03-03-09 08:17 PM
34 12
tools
    It's possible to have flick scrolling on the Storm because in the AP News app you can flick scroll through the articles. Now if someone could just make that work for the rest of the phone....
    Was wondering when someone else would notice.
    02-28-09 11:06 PM
    Does anybody know about an app for flick scrolling. I use my storm for business and have 600 so contacts. Would be nice to flick scroll!
    I don't like the flick scrolling at all. In my humble opinion, the scrolling on the Storm is precise and I like it that way. 600 contacts is really nothing. I have over 1000 contacts on my phone.

If RIM can make the search text box to be wider or larger, it will make a world of difference. The current search text box is way too narrow to place your thumb on it. I have to click on it several times in order to bring up the keyboard for search.

Making it easier to search is more useful than flick scrolling.
    02-28-09 11:17 PM
    Lakewood's flick scrolling setting worked for me!!!! thanks for the hot tip!! Everybody should try it!
    02-28-09 11:19 PM
    It's possible to have flick scrolling on the Storm because in the AP News app you can flick scroll through the articles. Now if someone could just make that work for the rest of the phone....
    Yeah. Also works in VZ nav contacts.
    02-28-09 11:26 PM
    I don't like the flick scrolling at all. In my humble opinion, the scrolling on the Storm is precise and I like it that way. 600 contacts is really nothing. I have over 1000 contacts on my phone.

If RIM can make the search text box to be wider or larger, it will make a world of difference. The current search text box is way too narrow to place your thumb on it. I have to click on it several times in order to bring up the keyboard for search.

Making it easier to search is more useful than flick scrolling.
    Try touching the keyboard on the bottom left. its much easier the tapping the find bar.
    02-28-09 11:32 PM
    the youtube app has it if you hit menu and then help. There's not a lot of items in there, but the few that are it does some fancy scrolling.
    03-03-09 10:13 AM
    the youtube app has it if you hit menu and then help. There's not a lot of items in there, but the few that are it does some fancy scrolling.

hahah yeah it does. Makes me want to use it all the time just to do it lol. Someone really needs to make an ap that does this. They would make money off of it if they had it intergrate with the phone like another setting. That would be awesome!
    03-03-09 10:23 AM
    Is it possible for an app developer to make this feature integrate with the factory settings on the OS? IM willing to pay for this if someone made it. Im sure others are also.
    03-03-09 08:03 PM
    As it stands, this can only be done on a per application basis. If you wanted a similar feature in sometking like the contact list, you would need to rewrite the app and distribute it as a third party one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Mr. Spontaneous; 03-03-09 at 08:20 PM.
    03-03-09 08:17 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD