Is there a flash player for the storm?
    03-01-09 12:58 PM
    No. The Storm does not support flash.
    03-01-09 12:59 PM
    One day!

One day it will happen!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 01:04 PM
    Take solace in the fact that at least no one else has it either...and when it comes most likely everyone will get it at the same time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 01:06 PM
    Full flash support for web content on WM, skyfire.
    03-01-09 01:07 PM
    Its flashLite on WM. Full Flash is likely to come to the BB, skipping Flash Lite.
    03-01-09 01:08 PM
    Hopefully this will never happen. I really wish Flash, Silverlight, and JavaFX would all just shrivel up and die already. For every one useful site/app written with them, there's about 10,000 completely useless POS sites/apps written with them, and no matter how good the few good ones are, they just can't compete with that sea of pure sh!t spewing from VisualBasic-like Flash creation tools that make it mind numbingly simple to churn out these annoying steaming turds. Then every putz with a facebook/myspace/twitter account who thinks people are really fascinated that they're going to take a leak and go look for something to eat in the fridge, will have to litter the web with some flash app that's just like a million others out there, but has a different text message or something simple and stupid like that.

Used to be that you had to have a reasonable bit of intelligence to create a flash app, so if you came across one, there was probably some thought put into it. Now there are websites that are nothing but one giant flash app that takes about 2 days to load on a 100Mbit Internet connection on a 3GHz quad core system with 8GB of RAM. And after the entire thing loads, it's just a bunch of pointless animations that lose their appeal after about 30 seconds (tops) and there's only a bit of paper thin content.

This is something we can most certainly do without on the Storm, and just life in general.
    03-01-09 01:15 PM
    It would be real nice to have a flash player on the storm
    03-01-09 01:29 PM
    Full flash support for web content on WM, skyfire.
    I use skyfire on my WM phone and it works great. I have looked at their site and they supposedly have BB on top of their list for upcoming compatibility versions. Hopefully they get on that and freakin do it already. By the way, skyfire is also a server sided browser, meaning that the company that made skyfire lets you connect to the web through their servers. Kind of a privacy thing but I don't care as I only browse sites where I don't have to worry about someone getting my private info.

Here is hoping to skyfire and BB support in the near future. VERY near future.
    03-01-09 02:45 PM
    Seems like Adobe just announced they will have flash for everyone but the hated Iphone shortly I think it was at the Mobile World Conference or one of those other shows recently since they where talking about it one of the Podcasts I listen too. May have been the latest round robin that Kevin was in or DL.tv. Pretty sure it was not TWIT though. Of course shortly with Adobe could be Dec 24, 2012. I would imagine it is going to be some version of Flash lite so people can play video. Cannot imagine it being a full version clogging up web pages and the like. Might as well not even open your browser if that was the case.
    03-03-09 02:19 AM
    Seems like Adobe just announced they will have flash for everyone but the hated Iphone shortly I think it was at the Mobile World Conference or one of those other shows recently since they where talking about it one of the Podcasts I listen too. May have been the latest round robin that Kevin was in or DL.tv. Pretty sure it was not TWIT though. Of course shortly with Adobe could be Dec 24, 2012. I would imagine it is going to be some version of Flash lite so people can play video. Cannot imagine it being a full version clogging up web pages and the like. Might as well not even open your browser if that was the case.
    Everybody but "the hated Iphone" and the BlackBerry, you mean. (Aside: hated? really? I don't have one because I hate ATT, but can you really say that it is hated? it's sold how many millions worldwide?)

Nokia also joins Adobe initiative, Flash 10 for (almost) all

Adobe has joined forces with Google (Android), Palm (WebOs), Nokai (S60) and Microsoft (WinMo)to develop full flash support for mobile devices. Missing from the list of participants? Apple and RIM. Apple is "in talks" with Adobe, while
    it seems that a similar deal including RIM is also pretty far off, so BlackBerry users should probably order their daily dose of patience as well.
    03-03-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD