Hey Everyone,

Does anybody know if there's a flash player for the storm and if there is one, where can I find it. Thanks

OFreeman
    03-01-09 10:35 PM
    There isn't this is asked at least 3x daily. Flash won't be out for the Storm for awhile (if ever)
    03-01-09 10:37 PM
    There isn't this is asked at least 3x daily. Flash won't be out for the Storm for awhile (if ever)
    When I bought my Storm the Verizon rep who sold it to me said something about keeping an eye out for updates in the future and that they are trying to get Flash support on the Storm. That is what he said to me, make of it what you will.
    03-01-09 10:41 PM
    And thats how he got you! hahaha
    03-01-09 10:44 PM
    And thats how he got you! hahaha
    Incorrect, he told me this after I bought the phone. But good try, hahaha...yeah not laughing. As I said, take it as you will.
    03-01-09 10:48 PM
    We all want it. It would be sweet if BB got it, but nobody really knows if or when.
    03-01-09 10:50 PM
    I would bet the iPhone will have Flash support before us.
    03-01-09 10:51 PM
    And you took it personally. Sorry :P
    03-01-09 10:57 PM
    I doubt the iPhone will support Flash first. Probably a simultaneous release if there is one at all. Flash is very processor and RAM intensive and both phones are similar in that regard. Both phones have the "bare" capabilities to run Flash processor-wise... the problems start when you are running a Flash video or app and the phone rings or an e-mail comes in. The multi-tasking fast-switch options required for the unit to respond to the incoming request is where the lockup would come. Easy for a PC or laptop to do ... they are 90% idle all day anyway. But these phones are running near the ragged edge of resources as it is ... look at all the threads devoted to hand-wringing, whining and sob-sistering about Storm memory already. For one thing, the Storm would need a physical upgrade to at least 256mb of RAM over the current 128mb so you are already talking a next-gen device or some way to hardware-upgrade memory in these.

Or a whole new "mobile Flash" application ... and then what? Who's going to port tons of Flash content to a different app?
    03-02-09 01:03 AM
    I doubt the iPhone will support Flash first. Probably a simultaneous release if there is one at all. Flash is very processor and RAM intensive and both phones are similar in that regard. Both phones have the "bare" capabilities to run Flash processor-wise... the problems start when you are running a Flash video or app and the phone rings or an e-mail comes in. The multi-tasking fast-switch options required for the unit to respond to the incoming request is where the lockup would come. Easy for a PC or laptop to do ... they are 90% idle all day anyway. But these phones are running near the ragged edge of resources as it is ... look at all the threads devoted to hand-wringing, whining and sob-sistering about Storm memory already. For one thing, the Storm would need a physical upgrade to at least 256mb of RAM over the current 128mb so you are already talking a next-gen device or some way to hardware-upgrade memory in these.

Or a whole new "mobile Flash" application ... and then what? Who's going to port tons of Flash content to a different app?
    AppleInsider | Adobe, Apple working together on Flash for iPhone
    03-02-09 06:43 AM
    Surely if S60 can have a lightweight Flash app - the N95 could play flash animations as long as they:
    1) were not too big - 1200 kb seemed to be around the limit
    2) based on older builds - Flash 8 wasn't supported

Why not BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 08:20 AM
    "Adobe announced that it will release Flash Player 10 for the Palm Pre, Android platform, Symbian platform and Windows Mobile"

No mention of Blackberry OS or iPhone though Apple are working with Adobe to get it done.
    I really doubt it will ever happen.
    03-02-09 12:08 PM
    When I bought my Storm the Verizon rep who sold it to me said something about keeping an eye out for updates in the future and that they are trying to get Flash support on the Storm. That is what he said to me, make of it what you will.
    Please tell me you don't believe the garbage that comes out of Verizon reps' mouths.
    03-02-09 12:30 PM
    Who cares if they ever get it? For every one or two useful flash apps out there, there's at least 100 complete wastes of time. I just wish Flash, Siverlight, and JavaFX would all shrivel up and die. So, screw it, I'd rather have time, effort, and battery power spent on more useful things.
    03-02-09 12:38 PM
    Who cares if they ever get it? For every one or two useful flash apps out there, there's at least 100 complete wastes of time. I just wish Flash, Siverlight, and JavaFX would all shrivel up and die. So, screw it, I'd rather have time, effort, and battery power spent on more useful things.
    Did you quote yourself from another thread cause I swear I've seen that comment before lol. If not, then I just had mega deja vu.
    03-02-09 12:43 PM
    I would have to say that anyone who wants to stream videos and music from sites using Flash players. Hulu comes to mind...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD