Hi, i have the storm 2, and a friend of mine have a ipod, he seem to be able to view all the flash animations on a website, while i cant on my storm 2, why is this and how do i solve it?
    04-13-10 09:29 PM
    because Blackberry's do not have flash just yet it's comming soon though...
    04-13-10 09:30 PM
    oh thats a bummer, any idea when it will come?
    04-13-10 09:39 PM
    As far as I understood it, the iphone can not do flash. Neither can the ipad for that matter. Jobs is against flash stating that it is not cutting edge and no reason to use it. I could be wrong, that was just how I understood it.
    04-13-10 09:45 PM
    No it cannot do flash. No ipod/iphone/ipad can... they say its coming.. but a lite version and it will only be for the latest iphone. Just like multitasking - only the newest gets it.
    04-13-10 10:41 PM
    No it cannot do flash. No ipod/iphone/ipad can... they say its coming.. but a lite version and it will only be for the latest iphone. Just like multitasking - only the newest gets it.
    My understanding is that "The Steve" has spoken, and not only will there not be any support for Flash on the iPhone/iPod/iPad, but the terms of service for the iPhone SDK has been updated to state that developers will not be permitted to use cross-language tools such as the recently introduced toolkit from Adobe that translates Flash programs into iPhone format. Apps must be written in one of the approved languages (such as C or C++).

BTW, many Web sites recognize the browser ID string for the iPhone and transparently present content in a format compatible with it.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 04-18-10 at 08:59 PM.
    04-18-10 08:52 PM
    correct. used to be "coming" lol... I heard it was due to Jobs not wanting to pay... they had a falling out at the original "meeting" and neither wants to deal with the other! lol
    04-18-10 11:09 PM
    04-19-10 07:50 AM
    i cant wait til that second half of 10 gets pushed back to the first half of 11 then second half then first of 12 etc etc
    04-19-10 08:35 AM
    As far as I understood it, the iphone can not do flash. Neither can the ipad for that matter. Jobs is against flash stating that it is not cutting edge and no reason to use it. I could be wrong, that was just how I understood it.
    I think that's a mistake... It may not be cutting edge but that isn't relevant as so many smart phone users want it. Let the storm or droid or tour, etc, get it and watch what happens if the iphone outfit stays with that policy.

Gotta love competition....
    04-19-10 11:03 AM
    He's jailbroken. A jailbroken device can do some flash
    04-19-10 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD