY MORE options!
    02-12-09 12:22 PM
    flick scroll is essential. Especially for contacts / messages

i would love an app that could do this, if possible.
    02-12-09 01:38 PM
    They patented multi touch features such as pinch zooming, but not momentum scrolling.
    02-12-09 02:07 PM
    so does that mean the actual pinch zoom functions are the one patented but for instance, playing the piano on your screen and being able to press 2 keys at once is not patented? We could do without pinch zoom
    02-12-09 02:09 PM
    i'd like to see them implement flick scrolling. it would help a lot of people. :]
    02-12-09 02:11 PM
    flick scrolling is nice... its such a "clean" feature so to speak. Very pleasing to the eye especially when it works smoothly
    02-12-09 02:13 PM
    Sure flick scrolling is possible, it's actually quit easy to do too. You just get the last y value and the swipe value of where and how fast your finger left the screen. Then you just increase that value based off of the speed and stop the page based off of that calculation. It's simple to do really.
    02-12-09 02:26 PM
    DMG. Its app time, baby.

02-12-09 02:55 PM
    Yeah dmg, as if you aren't awesome enough for all the apps you have given us recently, if you can make an app to incorporate flick scrolling into the OS, it would be amazing.
    02-12-09 03:02 PM
    Sure flick scrolling is possible, it's actually quit easy to do too. You just get the last y value and the swipe value of where and how fast your finger left the screen. Then you just increase that value based off of the speed and stop the page based off of that calculation. It's simple to do really.
    That's nice to hear. Now, how hard would it be to implement it into the functions of the phone such as contacts, SMS scrolling, and options scrolling? If at all possible?
    02-12-09 03:22 PM
    If someone can do it, it'd be him.
    02-12-09 03:23 PM
    The main point of flick scrolling for me is speed. If I'm on a long webpage or scrolling through contacts, I want to flick it faster to scroll faster. Scrolling through a long webpage on BB browser is a chore. It's one of the reason I prefer Opera for general browsing (it has a scroll bar on the side).
    02-12-09 03:29 PM
    what ever happend with this dmg can u please do this !! i no your probly making those lock apps but this one would be amazing!
    02-23-09 06:41 PM
    DMG. Its app time, baby.

I 1up that!!!!!
    02-23-09 10:13 PM
    I think DMG can do it perfectly, the problem is integrating it into the OS
    I think that's the prob.
    02-23-09 10:29 PM
    Multi touch is definately possible for the Storm. I use it all of the time for my messages and E-mails.
    02-23-09 11:34 PM
    could some please tellme what flick scrolling is because i can flick thru pics and emails with a swipe of my finger i am just wondering is this the same thing
    02-23-09 11:43 PM
    If this was the same thing there wouldnt be so many people asking for it every week. youtube and then iphone. check it
    ok smart guy then give the explantion of what it exactly is then like i asked for or just politely sit and be quite ......

i seen the youtube quicklaunch video my phone does that
    Last edited by Mr.Push; 02-23-09 at 11:59 PM.
    02-23-09 11:56 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD