Ok, so I downloaded the Flashlight 30 minutes app. Now I realize it was only a buck fitty, but ummm it doesn't really do anything. I could get the same result as this app by plainly turning my phone on. I thought it would turn on the LED on the back, but it doesn't unless I'm missing something. For a $1.50 I woulda rather bought a taquito.
    01-09-09 12:17 PM
    I think its stupid we have to buy an app to use it as a flashlight. Ive had many phones that have had this function built in!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 06:07 PM
    Yah no kiddin. I love this phone for what it can be but it's missing many things that we are having to buy to make it work right. Anyway, point is, this isn't an app I suggest anyone buy.
    01-10-09 09:09 AM
    I just went into video camera options and set the light to "on" so now ifI need a light I just open the video camera and the led light comes on. When your finished just close the app.
    Tim
    Last edited by wallpaperguy; 01-10-09 at 09:23 AM.
    01-10-09 09:20 AM
    Very easy to use as a flashlight...Put it in video camera..hit the bb button...options...then turn video light to on...back out and save...Now whenever you turn on the video camera the led will stay lit... Very easy to goto the options if you ever need to use the video camera without the light. Only bad thing is it changes from landscape or portrait or vise versa the light shuts off while its adjusting views...

Hope this helps you out
    01-10-09 09:20 AM
    Couldn't agree with you more. The flashlight app gives off less light that when the phone is on in any other mode, plus reduces the screen size by half. And the mirror? The app simply turns off the inadequate flashlight light so you're looking at your unlit screen--at half its normal size at that! Nice...waste of a buck and a half. At least id didn't cost too much to "see the light."

The video camera light looks light a lighthouse beacon in comparison--makes an excellent flashlight.
    01-14-09 01:56 PM
    Couldn't agree with you more. The flashlight app gives off less light that when the phone is on in any other mode, plus reduces the screen size by half. And the mirror? The app simply turns off the inadequate flashlight light so you're looking at your unlit screen--at half its normal size at that! Nice...waste of a buck and a half. At least id didn't cost too much to "see the light."

The video camera light looks light a lighthouse beacon in comparison--makes an excellent flashlight.
    Could be worse. You could have bought the Fart app for a buck fifty. According to the developer (Of course you only find this out after you buy the app and complain to them) it doesn't even work on Verizon's current Storm OS, even though they advertise it as Storm compatible. They tell you that it will work fine on the next official OS release, just be patient.
    01-14-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD