Does anybody know about an app for flick scrolling. I use my storm for business and have 600 so contacts. Would be nice to flick scroll!
    02-27-09 06:11 PM
    No I would delete this thread befor somebody goes nuts on you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 06:13 PM
    *restrains himself from going nutty
    02-27-09 06:15 PM
    Does anybody know about an app for flick scrolling. I use my storm for business and have 600 so contacts. Would be nice to flick scroll!
    I have had my storm from the beginning. I have compared to a friends I phone and wouldn't touch an i phone if it was given to me. The only thing I even like is the scrolling feature, other than that storm is the way to go!
    02-27-09 06:21 PM
    I agree the scrolling would be nice, but doubtful!!!
    02-27-09 06:40 PM
    Try this

Options > Screen / Keyboard > Scrolling:

Set this option to rapid it's the same as flick scrolling

P.S. this method is untested and completely made up
    02-27-09 06:47 PM
    Try this

Thanks for the tip! I'll go pretend to try it out.
    02-27-09 06:48 PM
    Try this

LOL, I was this > < close to checking...
    02-27-09 06:50 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I'll go pretend to try it out.
    Let me know how it goes I'm too scared to try it on mine. RIM told me that flick scrolling would break the screen. They said the iPhone has a special flick scrolling ability.
    02-27-09 06:50 PM
    Let me know how it goes I'm too scared to try it on mine. RIM told me that flick scrolling would break the screen. They said the iPhone has a special flick scrolling ability.
    It works! Thanks
    02-27-09 06:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the Voyager has Flick scrolling. I don't believe it's only on the iPhone.
    02-27-09 07:20 PM
    Try this

you suck! I went to check
    02-27-09 07:23 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the Voyager has Flick scrolling. I don't believe it's only on the iPhone.
    Lol a few different phones have it. The BB can have it too if RIM decides to create / integrate it. I don't seem them every doing that though.
    02-27-09 07:24 PM
    Hahaha....
    02-27-09 07:24 PM
    works great, for Chuck Norris, his fingers are like lightening... the never strike the same place twice. (yes, this is an original by me)
    02-27-09 07:46 PM
    This thread makes me laugh
    02-27-09 07:47 PM
    That bar at the top of the contacts is for searching. Know who you want to talk to and search for them. If you really need to scroll through to find who you want to talk to you don't know who you want to talk to anyway and you should be scrolling slower so as not to miss someone you need to contact.
    02-27-09 09:16 PM
    That bar at the top of the contacts is for searching. Know who you want to talk to and search for them. If you really need to scroll through to find who you want to talk to you don't know who you want to talk to anyway and you should be scrolling slower so as not to miss someone you need to contact.
    hahaha well said
    02-27-09 10:11 PM
    That's acause yous is dumb

02-27-09 10:32 PM
    That's acause yous is dumb

Or tired. I started looking for it too before I saw the last line.

BTW,
    I would like flick scrolling because I have a ton of folders under my Inbox and this would make them easier to access. Its a pain to pull up the keyboard and start typing the name of the folder to try to access it quicker.
    02-27-09 10:36 PM
    Fine. This would be good if the contacts defaulted to "show keyboard" or even if there was a setting so you could have it ready. It pretty much is a PITA to find someone to call. This is a PHONE you know.
    02-28-09 06:53 AM
    explain how that will help with other menu's? like once the app store is up and going, we won't be able to just choose with the keyboard what icon we want in the menuscreen if we have like 50 different apps on there, also with pictures, once you accumulate a large amount of pictures the ability you refer to for the contacts will be useless there too. How about when we want to check email or sms messages from a month back because it contained an important bit of info we forgot to log? See, flick scrolling is not being requested just because people are lazy. It would be an asset.
    02-28-09 11:44 AM
    It's possible to have flick scrolling on the Storm because in the AP News app you can flick scroll through the articles. Now if someone could just make that work for the rest of the phone....
    02-28-09 12:03 PM
    explain how that will help with other menu's? like once the app store is up and going, we won't be able to just choose with the keyboard what icon we want in the menuscreen if we have like 50 different apps on there, also with pictures, once you accumulate a large amount of pictures the ability you refer to for the contacts will be useless there too. How about when we want to check email or sms messages from a month back because it contained an important bit of info we forgot to log? See, flick scrolling is not being requested just because people are lazy. It would be an asset.
    Your right and I can see how this would become a HUGE problem in the app center. It would make looking for simple apps so hard, I hope RIM comes up with a solution and i hope it involves flicking lol.
    02-28-09 12:29 PM
    Try this

Can I say that I don't like you very much? I didn't read your little disclaimer at the bottom until I tried this for 10 min.

Good one though.
    02-28-09 10:55 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD