If anyone knows anyone with a iPhone, chances are you've seen Flick Fishing or a game like like it. I'm not a big fishing person, but there's something about this game that's addictive. I mean yeah it's a game for the iPhone, but really should every game that can be played with the iPhone be able to be played on the Storm?
    I went to the site for Flick Fishing:
    Freeverse: Games: Flick Fishing

I asked them if they could develop this for the Storm. This was on Saturday, so i haven't gotten an answer back, so i'll have to see what they say. But i was thinking if enough people were interested, they may be more inclined to do it. So take a look at the link and if it's something you'd like to see on the Storm, please let them know. Also, take a look at their other apps and games. They seems to have a lot of good games and apps, but they're for the iPhone.

It's time for developers to start creating things for the iPhone and the Storm, i mean it's just going to increase their market.
    02-23-09 08:43 AM
    Have you gotten an email back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 09:09 AM
    I mean yeah it's a game for the iPhone, but really should every game that can be played with the iPhone be able to be played on the Storm?
    Why? I thought you download an application according to how useful and/or entertaining it is to you. I did not think that the two phones had to carry the same types of useless programs. If I see another Light Saber or Fart application for the Storm, I am going to throw my laptop against the wall.
    02-23-09 09:33 AM
    I have Flick Fishing for my iPod Touch and its awesome. I love fishing so of course I love it but I think it would be a great idea to have it on my Storm
    02-23-09 09:35 AM
    I agree this would be a sweet game, I love fishing as well!!
    02-23-09 10:21 AM
    One thing to consider that I've seen on this site is that the the Storm only has it's original 128MB of memory to host apps to begin with, and that's after the OS memory requirements, themes, etc. (someone correct me if I'm mistaken). Free space becomes a valuable commodity on the Storm very quickly.

The iPhone was built to use it's entire memory bank to run whatever - media, sms, email, and applications, which is why some of the iPhone apps are larger than the entire memory space available for apps on the Storm. That said, many of the iPhone apps will never come out for the Storm, unless RIM comes out with an OS that would somehow allow the 8GB or 16GB expansion cards to be used to host apps as well. In the end these two phones are two very different devices with different capabilities. Maybe the iPhone would be a better choice for you.
    02-23-09 10:37 AM
    I would buy this app for my storm. I just bought my fiance an iPod Touch and that program along with Labyrinth have been our favorites so far!
    02-23-09 12:16 PM
    I love my storm but I really doubt games would look this good and run this well on the storm.
    02-25-09 12:34 AM
    I'd enjoy catching a fish from home, or maybe I'll stand by the river for the full effect. We need more apps/games that use the accelerometer!
    02-25-09 12:38 AM
    Not to burst your dreams, but you're not going to get too many companies who will program for the storm. The iPhone uses a form of c++ and the storm uses a form of j2me. These are completely different programming languages.
    02-25-09 01:07 AM
    Why? I thought you download an application according to how useful and/or entertaining it is to you. I did not think that the two phones had to carry the same types of useless programs. If I see another Light Saber or Fart application for the Storm, I am going to throw my laptop against the wall.
    Well you should probably get a different Blackberry then, as this is exactly the type of stuff that the Storm will bring about... And RIM knew this and wanted a piece of the iPhone pie.

02-25-09 01:15 AM
    I just think the iphone apps set a standard of what a good touchscreen phone and apps can do. Storm users just want to know there's can do that and more. But you can't help see a game for a touch screen and if you like it not want it on your phone.
    02-25-09 05:19 AM
    I also would like to see Flick Fishing for the Storm. I asked the creators of this game if they would make it for the Storm and I haven't received an answer either. I did purchase the ESPN Bassmasters fishing game for the Storm but it doesn't come close to Flick Fishing.
    02-25-09 10:11 AM
    One thing to consider that I've seen on this site is that the the Storm only has it's original 128MB of memory to host apps to begin with, and that's after the OS memory requirements, themes, etc. (someone correct me if I'm mistaken). Free space becomes a valuable commodity on the Storm very quickly.

The iPhone was built to use it's entire memory bank to run whatever - media, sms, email, and applications, which is why some of the iPhone apps are larger than the entire memory space available for apps on the Storm. That said, many of the iPhone apps will never come out for the Storm, unless RIM comes out with an OS that would somehow allow the 8GB or 16GB expansion cards to be used to host apps as well. In the end these two phones are two very different devices with different capabilities. Maybe the iPhone would be a better choice for you.
    I agree, I don't think the Storm will be able to hold water to the iPhone when it comes to apps, games, etc... RIM missed a lot of things with the Storm. It seems the entire thing was rushed from conception to birth.
    02-25-09 10:14 AM
    Coming from Windows Mobile, I was shocked to find that a machine with 1gb of onboard memory and an expansion slot that will take up to 16gb can only load apps into a 128mb space that is shared with the OS (so really more like 40mb). It is just silly. I'm hoping that RIM comes out with an OS that focuses on the HW of the Storm rather than shoe horning in an old OS that just can't keep up with what the Storm is meant to be.

-Greg
    02-25-09 10:27 AM
    Still no word from the company that created Flick Fishing... But maybe if enough people email them, they'll at least respond back. But come on, what kind of business doesn't respond to emails? Especially one that's looking to bring them more business and money? I mean come on they sale the game for the iPhone for 99 cent... and we all know there's no way in... that's its going to be sold for the Storm at that price. I would see it at 2.99. But to have Flick Fishing on the storm, it would be so worth it.
    02-25-09 01:54 PM
    They'll most likely come up with a watered down version for the storm cuz that's all they can pretty much do

02-28-09 02:57 PM
    They'll most likely come up with a watered down version for the storm cuz that's all they can pretty much do

why would you say that? What about the storm hardware compared to the iphone tells you that it would be watered down? These are the kind of comments that make developers think twice.
    02-28-09 08:32 PM
    Well I do hope im wrong bro i love my storm. I was just saying that because i hear a lot that the iphone has more graphics power for running games. They do have some cool games tho and they run smooth. Im just waiting for the app store to see if they'll add games like that. Maybe i was just drunk when i posted that lol sorry
    03-02-09 09:34 PM
    I would love to see this game too. I agree that BB did want to go head to head with the IPhone and they should have expected the end user to want the same type of apps. What up with the limit on size of programs. 128 is just not enough when you have all that availible memory. Come on RIM!
    03-03-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD